Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Let's Get Sweaty is currently working on a TeamYu website, which will be a central place to hold all the campaign info. Apparently quite a few people have requested a Shenmue "story so far" page. LGS nor I have a particularly good memory for the details of the story, so I'd like to ask if there's anyone here who can write decent enough and would enjoy carrying out such a task? You will of course be fully credited on the site. Thanks.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 pm

I would but apparently no one understand what I'm saying :lol: if you liked the avatar I made yokosuka martian I could provide some artwork though

south carmain has received a thanks from: mue 26
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for the offer. But I have no idea if artwork if needed or not right now, but if you get in contact with Let's Get Sweaty you might find he could well use your help.

So, anyone else up for the "story so far" task? If so just PM me or something.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 am

Loving this.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks Axm, I hope to see you on the third then!

With the next tweetathon only a week away now, TeamYu extraordinaire LetsGetSweaty has taken the time to remind us all just why it is that this campaign is so significant. Please read this, it says everything I've tried to say in this thread, only much better: http://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/137535459722874

I hope to see you all clogging up twitter on Monday the 3'rd :) and as ever, please help promote the campaign in any way you can, we can't do it alone.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 am

I have a twitter but have never used it. This might just make me though.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm

The next tweetathon is on Monday (tomorrow!) guys. As always, TeamYu/ Shenmue 500k- and I'm sure Yu Suzuki- would be honored if you guys could take part. Here's the new campaign vid, watch it closely as there's a (not so) hidden message in it. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdGdXj--7E[/youtube]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Good luck this week!

mue 26 wrote: watch it closely as there's a (not so) hidden message in it. :D

Didn't see it!! :D
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi guys. Just to remind everyone that this month's tweetathon is currently underway. If you've yet to get involved, please do so now and send a tweet :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Done!!! :nice!:

Peter has received a thanks from: mue 26
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mue 26 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Sorry Peter, I think you've spelt the hashtag the wrong way, as we're using the American spelling of licence, so it's #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I did my part and send my tweet to SEGA
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Telling a cashier what do to in corporate structure does nothing. Tweeting so SEGA marketing department full of interns who never heard of shenmue isn't going to do anything. You need t focus on sneding emails and tweets to a specific person
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:33 am

Hi Bluecast.

While many people prefer to include '@sega' in their tweets, it's really not important whether the community teams sees them because you're right, they don't care.

The purpose of trying to get the hashtag trending each month is to go above their heads, to circumvent the barrier created by their ignorance and indifference.

If the wider world is witness to how disgruntled the consumer is with Sega, those higher in the company will be forced to take notice. It's like standing in the street with a megaphone when the doorman won't let you in.

This is a public protest designed to threaten Sega's public image until they stop ignoring a desperate fanbase. Emails have been swept under the rug for too long - letters, capsule toys, disregarded - but they can't put their fingers in their ears when shareholders and other customers are all privy to the dissatisfaction they are causing.

The Tweetathon holds Sega to account in front of the lucrative mainstream, and also gets the casual fans involved with minimum effort on their part. Worrying about which Japanese '@' name to mention in their tweets other than the globally recognized and assumed '@sega' would remove the accessibility factor that has encouraged so many to participate. As long as the hashtag is out there, that's enough for now. If we get it trending each month, or even if we don't (it's already getting media coverage), the right people will know soon enough.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ys » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Poor Yu. Just seeing him in that picture makes me wonder if he will ever be able to continue the series. I thought about this a few days ago. The fact that it must suck for him to not be allowed to work more on a sequel. It would be great if Sega could communicate a bit more. And also realize that creating an epic series of maybe five games probably doesn't return the investment after just one game.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III