Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:15 pm

That KKK pic is fake but still would be an interesting situation.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: That KKK pic is fake but still would be an interesting situation.

Yeah, you got me. In reality, it was like this:

Dorian has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby mue 26 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm

KiBa wrote: So, who's responsible for this: http://shenmuestare.blogspot.com/

I don't believe he's an active member here, but ShenmueStare is a good chap and has contributed heavily towards the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense campaign. The more outlandish campaign videos were made by him.

Whilst I agree that not allowing gay marriage is stupid, I see logic behind it in that it will allow them the same rights to adopt as straight married couples. I honestly don't think it's fair on the kid, even if they turned out to be great parents. On the flip side though, I'm a human and am 'raising' a cat.

My views are somewhat the opposite. In regards to gay marriage, well it's not that I have a problem with it, but I just really can't work out why exactly gay people want to be married in say a traditional catholic manner for example. Those certain orthodox religious sects clearly have rejected gay people, so why would a gay person desire to take part in one their rituals? Gay people are already more or less entitled to all the same benefits as married couples, through having a civil partnership (at least over here). So, it's just that very traditional religious ritual that's missing, and as as I said, I can't quite understand why gay people would want to be a part of a ritual that's so intrinsic to a group of people who mostly outright reject them. I mean, if the church clearly doesn't want you to take part in one of it's old rituals, why bother wasting time complaining about it and trying to force them to let you? Does it not make more sense to have your own ritual and celebration that has nothing to do with that old fashioned section? As I said, I don't have a problem with it, but if the benefits are already equal why give a shit about a ritual?

I do support gay adoption though. The usual argument of "the kids will get bullied" is just such a weak one, in my opinion. Kids can get bullied for every and any reason you can possibly think of! They can get bullied due to having parents who are Jehovah's Witness, they can get bullied for having parents who are poor, parents who are Muslim. parents who are unemployed. Kids can bullied for ANYTHING! And gay couples are much more accepted these days anyway. I really wouldn't put any money on a random child from a random heterosexual parent family being any happier than a random child coming from a homosexual family. There are a LOT of kids that are in need a stable family home, and there aren't enough heterosexual couples willing to take them in. Do you really think growing being bounced around different temporary children's homes and foster families is in some way better than being raised under a stable pair of loving gay parents? It's not.

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: Peter, Sonikku
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:44 pm

^I myself don't see the point of marriage so I can't answer it. All I can say is that surely everyone should be allowed to do what others can no matter sexuality, colour or sex (Apart from men having babies).

As for gay people being accepted no they aren't. Granted more people tolerate gay people now then when they got beaten up outside pubs for no reason other then the fact they was gay (Although I'm sure this still happens). Still plenty of people call them poofs and bum bandits just they don't do it to people's faces. I was somewhat seeing a girl about a year or two ago and her best friend was a really camp guy. Pretty much every time he met people for the first time they would be laughing when he looked away. If you could read peoples minds I bet that 9 out of 10 men dislike people just because they are gay. Sadly it's just something that will have to die over time as gay people find a place in society.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Marriage gets you more benefits here, like tax breaks and hospital visitation rights, than a civil union does. They tied all that shit into law so that's why the marriage thing is a big deal.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvVnrV1tow[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:06 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJ_sDRRVVI[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:11 pm

As for gay people being accepted no they aren't. Granted more people tolerate gay people now then when they got beaten up outside pubs for no reason other then the fact they was gay (Although I'm sure this still happens). Still plenty of people call them poofs and bum bandits just they don't do it to people's faces. I was somewhat seeing a girl about a year or two ago and her best friend was a really camp guy. Pretty much every time he met people for the first time they would be laughing when he looked away. If you could read peoples minds I bet that 9 out of 10 men dislike people just because they are gay. Sadly it's just something that will have to die over time as gay people find a place in society.

Yeah, but I meant that they are much more accepted now than in years gone by. More people are more open about it nowadays. If you parents are gay, most times kids would just find friends that did accept them and other kids who might be pricks about it, but that's the normal school experience for most kids anyway. The good of having a stable family definitely outweighs the negatives.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Gay people are not raping you in the ass or cumming in your cereal so got a problem with them or getting married go fuck yourself. That's your own damn problem you made for your idiotic self. People like you can die and do the world a service to be rid of one more bigot.

BTW Not saying this to anyone in specific just in general to bigots who have any problems with gays or gays getting married. They are the real faggots
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I've always found the term bum bandit extremely funny, I thought it was more of a comedy thing than an actual insult :???:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:26 pm

I remember a stat a few years ago where straight couple divorce rate was over 60% and while a smaller stat gay couple had a much smaller divorce rate. Might have changed since then. Also there is NO evidence whatsoever gay parents hurt a child in anyway. What hurts a child is a dysfunctional and/or abusive parents gay or straight. Bullies as mentioned will teas you for having too many freckles or something retarded like that. I was bullied for being short and too white.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Peter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Blue, how many times have you posted that gay marriage by Louisck on here?? :lol:

Not getting at you btw, i would have never have discovered Louisck if it wasnt for you linking his videos. Dude is a fucking genius. Most hilarious comedian i have seen in a while.

Peter has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Indeed.

Also I know this is a heated subject anywhere it's just while I bitch about how Devil May Cry reboots n crap the things that really bother me to the point it boils my tit is bigotry & racism. Maybe because my dad was both.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:04 pm

You guys are either retarded or former bully victims. Kids with gay parents = constant and easy target. Bullyin the likes of poor kids is situation specific, bullyin Muslims isn't likely to have as much effect due to the chances of there being much more than one at the school, kids with difficulties are usually in 'special' classes and generally don't interact with everyone else as they have different schedules.

Kids with gay parents though... How many does anyone here know? Chances are, they'd be the only one at their school who has, as it'll take a good few generations before there's a large enough number of them.

I don't care what anyone says, it's flat out unfair on the child. You can argue the fuck all you want about gay people having rights n shit, fair enough, I don't have a problem with that, but kids? You can't honestly condemn one to an absolute certainty of constant bullying throughout their childhood. Peeps say every kid gets bullied anyway, and that's bullshit. Only bully victims say that.

I usually joke about and say that anyone who opposes my opinion is automatically wrong, but in this case it's true, and if you think otherwise, then you really need to re-evaluate your bedroom level knowledge of society and social hierarchy.

Seriously, some of the self-righteous bullshit on the internet about how socially inept idiots reckon the world should be is flat out ridiculous, and is really startin to grind my fucking gears.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I have changed my diet last few weeks to more salads and fruits. Rakim just posted the worst thing I have ever seen and actually pisses me off...in a good way. I just went downstairs to the gym and did a 30 min cardio. 3 5 min sets on the treadmill. Then 2 5 min sets on the rowing machine. Damn I feel like a wet noodle

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic