What does the Dojo drive?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What does the Dojo drive?

Postby Axm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:34 am

Snake Tortoise wrote:Image

I couldn't have a car if I wanted one. There's nowhere to park it round here, I don't think this street was designed with cars in mind

Honestly im probably gonna get one of those one day in Japan cause of space constraints too. Seems so easy to park do what you need to do, run back, hop on and move on with your life.
Granted it would suck being hit by car riding that so im not completely sold yet.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Snake Tortoise » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:33 am

Axm wrote:Honestly im probably gonna get one of those one day in Japan cause of space constraints too. Seems so easy to park do what you need to do, run back, hop on and move on with your life.
Granted it would suck being hit by car riding that so im not completely sold yet.

You've touched on the best and worst aspects of having 2 wheels there. I don't know what driving is like in Japan (I've only visited) but here it's dangerous. Not as bad as China, but worse than Europe, for sure. Parking anywhere is great though. You never have to worry about where to leave a scooter
Snake Tortoise
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:01 am

NeoShredder wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Vauxhall Corsa 2011 3 door.

Does your indicator toggle from left to right really sensitively? Like there's no middle position for 'off' or something, you have to give it a light press?

Sorry it seems like the silliest thing, it's just that a Corsa was my driving instructor's car and that really peeved me off when I was learning. Espically when coming off a roundabout when i was still all over the place with everything else and my signalling looked like a seizure :lol:

I remember that. Partial signal, my instructor called it.

I'm like Peter, license but no car. To be honest, I wasn't interested in owning a car after I passed.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Snake Tortoise wrote:
Axm wrote:Honestly im probably gonna get one of those one day in Japan cause of space constraints too. Seems so easy to park do what you need to do, run back, hop on and move on with your life.

You've touched on the best and worst aspects of having 2 wheels there. I don't know what driving is like in Japan (I've only visited) but here it's dangerous. Not as bad as China, but worse than Europe, for sure. Parking anywhere is great though. You never have to worry about where to leave a scooter

How's it like living in South Korea?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Snake Tortoise » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:13 pm

shenmuekidsx wrote:
Snake Tortoise wrote:

That's quite a general question :mrgreen:

People are more familiar with Japan, so I can say South Korea is geographically and culturally the closest country to Japan. This place was a Japanese colony for about 40 years so they don't like the Japanese much (think Ireland and England) but because of that their culture rubbed off and now SK is like a hybrid between China and Japan. Their own culture isn't so distinct but they're significantly more conservative, which is a pain as a foreigner.

As far as living here... taxes are low, it's cheap for a developed country, it's quite polluted but has nice scenery for it's polulation density, everywhere is safe to walk around at night, law enforcement is lax (for better or worse), people can be anywhere from hostile to very friendly, summers are too hot and humid, winters are very cold but dry, the people will never accept a foreigner as one of their own no matter what lengths they go to integrate... like everywhere, it's a mixed bag. I live in a beatiful but small city on the south coast. Somebody living in Seoul or Busan would have a different experience. Like anywhere, I think having a job you like is the most important thing. Work a job you hate and you could be living in the best place on earth but not enjoy it. Enjoy your work and you could be happy more or less anywhere

Snake Tortoise has received a thanks from: wude
Snake Tortoise
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Axm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Snake Tortoise wrote:
shenmuekidsx wrote:
Snake Tortoise wrote:

That's quite a general question :mrgreen:

People are more familiar with Japan, so I can say South Korea is geographically and culturally the closest country to Japan. This place was a Japanese colony for about 40 years so they don't like the Japanese much (think Ireland and England) but because of that their culture rubbed off and now SK is like a hybrid between China and Japan. Their own culture isn't so distinct but they're significantly more conservative, which is a pain as a foreigner.

As far as living here... taxes are low, it's cheap for a developed country, it's quite polluted but has nice scenery for it's polulation density, everywhere is safe to walk around at night, law enforcement is lax (for better or worse), people can be anywhere from hostile to very friendly, summers are too hot and humid, winters are very cold but dry, the people will never accept a foreigner as one of their own no matter what lengths they go to integrate... like everywhere, it's a mixed bag. I live in a beatiful but small city on the south coast. Somebody living in Seoul or Busan would have a different experience. Like anywhere, I think having a job you like is the most important thing. Work a job you hate and you could be living in the best place on earth but not enjoy it. Enjoy your work and you could be happy more or less anywhere

Hey snake, cool to know someone here is in So. Korea. I actually used to live kyushu, japan for several years and once took a one day boat trip to Busan. Did some shopping and went back same day. It was cool. I'll probably go to Seoul one day too. But its interesting to read your thoughts cause basically thats how I experienced things in Japan too. How long do you plan on staying and what brings you there?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bambi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm only just now considering learning how to drive so that I can get to work, all of my previous jobs were in the city where it was far more practical to use the train. :sad:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Same here, got the train during the winter and used my bike during the summer but so much more opens up to you once you can drive.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bambi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Same here, got the train during the winter and used my bike during the summer but so much more opens up to you once you can drive.

Between lessons, tests, cars, taxes and insurance it seems the only thing I'll be opening is my wallet. :lol:

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire, Who Really Cares?
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Do they do what the govt in the states does? Here they make you buy a new license plate every few years even if there is nothing wrong with the old one. I don't know how much it is but its just one big money making scheme that has no real purpose. Same with tabs pretty much.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Spokane wrote:Do they do what the govt in the states does? Here they make you buy a new license plate every few years even if there is nothing wrong with the old one. I don't know how much it is but its just one big money making scheme that has no real purpose. Same with tabs pretty much.

no in most European countries (probably all I say most because I don't know about some) you are not required to change your license plate at all unless if it becomes damaged to the point of being unreadable
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:47 am

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Straight 6 4.0L

POS breaks down too fast.

I used to have a 199X Chevy Camaro, nice car if it wasn't beat up when I bought it.

I put a MK Dragon on it too.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Previous

Return to Off Topic