Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Dorian wrote: ^ They didn't improve anything. Ironically, it's actually emulated, with some questionable 2D filtering, like in the case of these bushes:

see, now if you'd posted THAT when you were talking about emulators, I wouldn't even have argued before. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Once they release a Mac version, i'm buying it for sure.

I mean, just cause, you know?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Mac with games? :P

I keed I keed. I do think it's on Steam
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 pm

A few years back, original PC versions of FF7 were going for spazzy prices on Amazon...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Carmageddon free on iOS for today only as a thank you for its recent kickstarter project

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ios-launch
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I read a while ago that Square's still considering and FF7 remake. Summat along the lines of it'll have to be infinitely better than any current iteration, but it'll always be on the table.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:50 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I read a while ago that Square's still considering and FF7 remake. Summat along the lines of it'll have to be infinitely better than any current iteration, but it'll always be on the table.

They are not considering it. Just that they said IF they ever did it would have to be so vastly better for them to consider it. In other words it's not going to happen. Also with Square today and the FF brand. Heh They have soiled the brand too much. They have no clue anymore.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 pm

It's still more likely than Shenmue III.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Bluecast
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Amazes me that we have so much that goes online anymore. Just the mid to late 90's when I was at school and HUGE CRT monitors ball mice and Windows 3.1 to Windows 95. Then I discovered the internet. You needed these monsters to use it and even then while cool at the time the internet as we know was in it's infancy. Websites looked like shit. Now I can browse on my Vita my 3DS my tablet or my TV with PS3. It was a total mind blow in 1999 when Dreamcast did it. The the tech allowed it DC would no doubt have DLC demos and video. You could browse the web on a console in 1999. Now we take it for granted.I never stop to be amazed how far we come. From Atari to PS3. From Game Boy to PS Vita. Remember when Game Gear was the most impressive handheld? I do. Well now we play online with them watch videos on them play parts of games not even released yet. Many take this for granted but me my mind still keeps being blown.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah, Square said the mammoth amount of work it will take to rebuild FFVII is extremely costly which would take several years and a staff of +100 to achieve.

I thought it'd be a no-brainer but considering what they stated, I don't really blame them much for not going for it. Sure it'd be a smash, but it may not recuperate ALL the millions of dollars invested. Especially if its ill-received and it stalls sales. Too risky even for something as popular as FFVII.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Kenny wrote:I thought it'd be a no-brainer but considering what they stated, I don't really blame them much for not going for it. Sure it'd be a smash, but it may not recuperate ALL the millions of dollars invested. Especially if its ill-received and it stalls sales. Too risky even for something as popular as FFVII.

Invalid as nobody needed three FFXIIIs. They could have remade FFVII instead. Twice.

SE is just a terribly mismanaged corporation.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Rakim » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Dorian wrote:
Kenny wrote:I thought it'd be a no-brainer but considering what they stated, I don't really blame them much for not going for it. Sure it'd be a smash, but it may not recuperate ALL the millions of dollars invested. Especially if its ill-received and it stalls sales. Too risky even for something as popular as FFVII.

Invalid as nobody needed three FFXIIIs. They could have remade FFVII instead. Twice.

SE is just a terribly mismanaged corporation.

What's wrong with making money?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Bluecast wrote: Amazes me that we have so much that goes online anymore. Just the mid to late 90's when I was at school and HUGE CRT monitors ball mice and Windows 3.1 to Windows 95. Then I discovered the internet. You needed these monsters to use it and even then while cool at the time the internet as we know was in it's infancy. Websites looked like shit. Now I can browse on my Vita my 3DS my tablet or my TV with PS3. It was a total mind blow in 1999 when Dreamcast did it. The the tech allowed it DC would no doubt have DLC demos and video. You could browse the web on a console in 1999. Now we take it for granted.I never stop to be amazed how far we come. From Atari to PS3. From Game Boy to PS Vita. Remember when Game Gear was the most impressive handheld? I do. Well now we play online with them watch videos on them play parts of games not even released yet. Many take this for granted but me my mind still keeps being blown.

Agree with this. I work around a lot of current technology, not phones though, so when smartphones started appearing with the fast mobile data, able to go onto Youtube, Facebook, Google etc. anywhere, my mind was quite blown. It took me a long time to convert to smartphone usage myself, but "convert" is the key word, a smartphone is a seriously useful tool to have. Most of them even have GPS now!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bluecast
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Square are saving the FFVII remake. I know they aren't in great shape now but should they be very desperate for money they can just announce it and swim in money.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Kenny
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming