Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:10 am

Its okay Mitts, I understand where you're coming from. I understand that you're taking into account what you've seen, where you live and your heart is in the right place, with the kids themselves.

I care about the little ones too, and while I have different experiences and perhaps have just been lucky I've always thought that an active approach was necessary. I understand you want to shield them from the bullying, but instead of removing them from the situation, I wish to remove the situation, and if unable, teach them to shield themselves.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, MiTT3NZ
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 am

You don't know there is more straights than gays. Scientific American few years ago found there is a rise of gay animals in the animal kingdom. Second what does it matter?

The same bigotry the same oh they are going to ruin this or that. It's the exact same thing. Bigots never go away they just find something else to hate and blame shit on and alwasy ALWAYS the same arguments,Ruin Marriage blah blah,white and black marriage is bad blah blah blah,kids with a black and white parent kids get teased more blah blah.
The list goes on forever. Human history is just the same dance with a different tune.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 am

Like I said man, ideal world n everythin. I've always said that kids need to go through a little hardship to prepare them for life beyond school, but that shit right now (over here at least) would be way too intense. After all, scrotes do most of the bullyin over here, and I've not met a single gay scrote in my life.

I would love to see it on the school yard one day though...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhhE8TwfAP0[/youtube]

Shut up Ryudo, if you're not willing to enter into a constructive debate, go and run 80 miles on the treadmill.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:27 am

But it's true. History always repeats itself. For example. Back in the 1950's Comic books were blamed on the downfall of youth. In the 60's-70's it was TV. 80's Music last 20 years it's Video Games & Internet.

I have a parent old enough o be your moms mom. She lived in that era and she agrees. She saw it first hand that the hatred gays get now and the arguments presented are basically the same things she heard growing up in the 40's & 50's.Before blacks it was women. (in some parts of the world still true)

In time the subject of gays will be changed to a different group. The reality is it's not hurting anything. the only thing hurting anything is the hatred towards others just because how god made them.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 am

If having gay parents is going to eventually become normal in however long, then some kids are going to end up bullied along the way. That said, I can't agree that every kid will get bullied simply because of that. There are too many variables.

Thief has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:37 am

Now with the internet around everyone get's bullied no matter what anyway at some point or another.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:37 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Like I said man, ideal world n everythin. I've always said that kids need to go through a little hardship to prepare them for life beyond school, but that shit right now (over here at least) would be way too intense. After all, scrotes do most of the bullyin over here, and I've not met a single gay scrote in my life.

I would love to see it on the school yard one day though...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhhE8TwfAP0[/youtube]

Shut up Ryudo, if you're not willing to enter into a constructive debate, go and run 80 miles on the treadmill.

I keep reading and hearing the UK has a major problem with teens and bullying. It seems like every media to come out way has punks harassing people. (please excuse my extreme ignorance) as a kid I watched Keeping up appearances and as posh as Hyacinth Bucket was, she and her husband ran into streets punks even when not around Onslow(RIP Geoffrey Hughes). Granted hoods and thugs are to be expected in squalor it seems like even new programming like IT Crowd have the same manner of bully.

Perhaps its just media, but I keep hearing some very unsavory things even from normal UK citizens is it really that bad?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 am

@Ryudo: Um, callin me a bigot isn't true. I'm basing my views on my intimate knowledge of my surroundings, the area I live in, the people I know, the way I've grown up. I can safely say that no 12 year old can raise a child, yet it was socially acceptable in the past.

Yes, history repeats itself, but what you're doing is saying that my negative views on something is just that. The same as how black people were persecuted, how women were looked down on, and how Jews were a scapegoat for practically anything.

What you failed to notice was that I said that I wasn't disputing whether or not gays can make good parents. That's not what the debate's about, it's about the fact that it's unfair to condemn a baby to certain bullying. I later retracted that, as I realised that I was bein a bit too hasty in what I said, as I can't possibly speak for all corner of the globe, but I can definitely speak for over here, and over here it needs a little more thought than the regular adoption procedure.

@Lamewad: Too many variables? It's simple, if they go to a normal school, they're gettin bullied. It's an assumption, but it's a correct assumption. It's like sayin that kids will bicker on derby day. There's obviously a chance that no kids at the school support City or united, they might be made up of Stockport, Oldham or Droylsden fans, but the chances are stupidly slim, and I wouldn't even entertain the idea. So yes, I can safely assume that every kid who's been adopted by a gay couple (within the next decade or two, over in the UK, who go to a normal school) will get bullied. I know that, because I've been grouped up into practically any relevant category you can think of. I've seen all sides, been on all sides, and know my people VERY well.

@Segata: It's not bad in the sense that your life's at risk, but the bad apples are rotten to the core. There's been killings down the road from me recently and there's a huge manhunt for this guy with one eye. He did it coz the family of the guys he killed beat the shit out of his mam who has cancer. Kids are lookin for any excuse to boot off or riot, middle class motherfuckers are overly wary of anyone who doesn't dress like an absolute pleb, and nobody wants to work. But, despite all the hatred, we all get on like a house on fire. From the outside lookin in, you should defo consider it a strange place to live.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:52 am

I think I've made the mistake of assuming bullying in the UK would be similar to how it is here, in Arizona. I'm going to silently back out of this debate simply because I don't know what growing up in the UK is like.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:57 am

That's what I'm sayin man, I got it wrong in the first n second post by not thinkin about that. But yeah, we're harsh man. The amount of teenage suicides over here in the last three years is worrying. There was a whole town in Wales a while back where there was practically a schoolie suicide every few days. Total count ended up bein between 20-30.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 am

It certainly sounds like it. I won't lie, I really like fighting, but fighting and hurting are different. It seems too much coddling has made that distinction too blurry in many places.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:03 am

Yeah, there's too many laws in place on what you can't do to a kid in terms of discipline n shit, so now they're gettin away with murder, and they're takin full advantage.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, there's too many laws in place on what you can't do to a kid in terms of discipline n shit, so now they're gettin away with murder, and they're takin full advantage.

A pistol whipped at the face smartens people the hell up. Too bad thats just not in the cards fr you guys.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 am

Maybe the ontological priesthood will allow it one day for the whole world to be like London's Bermondsey Street. Ultimately, it's a thing called love.

Regardless of religion,
Braver than any faith,
No fear of society,
Evolves you and me.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:16 am

Couldn't get to sleep last night, so I'm winding down the day by listenin to tunes n readin old topics n posts. Nostalgic and funny as fuck.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic