Less Forums

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Less Forums

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Don't want to seem like I'm demanding shit with these topics but Yama is hanging around right now so it's a perfect time to get answers.

Mitts and Ryan said in another topic how we don't really need so many forums which I agree with. We could just have 3 Shenmue forums. All released Games, Future/cancelled games and modding. All gaming shit can go in one forum because other then the odd Uncharted or Gears of War everything is multiplatform these days. Also can we maybe have more then one topic about RPG's?

:D
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Less Forums

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 pm

I've wanted to do something like this for a while now. Many times I feel certain games or topics fit in way too many forums in regards to games.

Ridding of the Shenmue Cast forum was a start, expect big changes tomorrow. It's as if you read my mind Riku.

Btw I'm not here ATM, I'm here for good unless I announce otherwise. I had my own demons keeping me away from this place at times, they're long gone. It's not just a site I run now, it's my other baby next to the Haze.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:56 am

Awesome glad to hear it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 am

I would say to go easy on the Shenmue forums though, since thats the basis of this site. The cast section was right to be moved. The only other change i would make is to completely merge the Shenmue City/ side projects forum with the modding forum, and rename it "Shenmue Projects & Modding". Not only would "Projects" relate to Shenmue Online and Shenmue City, but also our own Shenmue Projects, like the Youtube Channel, the Team Yu project. Theoretically, the Shenmue Cast thing was something i seen as a project. Plus the modding aspect of the forum always seems to be thriving. That way you have 4 equally (to an extent) active Shemmue forums.

I know there are other parts of the board which are busier most of the time, but Shenmue should still remain forefront to the site. Its why it will always exist, no matter how stagnant the series becomes. Cutting back down to 2 or 3 Shemmue forums would be a negative move i feel.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Neo Matrix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 am

I'd agree with that sentiment. Unless we're going to be able to have a way to instantly tell which game (I, II or III) a thread is about without going all the way into them, keep them separate. Shenmue Extra/General or some other name for other Shenmue for the final forum to bring together everything else Shenmue related.
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:20 am

yeah less forums and more detailed threads is the way to go, it was kind of annoying having a whole publishers library crammed in to one thread
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yama » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 am

Shenmue forums will never be merged, worry not. I too agree, that is the reason this site exists. Never even crossed my mind really. Talking more in terms of the rest of the site.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 am

So no more stupidly huge topics like "Any talk of a Sonic game MUST be in this thread or it'll just get merged"? It's aboot fuckin time tbh.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yama » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am

One more thing, before I reshuffle the forums a bit.

Junk... I'm noticing so many threads that get passed up on because they are in Junk. A lot of just, well, normal threads are in there that could be in General. I want to get rid of it and push to have people post in General. It'd also help keep everyone in the same place, thus keeping the place more active. I know it's a big change, but sometimes you just have to close your eyes and push the button.

Not doing it yet, but let me hear a few replies. I think it makes sense.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:56 am

I don't mind really, I never post in junk and well the content there is supposed to be stuff that doesn't contribute anything good to the website anyway, the most updated topic in it was "people you would eff" and I'm sure they'll have one of those at gen2gen so no loss, just means posting naked pictures somewhere else

oh and that would also mean I don't risk being arrested and deported for accessing a website with adult content when I'm in the middle east so that another yes from me
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yama » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:00 pm

The front page dates all the way back to March, so it's not as if it's pertinent to the Dojo.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Never understood the Junk forum. I also don't understand why only Dojo members emulate it in their own forums either. I don't even have Junk access active so makes no difference to me..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 pm

also that means complaints can't be banished to junk so no one can see them which is another plus as well
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of the "junk" forum either. It's just either normal threads that could go quite happily in General, or completely pointless threads that just waste bandwidth. I think the only thing there people might miss is the "people you would eff" topic, as Carmain pointed out. And I don't think that's a particularly big loss.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Junk was for NSFW topics, and general homosexual dildo orgy talk. If either of those two will continue to appear on bere, then i thought junk was needed for our terms of service with the host. Sorry i cannot give more of an inpit right now, this day is killing me with 2 jobs. Plus also found out that BMI have fucked up our Australia and we currently have no flights! Stressed to the max, but will be on later hopefully
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Next

Return to Shenmue Dojo