Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 am

I don't know if this topic can work. Just a random thought you had about gaming. A nostalgic moment or just what is on your mind that does not quite fit in a specific topic.

You may ask why I just can't bring myself to ever leave this place.
It's because this place is not full of fucking morons and real gamers who actually deserve to game. Yeah I said deserve. Why I use such harsh words? I have talked about the idiocy of this place and behold.
Start reading yo_john117 posts from this page to page 6. It gives me a headache some people are this dumb
:lol:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread. ... 769&page=4
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Thief » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:12 am

I was just thinking that if I tried to get girls to like me in real life like I do in Harvest Moon I'd probably have a few restraining orders.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Myles wrote:I have an urge to really buckle down with a good RPG. Maybe even an MMORPG. I dont have classes til January, so some time to kill.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_8W3QFsNU[/youtube]

Willies willies I like willies
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:55 pm

I look at my gaming shelf and it just feels so small. I'm insecure about it's size. :sad:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Dorian wrote:David Cage is getting too bossy even considering his standards. The way he compared himself to Ueda is laughable, and it's also pathetic to watch him beg for Sony's money and pretend that he doesn't care about money at the same time.

I'm a underground cool game maker guy. Buy my games but only play once! I'm about art not money!
FUK UZ! U NO SELL USED GAMES I LOZE MONEYZ!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Best game-related impulse buy I've ever made (which, in error, I stated as being Theresia before):
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams.
I remember having money in my pocket and a sudden urge to just buy a game, any game at all. Saw Dawn of Dreams, and being a fan of the first three Onimusha games (though not yet the raving loon that I am for them now), figured "Eh, why not?"
And that passive little "Eh, why not" ended up being my favorite game on the PS2, possibly my favorite game from that generation of consoles, and a game that inches closer and closer to being my absolute favorite each time I play through it.

Really going to have to try to do something special when I finally make a video on it (only two more videos to finish, and then I can do it).
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 pm

OL wrote:Best game-related impulse buy I've ever made (which, in error, I stated as being Theresia before):
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams.
I remember having money in my pocket and a sudden urge to just buy a game, any game at all. Saw Dawn of Dreams, and being a fan of the first three Onimusha games (though not yet the raving loon that I am for them now), figured "Eh, why not?"
And that passive little "Eh, why not" ended up being my favorite game on the PS2, possibly my favorite game from that generation of consoles, and a game that inches closer and closer to being my absolute favorite each time I play through it.

Really going to have to try to do something special when I finally make a video on it (only two more videos to finish, and then I can do it).

Total impulse buy for was the Ace Attorney series. I bought the second just to spend the money I had. Other than that. Buying a Psone.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:12 pm

When I finished Killzone 3, couldn't help but think "this story had potential to be good".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:31 pm

The Braid dev is starting to piss me off. Prove you are not a 1 hit wounder allready and shut the fuck up!
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:39 pm

I impulsed playing Snatcher just because "it was from the creator of Metal Gear Solid series". I loved every game up until 3 and since 4 was a long ways off I figured why the hell not and so played it. The game instantly became one of my all time favourites. Never played a better Japanese adventure game, the only one that's come close was Suda51's Flower, Sun & Rain (another impulse game, just because of the creator's involvement).

Also, I bought Nier just from seeing two screenshots. Pretty sure it was these ones:

So that was another great impulse buy for me.

@Dorian: Haha, if that happened, Square-Enix would be finished. They really put those two at the forefront, centre in every game getting made. Either that, or they'd hire some new guys or let the other guys take charge, but who the hell knows what'd happen then?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 am

Dorian wrote:It sure is a crazy gaming thought, OL, but to each his own!

What's crazy about it?
I wasn't saying Dawn of Dreams is the best game ever made or anything. Just that it's very close to the top as far as my favorites go.
And I do make a pretty strict distinction between "best" and "favorite".
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:46 am

I know, that's why I said that to each his own.

It's just hard for me to grasp since I played Shin a lot and, well... Let's see, it was an Onimusha game that changed its focus form chanbara to anime, and I truly don't remember it being even remotely special. I remember it being solid, that's all. Oh well, I'll be sure to replay it if I ever get a chance to buy it.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:54 am

he had the Dawn of Dreams avatar forever and now I use it on my channel just because the characer look awesome. Not to mention was awesome in TvsC
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:19 am

Onimusha gained more of an anime style with its second game, I've always thought. Only the first game ever felt like an actual chanbara film to me (though more like Makai Tensho because of it's supernatural elements rather than, say, Lone Wolf and Cub).
Dawn of Dreams is great to me because it's kind of a culmination of everything that made the first three games great, wrapped up in a story that is miles bigger and more epic than any of the original trilogy. It's just about as good as an Onimusha game can possibly be, in my eyes. Excellent Japanese voice acting, really well-rounded, interesting characters, fantastic graphics (the main reason I'm guessing the game took up two discs), awesome music that's both complex and catchy...
I feel like the game was met with the "eh, it's okay" reception that it got because of the vast number of weapons-based action games that had been released prior to it in that generation of gaming, both good and bad. Because of that, people were a bit numb to just how well DoD was actually put together gameplay-wise. And without a good knowledge of a lot of the details of the stories from the previous three games, many of the coolest elements of Dawn of Dreams' story might have flown over peoples' heads.

Even trying to look at it objectively, DoD still seems to be every bit as good as other Capcom games from the era that got even more hype and acclaim, such as DMC3 and RE4. It's kind of hard to comprehend (as great as those games are) why DoD got a bit left in the dust despite being every bit as good as those other games.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:47 am

This is why
Physical>Digital
Shit like this

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/28/r-typ ... n-sept-30/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Next

Return to General Gaming