Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 am

It's being reported across the web that Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, on PS Vita has a few nasty bugs which could lose players their save file.

One bug sees heroine Avelie de Grandpre being trapped in the Animus loading screen. Apparently this bug appears when players attempt to reload after Avelie dies, or when they try to load progress from the main menu. Apparently the bug has appeared for quite a few people after several hours of play, meaning that you could lose a lot of progress.

Ubisoft have been made aware of the problem, in the meantime though it's best to save your game regularly and back-up until the publisher gets around to releasing a patch. It's a pity this bug has appeared, since Liberation is a great game, but we are sure it'll be fixed soon.

http://www.shopto.net/news/41197/AC-III ... m=facebook
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 pm

OL wrote:So I'm curious about this AC: Ezio Trilogy that's apparently being released for PS3.
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-E ... evelations
Everything I look up on it says that AC2 includes "all downloadable content," but doesn't specify whether it's on the disc or just a voucher.
If it's on the disc, I may just have to get it.
Ah, who'm I kidding. I might get it anyway just to look pretty on my shelf.

EDIT: And Japan seems to be getting an even better collection:

http://www.ubisoft.co.jp/ac3/eziosaga/index.html
All three games, a six-disc complete soundtrack, and the full AC Encyclopedia.
Damn Japanese. Even with games made in the west, they still get the cooler LE's and swag.

Ya im actually getting that collection since I havent playn brotherhood, revelations or any of the dlc. Should be nice.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Almost got AC but got LA NOIRE instead.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Ryudo wrote: Almost got AC but got LA NOIRE instead.

fatal error

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Almost got AC but got LA NOIRE instead.

fatal error

Why? I been loving the hell out of it. I'm a big NOIRE fan and been wanting this since 2006. So far I am more than happy.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Axm wrote:Ya im actually getting that collection since I havent playn brotherhood, revelations or any of the dlc. Should be nice.

I only wish it were more of a "complete" collection, with all of the DLC for Brotherhood as well. The DaVinci Disappearance was a pretty cool little mission pack.

But I might be getting it anyway on the chance that the games will already be patched on the disc. Hopefully that'll be the case. These games always seem to start out with tons of bugs, but get patched over and over as time goes on. Revelations was supposedly pretty buggy initially, but I popped it in yesterday, the patch was automatically applied, and the game was actually even more solid than I remembered. Impressively so, actually.
15 or 20 years from now, when those patches are no longer automatically downloaded and applied, it'd be nice to know that I've got a version of these games already fully-patched on the disc. So here's hoping that's what we're getting.

OL has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

L.A. Noire... Promised us the world, and gave us Wales.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:50 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: L.A. Noire... Promised us the world, and gave us Wales.

:lol:

Liked it at first but then it wore off and i saw i had simply played a linear game filled with the same basic mini games over and over and a large world that was only about 5% useful and i could play as badly as i wanted to and still complete every case and simply move on.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I loved L.A Noire. Thought it was a huge leap forward in graphics for npc's, the story was great, gameplay was fresh and the atmosphere was detailed. The gun play however was poor and things did get repetative, but you could say that about most games such as AC. Id love a sequel in another time period.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Yeah, I really liked LA Noire, personally. It also made a lot more sense when it was revealed that the "doubt" dialogue option was originally meant to be "force" :lol:, in case anyone was wondering why Phelps gets so aggressive. I always liked how much of an angry nutcase Phelps was though, it made him much more interesting then your usual game character. Oh and the level of period detail in the game is pretty much unrivalled, it's kind of Shenmue-esque in that sense at least.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 pm

http://gameological.com/2012/11/review- ... creed-iii/

Ouch. Sorry, I know I shouldn't just be posting these reviews in here without actually trying the game myself first. But I'm getting more and more discouraged...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I've only sat down and played it twice since I bought it due to being busy but I've been having fun. I just beat what I think was sequence 3.

I've seen a few bugs here and there but the only major one was when a woman disappeared in a cut scene and the main character just looked like a crazy man talking to himself.

Otherwise I'm enjoying myself. The same problems from others games are still there but it's fun to play. I'm about 4-5 hours in and I'm still learning how to do certain things.

I avoided pretty much every trailer other then the launch one but not playing as the Indian guy at first was a shock. I loved the original guy and I thought he was going to be up there with Ezio but he turned out to be a Templar the bastard. Have to admit I wasn't expecting that.

On another note I end up hating Desmond more and more each game.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I haven't played it yet, and I don't think it'll be as amazing based on a trend I've noticed but a lot of the review is bullshit. For example, he calls the game out for having a "slow start" where you play as the main character in their youth but you did that with Ezio. why was it okay to actually see Ezio being born in one game but not play out Connor's early years?

Theres plenty of dumb stuff like going on a journey to transform into an eagle (We've got red skin, that doesn't make us animorphs) but I noticed in reviews and especially when the game was announced that theres a certain amount of unwillingness to accept Connor as a protagonist and especially with American reviewers to accept that there are colonial templars (the review calls out the idea that there are templars on both sides when the same dynamic was explored in revelations between Ottomans and Byzantines)

It's likely buggy and has lots of dumb shit and tutorials out the ass, but if he's going to call out AC3 for that stuff (which i think is fine) he should do it for all AAA games because they all have the same issues. Then theres pacing and "gamification" issues he calls out that are in the other AC games which he claims to like.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 pm

mue 26 wrote: Yeah, I really liked LA Noire, personally. It also made a lot more sense when it was revealed that the "doubt" dialogue option was originally meant to be "force" :lol:, in case anyone was wondering why Phelps gets so aggressive. I always liked how much of an angry nutcase Phelps was though, it made him much more interesting then your usual game character. Oh and the level of period detail in the game is pretty much unrivalled, it's kind of Shenmue-esque in that sense at least.

Tat's exactly it for me. I am already a fan of NOIR films. This feels like Shenmue NOIRE :mrgreen:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming