Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby Ziming » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 am

The Shenmuefans facebook post churned out some impressive numbers. It reached over 40,000 people on Facebook, with 900+ likes, making it the most liked Shenmue related post I've seen to date.

I agree that the front page of the Dojo needs some sort of graphic/link that encourages visitors to participate in this monthly twitter campaign.

Ziming has received 5 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26, Nankeiro, ShenmueTree
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Giorgio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:54 am

So, after reading the previous post by Ziming, I see Let's Get Sweaty's theory is proven right. Shenmue fans want engagement/interactiveness. Shenmue is engaging and about interactiveness. And while they do not find these qualities in a new Shenmue game (that is Shenmue III), they are going to find it in ways like these campaigns. Shenmue fans want to express their hope, excitement and love for Shenmue, through significant action (that also binds them together / unite them and, thus, interacting with each other).

Giorgio has received 3 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26, Nankeiro
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:08 pm

It's great to see the tweetathon really pick up some traction like this. We had some slow months during this campaign's first year, so it pleases me to see the effort and persistence of all the people connected to this campaign start paying off.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:30 pm

It just takes some time. More n more will join.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Ziming wrote:I agree that the front page of the Dojo needs some sort of graphic/link that encourages visitors to participate in this monthly twitter campaign.

So how do we get this happening? I assume it's Yama who needs to approve and add it to the page, right?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Here's the new Thunderclap sign-up page if you want to get in early for the next Tweetathon:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/179 ... on-may-3rd

Remember you can edit the default message to something of your own choosing - just keep the hashtag in there somewhere (#GiveYuTheShenmueLicense).

Share this link around if you want to help the numbers continue to grow.

I haven't finished totting up the stats for April 3rd yet, but I can already say that there were many more participants this time than ever before.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Nankeiro
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but I've finally finished sifting through everything that was tweeted last Wednesday, and as anticipated, it was huge: http://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=615232278488815

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Nice write up sweaty. Sounds like it went really well :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 pm

A new post that might interest anyone who's still unclear on the purpose of the campaign: clicky

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Giorgio, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Bloody well said Sweaty, bravo. No one is better at crystallizing the aims of this campaign than the big man himself.

It does baffle me sometimes how some fans really struggle to "get" what this multi faceted and pragmatic campaign is all about. Some seem to almost wilfully miss key points just because they don't like the sound of the hashtag, and others so insanely quixotic that they seem to believe if we just hold tight and do nothing for few more years Sega will come good, either that or they are just a rabid breed of fanboy who out of spite would rather have no Shenmue than a Shenmue without SEGA printed on the box. Though we know we're doing something right, because despite all this, we've generated more discussion and hope for sequel with this campiagn than we've had in long time.

Though:
One last point we'd like to raise is that this campaign has now been supported by every noted corner of the Shenmue community. Those at the helms of Shenmue Dojo, Shenmue Master, Shenmue Fans, and of course Shenmue 500K and Team Yu

Poor ol Patman was the first to put his much coveted stamp of approval on the campaign :sad: and SUcK is still more notorious than all those damn websites put together! Man know bout SUcK.

One more thing, are we going to be able to get something put on the front page like everybody agreed was a good idea? Something the Patman did actually do back at Shenmue UK. It can't be that hard?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 am

I knew you were gonna chew me out over that, mue, lol. I fully intended to include Shenmue UK in that list but when it came to actually typing the words I somehow forgot. When I realized this morning what I'd done, I knew what awaited me, and you're absolutely right.

As far as the Dojo front page goes, I believe Yama's on the case.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I was thinking to open a thread at the Sega forums about the Tweetathon, but someone (namely "spud18") already did. After this, I decided to register there just to show my support about it.

Almost 3 days left for Shenmue's Tweetathon blaster!

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm

I have no idea how but anyway for the people who pre ordered the statue can be a sign of showing support for the campaign. I know we tweet every month. But some way like while this was done before but not in this fashion. We all for example buy the Ryo Jacket on XBL with a picture show Sega. Somehow show we got the stature. Show our collections. Just multiple ways we show Sega we can put our money where our mouth is. For example look how Operation Rainfall handled things. Before Xenoblade they found ways to show Nintendo they will put the money up. We need to really get serious as anyone can put a tweet out
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Is there anything distinctive about the confirmation email you receive which could be screengrabbed? Obviously not including any personal information. I don't know what the email looks like, but if it has a banner graphic and a unique order number clearly visible beneath, that would be enough.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Just plain text :???:

Best I can do.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III