Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am

Currently listening to it right now. GReat motivator for my homework.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 pm

I agree. I keep forgetting the series has an incredible soundtrack.

If its 24 hours, definitely will listen while i'm doing another round of rewrites.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 am

GBR gamebytesradio will be running another Shenmue playlist tomorrow during the December 3rd Tweetathon. It was a great listen last month.

Now that everyone's seen what can be achieved when fan groups all work together for a common goal (with Ryo Hazuki being voted #1 in the All-Stars Racing contest), I really hope we can take that collaborative spirit forward with the monthly Tweetathon, which has so far received no official support from the Shenmue Dojo. Several forum members participate regularly, but what I'd really like to see in addition is the Dojo's Twitter account joining in.

If Yama, Ziming, or anyone else responsible for the running of this site has questions or reservations about the campaign, then please discuss them with me, or with anyone else who sees the value in a routinely proactive event that keeps people talking about Shenmue on a public platform.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdGdXj--7E[/youtube]
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:52 am

Don't forget everyone to tweet today :)
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Stocke » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 am

Are we meant to spam tweets? Or does that send a bad message? I've just been sending one every month.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am

Just one tweet is perfectly fine. Some people send a few over the course of the day and that's good too, but if it reaches the point of spamming then, as you say, it can have a detrimental effect on other people taking it seriously. So just use your own judgment and do what you're comfortable with.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:22 pm

joined twitter just for this cause. next, we need to make a wrist band to support shenmue 3 lol i dunno. but i think we need to find other ways to support our message
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

I hope everyone has tweeted this month! South Carmain, I'm looking at you...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 am

The Tweetathon went extremely well yesterday, so props to the forum members who made the simple effort. Here's a little more info about it.

As for Dojo management, what more can I say? I thought progress was being made with posts like this and the thanks received on this, but the silence of the website's official channels is now beyond conspicuous.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Yeah, it is sad that nobody from the higher ups is willing to acknowledge the fans.
RyoHazuki84

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby KiBa » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:15 pm

I think we should go to Anonymous, like that village that hired seven magnificent samurai.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: The Tweetathon went extremely well yesterday, so props to the forum members who made the simple effort. Here's a little more info about it.

As for Dojo management, what more can I say? I thought progress was being made with posts like this and the thanks received on this, but the silence of the website's official channels is now beyond conspicuous.

Not even one tweet from the official dojo twitter? Can I ask whoever runs it why they haven't bothered to support this campaign one little bit? We remind you every month! The amount of apathy is really disappointing. We've had support from Sumo, GamesTM , and 1up since we've begun, but it seems the Dojo still thinks it's too good to support the only strong and persistent Shenmue campaign currently going. :???:
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Many of us never use twitter. Some just don't care. Some think it's pointless.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Whoever runs the dojo's twitter account (Ziming I'm guessing, since it mainly just links to vids on his youtube account) obviously does use twitter. In fact he did tweet on the 3rd....but nothing to do with the campaign, it was just a link to some video of the yellow head building...

I get that he thinks it pointless. But we're not exactly asking for much. I just find it bizarre that legitimate gaming publications and people working within the industry have been willing to lend support, but for some reason the dojo seems to want to distance itself. Unity my arse.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Nice attitude Ryudo.

The point however isn't about individual forum members, amongst whom there will always be a certain amount of apathy and pessimism. The point is about the Dojo itself upholding its position as a beacon for Shenmue fandom.

Don't get me wrong, the campaign doesn't rely on the Dojo's help. It would have meant a lot more when Team Yu was just getting started, and I emailed Yama to no response. So nothing's changed there, apart from the attention we've since garnered on our own. But it would still be nice if this site (as in, its official outlets, again not its members) would demonstrate some of that unity that was talked about during the All-Stars poll, for which I again had to kick and stamp my feet to get anything more than a solitary post out of each of the Dojo's official channels, while the rest of the Shenmue fanbase were plugging away day and night to earn and secure Ryo's place on top.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III