Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Sonikku » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 pm

south carmain wrote: the controls for zelda TP wii are terrible, what a lousy port

I can't believe after all these years I still haven't played it. I wanted a Wii so bad when it came out so I could play it. Hellraiser even offered me his Gamecube copy of twilight princess after he beat it. But nay, I declined, I wanted the wii version with it's exclusive widescreen mode. And the motion controls. I had pictured it as the "definitive" version. Three years later I finally got a wii when they finally started being in stock only to find I didn't really care any more. I never bought a game for the thing after the day I took it home.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Sonikku wrote:
south carmain wrote: the controls for zelda TP wii are terrible, what a lousy port

I can't believe after all these years I still haven't played it. I wanted a Wii so bad when it came out so I could play it. Hellraiser even offered me his Gamecube copy of twilight princess after he beat it. But nay, I declined, I wanted the wii version with it's exclusive widescreen mode. And the motion controls. I had pictured it as the "definitive" version. Three years later I finally got a wii when they finally started being in stock only to find I didn't really care any more. I never bought a game for the thing after the day I took it home.

it's an enjoyable game, the controls are not great especially when fishing but the game itself is good and you get to be a wolf so yay
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

I got it on GC and really is the best version. Wii version also has a major glitch if you save in the cannon room.
What happens when the last few months you rush a port to make launch.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

I always liked the wii version better, I just adapted to them quickly. Skyward sword was pretty easy (gameplay wise) for me to get into as well, it was just the fact that is had shit pacing.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I always liked the wii version better,.

Please elaborate as to why. For someone always so hung up on technical issues this kinda shocks me as TP was a mess on Wii.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 am

I am trying to figure out a good multiplayer game that me and Cori can play on PS3. Anyone got any suggestions? I want a good 2 player game, it could even be a DLC for all I care, the games dont have to neccisarily be geared for girls, but just keep in mind it will be a guy and a girl playing it. I just want something with either cool puzzles or lots of enemies to bash, or both or maybe even something completely different from both of those. Anyone got any ideas? I would appreciate it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I am trying to figure out a good multiplayer game that me and Cori can play on PS3. Anyone got any suggestions? I want a good 2 player game, it could even be a DLC for all I care, the games dont have to neccisarily be geared for girls, but just keep in mind it will be a guy and a girl playing it. I just want something with either cool puzzles or lots of enemies to bash, or both or maybe even something completely different from both of those. Anyone got any ideas? I would appreciate it.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

Bluecast has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 am

Bah. I really felt like playing streets of rage again with someone else like in the olden days, so I hooked up my 360 to my cable modem, grudgingly bought 800 points to pick up the trilogy yet again despite already having it on Genesis AND 360 (in sonic's ultimate genesis collect that omits xbox live features...) only to find that xbox live lobbies are all "crickets" for all three games. Not even Quick Match turns up anything.. Nobody plays it anymore it seems. It doesn't even let me fill my flat 4x3 CRT. Assuming all displays are 16x9, it displays in a box within a box with a flavor background despite my display being a perfect fit for the games aspect ratio. No amount of fiddling in the picture options fixes it. Not even the previous streets of rage 2 stand alone release on Xbox Arcade forced that on me. (but was so woefully ported that the Live support lagged no matter the connection) I feel like I've been taken for a ride and I'm tired of Sega's bullshit by never doing right by their fans. What a waste.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:39 am

Ryudo wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I always liked the wii version better,.

Please elaborate as to why. For someone always so hung up on technical issues this kinda shocks me as TP was a mess on Wii.

aside from the cannon part its pretty much bug free. The inputs are the same, like in terms of constants they're always useable the series has never really had ant trouble with chugging or dropping frames, it runs at a higher native resolution (which when playing it on PC and getting rid of what I call the "Oil" filter it looks waaaay better) and like I said, I just find the motion controls more convenient.

I think for most people the GC version is the way to go, but I've got both and I keep going through the Wii one when I feel like playing it.

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I am trying to figure out a good multiplayer game that me and Cori can play on PS3. Anyone got any suggestions? I want a good 2 player game, it could even be a DLC for all I care, the games dont have to neccisarily be geared for girls, but just keep in mind it will be a guy and a girl playing it. I just want something with either cool puzzles or lots of enemies to bash, or both or maybe even something completely different from both of those. Anyone got any ideas? I would appreciate it.

Theres Borderlands, Ratchet and clank all for 1

those two jump to mind.

Also why are people acting like releasing Mega Man 1-6 (which are pretty easily accessible) over the span of a whole year on 3DS a big deal. Worst part of all of this is that its 1-6 , 7 and 8 are left out completely YAAAY megaman is back we've got re-releases.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:09 am

Why did they flip TP? Made searching for a guide impossible.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Calshot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:20 am

^
If I remember correctly, it was thought that, since most people are right handed, people would be confused when they were swinging the Wiimote with their right hand and Link would be swinging with his left.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby OL » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 am

Portal 2 had a cool multiplayer mode. Very short, but it's nothing but puzzles.
And I like Segata's suggestion of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Not difficult by any means, and I've only played single player thus far, but it was made specifically for two or more players, and it can be a helluva lot of fun.

OL has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 am

Currently playing AC Brotherhood for the first time and it's great. My bro bought me Revelations for Christmas and I asked my ma to buy AC III. Looks like I'll be busy.

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: OL
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 am

http://www.terriblefate.com/

End of the world Majoras Mask Style countdown timer
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming