I am bored

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: I am bored

Postby Sailors? » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:31 pm

What a shit head. He better come back and explain himself, he should put himself on that damn list.

Sailors? has received a thanks from: Spokane
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Brothaman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Sir JC Denton wrote:And then I remembered that you guys were worth a chuckle or too. It's been a while. How the fuck are ya?

Long time no see, good to see you man! :D
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:52 pm

JC! Whats up! Good to see you.. One of us. One of us. One of us..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Where the hell is Shenmue 3.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby QWERTY » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 am

Sup blad.

How's Dentonshire?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Sir JC Denton » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 am

Awww! Look how big you all got! Except you QWERTY, you're still little as all fuck. I'd post my list, but I'm out on the road and doing this from a flip phone. And if that doesn't get me hug mittens, can I at least get a handjob? I'm back fuckheads. Get ready for the eventual ass rape.

Sir JC Denton has received a thanks from: Sailors?
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sailors? » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 am

This is why we need the junk forum.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sir JC Denton » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 am

Exactly! This is the biggest tragedy in the history of the dojo. Where am I supposed to put my pictures of scantily clad women for all fellow dojoers to fap to? Or where, might I ask you, are we to post topics on matters ranging from fights with kitchen appliances, to the rape of cats? And where, oh God where, are we to get advice on what to feed our oompa loompa sex slaves? And so my fellow dojoers, ask not what you can do for your web forum, but ask what you can do to mess up that forum! Good night and may Louis forever fry in hell!
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sailors? » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 am

Sir Denton 4 Admin.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 am

Sailors? wrote:This is why we need the junk forum.

No fucker ever uses it? What is the point in it being there if things are now a little bit more relaxed? Some of the topics in there are utter dogshit, I'd understand if there was any substance in there but the threads in there are usually mindless spam. I should know, I used to spend the majority of my time in there. General discussion doesn't always have to be serious, it can be light-hearted and offensive too.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Sailors? » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 am

I know nobody uses it but I'm not sure this leniency will last for so long. If it's going to be a lot more relaxed and shit then yeah get rid of it but if shit starts getting deleted just because someone swore or said something that might SEEM offensive then it should stay. Anyway, I'll shit the fuck up now.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 am

Cheeeeeellllll Winstan. :lol:

You guys know we have no probs with swearing. Its just a bit different now because we all know to use it in context for emphasis..... Or whatever reason. We dont have anyone who will be in the middle of a debate and just reply with incoherent swearing like "fuck you you fucking faggot im gonna stick my dick in your ass until you spit bile yaaayaayaayaa". Least i hope we dont! Adults swear in an acceptable way, kids dont. Least thats my own opinion anywhoo.

Also it wasnt an easy decision. Not one that was made overnight. In fact QWERTY i am about halfway through sorting out all of the most recent topics and its pretty 50/50 in terms of what was left to be deleted and what could be moved. Its actually saddening in a way to see so many topics in there that had no business being in there in the first place! Check for yourselves, one i even know off the top of my head was one you made about what types of women we all like. In fact, Brothaman had a similar one, so the two were merged and moved to GD. Go back and look, its a good topic. Same goes for a lot of games topics that were moved there simply because of a disagreement between the staff member and the poster. Honestly a lot of stuff shouldnt have been in there. Period.

One other thing to mention is that whilst i am thoroughly going through the most recent 5 pages worth of topics, i am also going over the entire forum and making sure to preserve any arguments, or really old topics that even though may be spam, have a considerable amount of posts. Like the really old TPAM topic. Now that was always post padding spam, but its really old and an essential part of Dojo history. So its been locked, but moved to GD simply to preserve it. Any locked topics atc will also be looked at and considered. The Dojo history will not be destroyed :)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby QWERTY » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Sailors? wrote:I know nobody uses it but I'm not sure this leniency will last for so long. If it's going to be a lot more relaxed and shit then yeah get rid of it but if shit starts getting deleted just because someone swore or said something that might SEEM offensive then it should stay. Anyway, I'll shit the fuck up now.

After the whole hoo-ha of the last month or so I can't see things being deleted anymore apart from if it's someone posting something like Goatse.cx or Lemonparty or some shit. Obviously topics may be locked or whatever but there shouldn't be any deleted if they stay true to their word. I think the moderating team we have now are a bit more fair and lenient than he-who-shall-not-be-named.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Exactly, i forgot to say that. Apart from bots, or blatent alter accounts, i have never deleted a post without talking to the user first. Its just not the right way to go about it. Like i said, we are all on the same page now, but with all the shit thats went down over the past year, or two years for that matter, its understandable if there is an element of skepticism or untrustworthiness from a few people. Thats ok, and it means its just up to us to win that trust back with our actions.

Peter has received a thanks from: Sailors?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sailors? » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Nah it's all cool. <3
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"