Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Assassins Creed II

Postby [mYLES] » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 am

Some more details are in Game Informer this month, so pick up your copy. The biggest complaint about the first one is how it can be painfully repetitive. Also, the enemies are better and smarter. You don't die the second you touch water like Sonic the Hedgehog. Ezio is the main character in this one too.

Here's a link to ign's article and a trailer: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/973/973234p1.html

You guys looking forward to this game or what?
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JordanC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:54 am

I heard that GameInformer was essentially just a bunch of advertisements with around 3 reviews that pander specifically to the game manufacturer... ?

Don't go to GameInformer, just google it instead - I bet there's more info.
JordanC
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm keeping my eye on it. If it is the same as the last one then you can count me out I want something a little different.

*Waits for Ryudo to bitch about Jade*
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ri_oh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm

I'll keep my eye on this. Wasn't a huge fan of the first one. Traded it in after a month. I liked the setting, but the story was a bit silly IMO. Wasn't big on the combat either.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Game informer will hype this even if it was total shit(not saying it is) just so you will pre-order it at Gamestop.

maybe best to check some non biased sites/mags that are not owned by a mega corp who has a gamestore that pushes pre-orders and Mag subs just so the employee pushing it can get more hours to work the next week.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby [mYLES] » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Ri_oh wrote:I'll keep my eye on this. Wasn't a huge fan of the first one. Traded it in after a month. I liked the setting, but the story was a bit silly IMO. Wasn't big on the combat either.

Didnt like the combat? I found that the combat gave a lot of freedom. I dont know how far you got in the game, but you get more options in the combat system as you go alone, such as the counter attack. It was one of the best things about the game for me.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Oh yeah, Jade Raymond is gorgeous.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Oh yeah, Jade Raymond is gorgeous.

Since Riku wants me to dust this old comic off.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Always look to more than source if you can. I like Gametrailers cause they show the game in motion so I can judge for myself easier than say look at a few pictures and read a couple of columns.

And I dunno if I wanna play this. I played the original and the only real fun I had was picking fights with the guards and slaying random people. And even that got boring after awhile, everyone is a fucking pushover.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ri_oh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:28 pm

[mYLES] wrote:
Ri_oh wrote:I'll keep my eye on this. Wasn't a huge fan of the first one. Traded it in after a month. I liked the setting, but the story was a bit silly IMO. Wasn't big on the combat either.

Didnt like the combat? I found that the combat gave a lot of freedom. I dont know how far you got in the game, but you get more options in the combat system as you go alone, such as the counter attack. It was one of the best things about the game for me.

I like it when games separate combat into it's own system rather than implementing it into the main gamplay. Shenmue and Yakuza for example. So I'll give Assassin's Creed props for that. I just found it a bit unbalanced. But I didn't play overly far into the game, so I won't judge too much.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:32 pm

[mYLES] wrote:

Sorry but the combat was awfull in the game. There was the move where if they go to attack you, you kill them in one move. You could do that the whole game.

The free running was by far the best part. but I feel that even Mirror's Edge had beat it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby [mYLES] » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Yeah, the counter attack made it... simple.... press X whenever they try to attack you. But if you actually played it and not half assed it all, the combats could get quite intense I found.

I like the View Points in it as well, just eye candy really. I hate how long the dialogue goes for sometimes though in it.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 am

wow. the story in AC is history dude. Research it . It's far from silly.

Anyway, I really want this game. It has a certain air about it that made me and my friend anticipate it as if it was Shenmue 3. It kind of feels like it. The cliffhanger they leave you with at the end of 1 had me so sweating bullets. I'm alittle dissappointed with how they choose to start the second one though. I wanted to see what happens in that darn room. It seems from what I read in GI, that you just start with this prick ancestor of Altair's from the start.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Why is this being released on wii/PSP,isn't that a bit pointless since the first wasn't?
Just leave it on 360/PS3/PC where the first was released.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/973/973530p1.html
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming