Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby OL » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 am

I actually wouldn't mind him being even angrier like that, sort of a completely dark and grizzled type. It'd certainly be justified, considering the realities of historical relations between Indians and the colonists.
But as he is, his anger just comes off as, like I said, teenage outbursts. Half the time he just sounds like one of these dumb kids you hear nowadays, reciting ideological jargon they probably heard from their parents.
And his voice is actually a big part of that, too. I don't think he was very well-cast. His voice actor has that sort of adolescent twinge to it, like it might crack any time he yells. Doesn't do him any favors.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:35 am

does anybody know yet if the DLC on the ezio trilogy will be on disc?? or come with a code to redeem it for free??
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:03 am

OL wrote: I actually wouldn't mind him being even angrier like that, sort of a completely dark and grizzled type. It'd certainly be justified, considering the realities of historical relations between Indians and the colonists.
But as he is, his anger just comes off as, like I said, teenage outbursts. Half the time he just sounds like one of these dumb kids you hear nowadays, reciting ideological jargon they probably heard from their parents.
And his voice is actually a big part of that, too. I don't think he was very well-cast. His voice actor has that sort of adolescent twinge to it, like it might crack any time he yells. Doesn't do him any favors.

Word, I think they needed to give him some more time and attention Ezio got 3 games and Altair got 3, Connor could have gotten a few and not been Chris O'Donnell in batman and robin.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJnsObZ0WzM[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: OL, Perfect_Chaos
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm on sequence 7 now. I looked at the achievements and it said there are either 12 or 13. That shocked me because every mission is still people saying. "Oh let me show you how to bribe someone." or "Let me show you how to sail a boat." I'm still enjoying the game they could have really summed up the tutorial a lot quicker rather then spreading it over 6-8 hours of the game. Maybe just have an animus testing stage like when they show you how to climb.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 am

I have to say, as many complaints as I've made about the game, AC3 really is absolutely exemplary in certain aspects. Just been messing around in Revelations the last few minutes, and fooling around with the earlier games really makes it evident how excellent the animation is in AC3. Hard to notice if you haven't spent any time with the predecessors recently, but it really is impressive as hell.
They made the claim in one of the game's trailers that Connor has so many animations that he's probably the most expressive gaming character ever created, and I'm starting to think they're not too far off-base in saying that.
Ironically (since I've gone on about how much better he is than Connor before), I'm now sitting here wishing Ezio had that much animation applied to him.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 am

Just a quick question. I 've played Assassin's Creed I and II, but haven't played Revelations or Brotherhood. Do you have to play those two to understand Assassin's Creed III, or are they not cannon?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:03 am

They do advance the story.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Just a quick question. I 've played Assassin's Creed I and II, but haven't played Revelations or Brotherhood. Do you have to play those two to understand Assassin's Creed III...

Yes.
Or at least, if you want to understand the story of Desmond Miles and why the modern-day Assassins are looking into the past, then you have to play them all.
If you liked either of the first two games, though, then it shouldn't be too much to ask to play Brotherhood and Revelations. They're my two favorites in the series, actually. I'd absolutely recommend them either way.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Haha ok then, I guess I'll have to play through those first. I did enjoy both I and II, although the frst was a bit more repetetive
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Brotherhood definitely expands everything quite a bit.
Most people seem to regard Revelations as being the same basic game as Brotherhood, but with a different coat of paint over it. Which is fair, to an extent, but it doesn't change the fact that Revelations is my favorite overall. The setting, characters, and visual style are all a bit more "foreign" to my eyes, which makes it even more interesting (not to say, by any means, that Rome and its surrounding ruins aren't interesting). And the actual narrative is almost more of an "Assassin's Creed meets Indiana Jones" kind of thing; while AC2 and Brotherhood are both pretty focused on the same old cliche of revenge, Revelations is all about uncovering the past. In telling a story like that, it also adds a lot of extra development to Altair from the first game, who may have seemed a bit bland in AC1, but gains a much richer history and background here.

Sorry, I know you didn't ask. Just felt like rambling. I'm in a complete AC "mode" right now. :)

OL has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Now I'm confused. I was told you didn't need to play them.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Someone told you the wrong thing then.
A lot happens in both Brotherhood and Revelations that drives Desmonds story forward. It's all very important (especially the ending to Brotherhood). If you just jump from AC2 to AC3, you'll be left wondering what the hell Desmond and the other modern-day characters are talking about half the time, and how they even got to where they are to begin with.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I'm on sequence 7 now. I looked at the achievements and it said there are either 12 or 13. That shocked me because every mission is still people saying. "Oh let me show you how to bribe someone." or "Let me show you how to sail a boat." I'm still enjoying the game they could have really summed up the tutorial a lot quicker rather then spreading it over 6-8 hours of the game. Maybe just have an animus testing stage like when they show you how to climb.

my complaint exactly. 1-3 was prologue then 4-5 was tutorial. but i will say 6-12 are a lot longer than 1-5. once you finish the game it will not bother you how much was wasted on tutorial on 1-5 once you realize that meat of the game (time wise) is 6-12. then theres the epilogue after the credits.
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:59 pm

I really don't want to get AC1. Youtube?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming