Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 am

Funnily enough, I'm playing Shenmue II at the moment, and that's the part I've just got past.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Kc3DQriis[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Went to town to buy some shoes and was tempted to leave with a PS Vita.. How does that work?

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:35 pm

OL wrote: That's all cool, but I personally find it even more remarkable and surprising that they actually have a Bonanza Bros. costume and wheel.
Such a forgotten gem. Nice to see it getting some notice. :D

Also: hey look, it's Kiyuu!

Well in the Tennis and Racing games they have them
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Went to town to buy some shoes and was tempted to leave with a PS Vita.. How does that work?

PS Fanboy you would love it. Vita is fucking awesome. Despite having fewer games worth owning than 3DS I love the Vita more. It's as amazing in 2012 as PSP was in 2004.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUR6u8nHoM[/youtube]
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Found my original Xbox "Demo disk" with Sega GT and JSRF on it. Put it in my black 360, was surprised it loaded straight away, no download needed or anything. Played it for about 20 minutes, and it did feel a bit dated to play, but I had fun.

Downloaded the JSR HD demo from XBL today. Did not like. :cry:

Also, completed XCOM a few nights ago. It actually did get a bit easier, which was slightly disappointing, 'cos even though it was on Easy, it did give a just-on-the-hard-side of a challenge most of the way. So I think I will start a new game, and make the jump to Impossible. I will swear.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Riku Rose wrote: When one of you's get the game tell me when your playing it and we can try and play together. Sadly I went through the whole thing solo but still loved it.

Brilliant, isn't it? Add me and we'll sort out a trip some time. It's such a fucking great game. :D
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 pm

^I'm not free until Monday at the earliest but I'm down for a journey. I'll add you on my PSN list next time I'm on.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Riku Rose wrote: ^I'm not free until Monday at the earliest but I'm down for a journey. I'll add you on my PSN list next time I'm on.

That's cool. I usually play it weekdays late at night so that's best for me too.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Fecking ell, has anybody else been following the ugly debacle that EG article I posted up has become? What a mess. Shame, shame, shame.

Basically, Lauren Wainwright who was named and shamed in the article (or the company she works for) supposedly threatened EG with a liable lawsuit. So EG edited the article, and the man who wrote it was so disgusted that he has now (amicably) stepped down from doing any more columns for EG.

The tragic thing is, that this just seems to have dug an even deeper ditch for poor ol Wainwright. As before the article was amended, she seemed to be given very little attention by the blood thristy gamers, but since the liable rumour emerged....well, she's now been put under a lot more scrutiny. And unfortunately for her, it's emerged that she works as a consultant for Squineex...and has also reviewed SE games since. This is all so unfortunate because she's really probably not particularly corrupt as far as video games media standards go, but she'll now likely be remembered by many gamers as the "corrupt woman that caused that righteous guy to lose his job".

EG look bad for (understandably) editing the original article, and the guy that wrote it has (due to integrity) now chosen to lose a job. No winners here :(

Games media is a joke...

mue 26 has received a thanks from: KiBa
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 pm

lol, press politics. The whole idea of it has always seemed ridiculous to me.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Jesus I remember a time when Jaz Rignall and Richard Leadbetter were the buster bignuts in gaming journalism. I don't have a fucking clue who these guys are tbh.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 pm

mue 26 wrote: Fecking ell, has anybody else been following the ugly debacle that EG article I posted up has become? What a mess. Shame, shame, shame.

Basically, Lauren Wainwright who was named and shamed in the article (or the company she works for) supposedly threatened EG with a liable lawsuit. So EG edited the article, and the man who wrote it was so disgusted that he has now (amicably) stepped down from doing any more columns for EG.

The tragic thing is, that this just seems to have dug an even deeper ditch for poor ol Wainwright. As before the article was amended, she seemed to be given very little attention by the blood thristy gamers, but since the liable rumour emerged....well, she's now been put under a lot more scrutiny. And unfortunately for her, it's emerged that she works as a consultant for Squineex...and has also reviewed SE games since. This is all so unfortunate because she's really probably not particularly corrupt as far as video games media standards go, but she'll now likely be remembered by many gamers as the "corrupt woman that caused that righteous guy to lose his job".

EG look bad for (understandably) editing the original article, and the guy that wrote it has (due to integrity) now chosen to lose a job. No winners here :(

Games media is a joke...

Jeff Gerstman all over again?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miWIxJJkLkI[/youtube]

Seems pretty cool, had no idea what it was until now. Level 5 and Suda51 cant be bad combination. Shame its just a eshop download though... BUT its only 7.99. The graphics seem... lackluster for the 3DS though, seems like it should be a regular DS game graphically. The anime cut scenes look nice though.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming