Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Ryudo wrote: I really don't want to get AC1. Youtube?

i would just read a summary on wikipedia. i couldnt imagine watching a 15 hour game on youtube instead of playing it. or am i missing the point?

EDIT: if u buy the second one get it online and make sure its the full edition or complete edition or something like that. it comes with the DLC thats crucial to the story since i know you dont support DLC
Last edited by Perfect_Chaos on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:

i would just read a summary on wikipedia. i couldnt imagine watching a 15 hour game on youtube instead of playing i. or am i missing the point?

Many games people just post the story bits. How I got the MK story
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Perfect_Chaos wrote:

i would just read a summary on wikipedia. i couldnt imagine watching a 15 hour game on youtube instead of playing i. or am i missing the point?

Many games people just post the story bits. How I got the MK story

O ok. now i get it. probably should skip the first because many people are turned away by that game (i am not one of those peolple) ide hate for you to turn your nose up to a great series because you didnt enjoy the first. you know what i mean?
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 pm

You could go that route I suppose, but nothing adds impact to a story like interactivity does. Without actually playing AC1 and experiencing it for yourself, all future mentions of Altair (of which there are many in AC2 and Revelations) will probably be a lot less impacting than they would otherwise.
Just watching a bunch of videos will make him feel like "that guy you saw", rather than "that guy you were". And actually being someone holds a lot more weight than just watching them, obviously.
Though I'd say the same for any game, really. It's an interactive medium. In most cases, just watching videos negates the whole point.

OL has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Perfect_Chaos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:12 pm

We will see. Not ready to dive into AC yet. Got a huge backlog. Just got a TG16 and a few games on it and Xbox 360 kike Nier and Infinite undiscovery and Folklore on PS3. When I dive into AC it will be on whatever system I see cheapest in the store. I want to get AC now but my wallet is saying dude..seriously relax. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Ryudo wrote: We will see. Not ready to dive into AC yet. Got a huge backlog. Just got a TG16 and a few games on it and Xbox 360 kike Nier and Infinite undiscovery and Folklore on PS3. When I dive into AC it will be on whatever system I see cheapest in the store. I want to get AC now but my wallet is saying dude..seriously relax. :P

u got a PS3? awesome!

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Ryudo wrote: We will see. Not ready to dive into AC yet. Got a huge backlog. Just got a TG16 and a few games on it and Xbox 360 kike Nier and Infinite undiscovery and Folklore on PS3. When I dive into AC it will be on whatever system I see cheapest in the store. I want to get AC now but my wallet is saying dude..seriously relax. :P

u got a PS3? awesome!

Yeah a couple weeks ago. Sadly the 360 you gave me RROD so I replaced it. But still kept it

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 pm

I don't want to take the chance and accidently spoil it for Ryudo but...

Does anyone else feel like Conner was rushed into the creed?You do a few missions after getting the homestead going and all the sudden he gets the assassins robes.It took Ezio years to officially be initiated.Background wise,I don't think they thought much about Connor.I'm on sequence 11 so I might be speaking to soon.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: I don't want to take the chance and accidently spoil it for Ryudo but...

Does anyone else feel like Conner was rushed into the creed?You do a few missions after getting the homestead going and all the sudden he gets the assassins robes.It took Ezio years to officially be initiated.Background wise,I don't think they thought much about Connor.I'm on sequence 11 so I might be speaking to soon.

When Ezio joined i think it was more serious. the brotherhood was bigger and more relevant. i think with conner the brotherhood was a thing of the past so conner was used more as a resurrection to the brotherhood. thats how i saw it anyways

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: OL
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Perfect_Chaos wrote:

u got a PS3? awesome!

Yeah a couple weeks ago. Sadly the 360 you gave me RROD so I replaced it. But still kept it

sorry for the double post peoples! i didnt notive ryudos post till just now.

that doesnt surprise me. that 360 was old as dirt. i bought it used in '07. i was in constant fear of RROD so i bought a black slim one since those (supposedly) dont have the RROD problem. did you get a Black Slim?

Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Ryudo wrote:
Perfect_Chaos wrote:

u got a PS3? awesome!

sorry for the double post peoples! i didnt notive ryudos post till just now.

that doesnt surprise me. that 360 was old as dirt. i bought it used in '07. i was in constant fear of RROD so i bought a black slim one sine those (supposedly) dont have the RROD problem. did you get a Black Slim?

Yeah the slim 250GB :)

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Samanosuke Akechi wrote: I don't want to take the chance and accidently spoil it for Ryudo but...

When Ezio joined i think it was more serious. the brotherhood was bigger and more relevant. i think with conner the brotherhood was a thing of the past so conner was used more as a resurrection to the brotherhood. thats how i saw it anyways

Exactly. You have to take into account that Achilles is an old man at that point, and when he sees so much potential in Connor, he realizes that his sort of "withdrawl" from the Assassin's was a mistake, and sees an opening to rectify it.
It's kind of like the Luke/Obi Wan relationship. Their order has died down quite a bit, which makes the need for tradition a little less pertinent. I think Achilles even mentions when he's inducting Connor into the Assassins that "we used to have a ceremony for this kind of thing" but that neither of them are the type to worry about that stuff. Something along those lines.
Also, the passage of time is always a bit vague in these games, but I got the impression that at the time of Connor receiving the robes, some considerable amount of time had passed already anyway. Much of it was just skipped over, so as not to spend too long on Connor's training.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:29 pm

So I beat ACIII last night...

I always prepare myself for bad ending with games,and this wasn't any different.After watching Desmond touch the pedestal,the first thing I asked myself was "So re-living the memories of Altaïr,Ezio and Connor were ultimately for nothing?The whole December 21,2012 has come and gone,new assassin will be introduced with the bloodlines of the first civilization.So I'm guessing that will be the next setting.Assassins and Templar coming to a truce?William said himself that It's been attempted (attempted or thought of) before,probably have no choice now that Juno was set free.Is Desmond really dead?Or will be have a future role like 16?Time will tell.But to sum it up,I thought it was a disappointing cliff hanger ending.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 pm

what did yall think of the white "fog" at the top of the screen in brotherhood? when your in a well lit area in the game you cant see it. when under a building passing through a tunnel its highly noticeable. when in a dungeon, cave etc.. its just god awful. the image below is when in a dungeon so its on the extreme side. i did not take the pic i just fund it through google. this happens on PS3,360,and PC.

Ubisoft says its not a bug, just a lighting effect that they are aware players are not happy with

what did u think of it?

Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:05 pm

They put Silent Hill in your AC! Excuse me waiter I did not want Silent Hill in my AC!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming