Fist of the North Star series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Fist of the North Star series

Postby OL » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 am

Bluecast wrote::lol: I dare you to watch the 90's live action american film.

I believe I will decline that dare, good sir.
Though now that you bring it up, it does occur to me how awesome a properly-budgeted live-action movie of it could be if it were made now. Make it a hard-R and keep it close to the source material...
I shiver at the thought of such manly badassery.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 pm

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TICKLE HIM TO DEATH?!
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TICKLE HIM TO DEATH?!

I'll tickle your gooch any day. 8)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:

You always talk how you're going to do this stuff but never show yourself doing it. WE NEED PICTURES AND VIDEOS DAMNIT!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:10 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHJ955wYSE0[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHJ955wYSE0[/youtube]

Easily one of the worst movie I have ever seen.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Bluecast wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:

You always talk how you're going to do this stuff but never show yourself doing it. WE NEED PICTURES AND VIDEOS DAMNIT!

Just keep quiet while I try and seduce segata, will you?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Playable Juza makes it worth buying.

Also I disagree that it looks the same, the areas look more open and theres way more enemies on screen. I'd also imagine the general level design is better since they have a better idea of how it'll work.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:07 am

Yeah, there are some definite improvements in those screens.
Not familiar with Juza myself (yet), but I'll take your word for it that his inclusion is a good thing. Cool design at least.
And while I'm at it, might I just mention how much I love Ken's design for these Musou games. So much cooler than his plainclothes design from the anime (which I'm watching right now).

EDIT: Actually, only a few episodes in, and I've already got kind of a soft spot for the original outfit in the show.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:31 am

Guess it would have been difficult for them to simply post some unbiased gaming news without their snarky bullshit, but oh well. It sheds some more light on Ken's Rage 2 either way.
http://kotaku.com/5929180/hopefully-dou ... redecessor
Apparently it's going to cover not just the events following the defeat of Raoh, but rather recount the series from beginning to end, past Raoh, all the way to the end of the '87 series.
Sounds awesome to me. The first game already had a lot of alterations to the general story, so it'll be fun to see another take on it all, along with hopefully some coverage of the in-between epiodes as well. I'm just starting to really get somewhere in the anime (just finished episode 22, the last one with Shin, which was over and done with in level 2 of the first Ken's Rage :lol: ), and there's already lots of stuff I'd like to see them adapt into the game. The fight against God's Army, the battle with Devil Reverse... hell, even a boss fight with Joker would be great (even though it was over pretty quickly in the series).
So yeah, my anticipation level for this has already shot up quite a bit now. Loving the anime, and I can't wait to finally dive back into the game and finish it. I think I'm officially a bit of a Hokuto fanatic.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:37 am

The dreaded TRIPLE POST!
[-X

Anyway, guess I just hadn't looked into the news about the game close enough... seems like I got at least two out of three right. Seems like God's Army will definitely be in the game (the top right portion of the pic), as will Devil Reverse, or Devil Rebirth, or whatever the proper translation is (lower right).

Awesome that they're covering a bit more of the earlier material from the comic and anime. Just seemed so strange that almost all of that stuff was completely skipped over by the second level in Ken's Rage.
Thing I'm curious about now, is whether any of this means that the gameplay will be slightly more varied. I don't hold it against Ken's Rage that it was totally repetitive (it's a beat-em-up, that's just how things are), but I wonder how an enemy like Devil Reverse could be handled using the exact same mechanics and gameplay from the first game. The guy has gotta be two stories high, at least. The usual flat-ground, Dynasty Warriors-style gameplay structure isnt really built for giant enemies...
Of course, they could just make him a little smaller to accomodate the established playstyle. I won't be disappointed either way, I'm just really curious to hear more about the game since I have a bit more knowledge of its source material now.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:11 am

Hey Jerkface I liked the Demo and you're tempting me to buy this game then go on a beat em phase. Then force me to get GOD HAND and others similar. DAMNIT! ASS! I WANT TO BE IN DARKSIDERS/MAJIN MOOD! I PUNCH YOUR FACE! TURKEY IN A GARBAGE CAN GOD DAMNIT!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 am

I don't think the video I'm starting work on is going to help your mood... ;-)
Either way, even though I went into the game blind initially, I'd definitely recommend becoming familiar with the anime or the comic before playing the game. It'd probably be enjoyable either way (it was for me), but I'm getting so much more out of it now, seeing all the little references and bits of fanservice put into the game. It was definitely made for fans, first and foremost.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 pm

OL wrote:I don't think the video I'm starting work on is going to help your mood... ;-)
Either way, even though I went into the game blind initially, I'd definitely recommend becoming familiar with the anime or the comic before playing the game. It'd probably be enjoyable either way (it was for me), but I'm getting so much more out of it now, seeing all the little references and bits of fanservice put into the game. It was definitely made for fans, first and foremost.

You should tru Dynasty warriors gundam 2 or 3, granted ken dosen't have booters they just need to make him jump higher and I'd imagine it'd be about the same as fighting Psycho gundam.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming