Ryo model for GTA IV

(Modding and other series related projects)

Ryo model for GTA IV

Postby Anthony817 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:54 am

EDIT! Looks like somebody just ported it!

phpBB [video]

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=cat&id=345

To install the mod you will nee to get OpenIV and this trainer to make the player Ryo Hazuki.
http://download.gta-expert.it/index.php ... ad&id=1994

Install OpenIV and then browse to PC/models/cdimages/Componentpeds. Once you have that opened, you need to go to the files that say M_Y_Prison and right click them all and extract to new folder. Name it GTA IV backups and place it on desktop for easy access.

Next go to file/edit mode in the program. Once in edit mode you can copy all 3 files from the rar to the directory.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you rebuild archive after you install the mod to make your game work perfectly!

Here is the trainer, it goes into main directory of game.
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5646

Once in game you need press F3 to go to Models and press the back button a few times till you see M_Y_Prison. That is what you want to spawn as to be Ryo. Press numbpad 2.4.5.6.7. 5 = enter.

I recently got back into playing GTA IV on PC, now that I have a system that can run it maxed out. I remember the Ryo mod fro GTA SA that was ported a while back, and loved how it was the ideal game to have a Ryo ported from the Dreamcast version since the game graphically is pretty close, so it fit right in.

I was just wondering if anybody ever thought of ripping the new model from the racing game and porting it over to GTA IV? Perhaps even throw in some of the audio lines that were used in some of the games as well?

Ideally the bike would also be nice to have in GTA IV but I would take what I could get if anybody was willing to port the models over.

I would do it but after seeing the one wude ported over to San Andreas, I could only hope he would be kind enough to do the same with GTA IV.

Does anybody else think this would be a good idea for a mod or what? :king:
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sun May 12, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Postby wude » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:06 am

Of course it's a good idea, ryo must be ported to every possible game :)

Now you need a rip, also i didn't play the game so i don't know if ryo is always on his bike or he has multiple poses :-k

wude has received 2 thanks from: Anthony817, MiTT3NZ
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Anthony817 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:15 am

Hey wude thanks for replying! :D

I am not sure but I seen him get off the bike at one time. I know it was just for a moment, and to jump to the forklift, but then again, I only played the game a little bit, I never bought it, I just played it on another system.

Does anybody that played the game before know if Ryo has poses off the motorcycle?
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 am

It's the same model as Shenmue Passport if that helps?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Anthony817 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:47 am

I don't see it lol. I mean this looks even more high poly, and even the face on the passport disc just looks a little different to this one and all. Plus look at the belt buckle and the sleeves around the wrist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-o6Mhpd2Io[/youtube]

I do agree that the passport models look absolutely amazing though, looks like it could have been pulled off on a 360.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 am

am I the only one who thinks they fucked up ryo's face in all star racing? also he seems to have lost a lot of muscle, I guess all time time waiting in a cave made him lose some weight

south carmain has received 4 thanks from: Anthony817, DreamcastPast, MiTT3NZ, Yama
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ys » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:08 pm

The first thing that I noticed was the hair and the sideburns which seem to be a bit different. But maybe it's for design reasons to make it stand out more on that motor cycle? All in all I think it's ok but I would like some adjustments if they ever release Shenmue III ;)
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Noooooooo! Ive been downloading all stars racing for weeks for this exact purpose!!!!
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Anthony817 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Well, are you gonna take a crack at porting the model over to GTA IV?

I have no skills to do it, which is why I thought others might like the idea that had more experiance with that sort of thing.

Anthony817 has received a thanks from: mrslig100
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Well it would definately make for a fantastic fit if achiveable, wish I could help.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Well IF any of 2 seeders seeds past 3kb AND I finish the download and open the iso, then Ill take a look at formats, knowing sega they've probably entangled and twisted and encoded the files to god knows what so I doubt it'll be as easy as opening the file in 3ds max. At the same time though, I dont want to be improvising with 3d ripper dx or anything like that, I want to physically get ahold of the files and do whatever with them. Unless its like munches odyssey or fallout 3 in which case the files are just in standard gamebryo format maybe put into a bsa archive but with whatever engine sega use. Hopefully the download should pick up soon and ill be with you all soon.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anthony817 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

mrslig100 wrote:Unless its like munches odyssey or fallout 3 in which case the files are just in standard gamebryo format maybe put into a bsa archive but with whatever engine sega use. Hopefully the download should pick up soon and ill be with you all soon.

Godspeed to you bro! If you have that kinda knowledge, more power to you! I only know how to build Gaming PC's, I am strictly a plug and play guy, and search for the drivers for my hardware. That in and of itself is still pretty technical, but I would also like to have your knowledge,

If I can, I will get you a better torrent, granted I can find it. I am pretty good with that stuff, so I should be able to find it.

Anthony817 has received a thanks from: mrslig100
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby KiBa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 am

wude wrote:Of course it's a good idea, ryo must be ported to every possible game :)

Now you need a rip, also i didn't play the game so i don't know if ryo is always on his bike or he has multiple poses :-k

I can tell you that Ryo does have multiple poses in Sega All-Star Racing. On jumps he dismounts and pops off the bike, stands, and spins around, and his special attack has him hop off the bike into a forklift, and that has steering wheel animations, etc. At the end of a winning race, I believe he dismounts and stands, raises his fist in the air and says something profound.

KiBa has received a thanks from: wude
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby wude » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:04 am

^Nice, that would help a lot :)
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby mrslig100 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

If lets say their we can access the files and their not all encoded by the engine or what not, for more realistic real time im sure that ryo and his vehicles well be separate models so in theorie it shouldn't be to hard to get a decent riggable model of him which im sure will look much more well textured shadered higher polyed ect ect, well thats what im hoping anyway.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Community Projects