Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Finally have a permanent place to stay. Trying to get the school thing sorted out for Fall and also signed up for little jobs for voice acting and set work. Hope I get callbacks on those.

Also been going through PMs that critique the DEUX script. You guys know who you are, your input about the whole story has been nothing short of invaluable. I did a sweep and now i'm at the final leg of this four year monster. At page 82, can't wait to change that ending!

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: OL, Peter, St. Elmo's Fire
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Home alone until Friday..

Can any of you cook?

Be a real man.

Breakfast: Pop Tarts
Lunch: Pot Noodle
Dinner: Indian, Chinese, Fish & Chips or Kebab
Desert: Angel Delight

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, St. Elmo's Fire
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm

I FINISHED DEUX!!!

And goddamn proud of the ending. It's now copywritten and ready to be released.

Kenny has received 6 thanks from: Axm, Henry Spencer, KiBa, OL, St. Elmo's Fire, Yukupo
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Congratulations!

Now get on Trois

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Kenny
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm

"Trois" is already done, actually. It's gonna be called "UN, DEUX, TRES". But i'm gonna wait to see if this thing will be picked up, made, and actually make bank at the box office before even pursuing the sequel.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 pm

^Just remember that you're buying us all Shenmue 3 if you end up becoming a millionaire.

Dorian has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Spokane
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Axm » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 am

KiBa wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_t2fFF3B0[/youtube]

Captain Picard can act his way out of being buried alive.
He can deflect missiles out of the sky with his bold philosophical statements.
He never got controlled by the Borg. He controlled the Borg with his acting. (for real though)

"He is... the most interesting man in Space."
"I dont always act well, but when I do, Im Captain Picard of the USS enterprise"
"Stay sober my friends"

Axm has received a thanks from: Dorian
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby lavrentis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:12 am

Sailors? wrote: Just got back from a trip to the hospital, only took 2 hours which is pretty fast for them. Me and my mate were smoking weed and he started having heart palpitations so he told me to ring for an ambulance. Last time he had this problem he had to stay in for a week. Luckily it wasn't because of the smoking he just drinks far too fucking much.

Exact same thing happened to my mate, his palpitations increased his anxiety which increased heart rate... Vicious circle.

Weed is too strong now.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sailors? » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah but weird thing is he mentioned the weed to the doctor and he didn't bat an eyelid. Said it was probably not the weed and instead was due to the excessive drinking. He needs to just cut down on drinking and smoking big time.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Ziming » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 am

Shopping around for a new toilet and I came across this.

http://www.amazon.com/Herbeau-Dagobert- ... ds=toilets

Customer reviews

Mrs Hudson recommends it April 1, 2011
By L. Hennessy
"Watson!!!" bellowed Holmes, as his left hand felt around the side of his highly-polished mahogany, genuine version of the Herbeau DAGOBERT TOILET THRONE for the Charmin Ultra Soft, Mega Rolls, (Pack of 4) that usually resided there. It was the only sort of bog roll that his sensitive skin could tolerate. But where the plush, gently aromatic, velvety roll once lay, a blank and empty space remained.

He bit down hard on his favourite calabash and, through sheer strength of character and rock-hard will, forced himself to remain calm. He took a deep breath and continued.

"When last you used the lavatory...", he called downstairs. He waited for some sort of reply; for some sign that Watson's dog-like intellect was at least paying attention, but there was only silence; no confirmation had been issued from the good doctor that he had been listening. He may as well have been howling at the fog-blurred moon, for all the good it was doing him.

"Sometimes I despair at the state of what will inevitably become the health service in fifty years' time if people like him can follow the medical profession without getting stricken off" he muttered to himself, straightening his deerstalker hat as he admired his reflection in the mirror on the back of the toilet door as he did so. The jury was out, but he had the deciding vote - he might be getting on a bit, but he still cut a dash in the right outfit, he considered. And the wooden throne-like toilet that he sat on gave him a certain air of regality in the right light.

There was a hesitant knocking on the door, shaking the mirror and waking him from his reverie. It was Watson. Annoyingly he didn't wait to be invited in, but instead opened the door almost as soon as he had knocked.

"What was that?" he bumbled, angling his head through the small space he had made in the doorway.

"I'm on the toilet, Watson" said Holmes, his lips pursing involuntarily. He had made himself a promise that he wasn't going to lose his temper with Watson any more, but it was proving hard to keep. "Oh for heaven's sake - either come in or go out - don't hide behind the blasted door!".

Watson shuffled in sheepishly, keeping his focus firmly fixed on his feet.

"When last you used the lavatory", he said icily, "did you go for a number one, or a number two?". His voice was dangerously quiet.

Watson's face showed no inkling of where Holmes was going with his cross-examination. "Why do you ask, Holmes?" Watson enquired, his wide eyes innocent of the inevitable to follow. "Well... I remember it distinctly" he continued, "I evacuated my bowels at approximately twenty past the hour - is there some murderer to be found, depending uon my reply? What possible purpose could you have by knowing such a thing?" he started in wonder.

"When last you used the lavatory, you did a poo - didn't you?" Holmes said, his body ramrod straight as he felt the patina of the wood on his rear, "Didn't you?" he repeated.

"Astounding, Holmes - but how did you know...?" said Watson in wonder

"-you forgot to replace the effing toilet roll!!!" Holmes roared. He'd broken his promise again.

Tired of vacating the royal audience hall every time nature calls? Now you can take care of business while sitting court with the Knights of the Round Bowl. The Herbeau Dagobert Wooden Toilet Throne is an efficient way to let petitioning nobles and peasants know what you REALLY think of them. Show them the true power behind the throne! Ring their bell with every flush! Trust me, it's a gas!

The Dag's 5+ foot tall regal bearing comes fully assembled. All one needs to do is attach a few pipes and you're good to go. Every lift of the seat sounds the opening strains of "Good King Dagobert". It's the perfect way to herald the royal elimination -- sing along with me:

"Le bon roi Dagobert, a mis sa culotte à l'envers.
Le grand Saint Eloi lui dit : "O mon Roi,
Votre majesté est mal culottée"
"C'est vrai, lui dit le roi, Je vais la remettre à l'endroit"..."

I digress, but it truly is a catchy ditty. A voice then goes on to recite the poem by Alfred de Musset inscribed upon the earthenware plaque mounted upon the seatback. The English translation goes something like this:

You who comes here in a humble posture
To unload the weight of your heavy abdomen
When you feel your body lighter
And have deposited in the urn a modest present
Please send in the pan a stream of pure water
And on this smoking jar place like a cork
The round cover with its perfect joint
To serve as a grave to the indiscreet perfumes

Knave and noble alike are humbled by this stately carved ash potty-throne. It sports not only a candle holder (to set that perfect medieval mood and to help clear the air) and an inset ashtray on the ash wood chair arm. I prefer to use mine to store a spare Merovingian tremissis or two. The only thing lacking is suitably deferential toilet-paper holding subject. Fortunately, this Sir Knight is available to handle the dispensing duties.

The Dagobert Toilet Throne would be a crowning achievement for those who take their sovereign bodily functions seriously. Over ten grand is a hefty tariff however, and those without a royal treasury to draw upon can always opt for the slightly smaller and less opulent model.

This toilet comes with a DVD featuring someone who looks exactly like Tom Hanks. "My name is Robert Langdon," he says, "And with the Herbeau Dagobert Toilet Throne Wooden 550101 you shall seek the truth," and points his index finger towards the toilet seat.

When I looked, I found the following words engraved into the wood:

"A Dagobert II Roi et a Sion est ce tresor et il est la Mort."

Now I translated this as "To Dagobert II, King, and to Sion belong this treasure and he is there dead."

Hmm this Dagobert King, whoever he was, must have felt pretty good to have owned this tun of treasure, although I guess it must have sucked to be Mort. But maybe not -- after all, you need a $11,000 toilet like you need a hole in the head.....

Behind the wooden edifice, I noticed a small sticker that said "Genuine Sacred Artifact Of The Knights Of The Priory Of Sion", and under that, in even smaller letters, "Made In China".

I called the manufacturer's 1-800 number to find out more but all I got was a recording that said in a monotonous voice "Shepherdess no temptation that Poussin and Teniers hold the key. Peace 681." When I said "Hello? Is anyone there?" the voice said "Blue apples," and hung up. Now I know that call centers have gotten progressively worse over the years, but this was downright strange.

My friend Sophie Neveu, who knows more about this stuff than I do, informs me that in order to decipher the meaning of these puzzling statements I need to travel to a place called Rennes-Le-Chateau. However, having spent $11,298.40 on this extraordinary water closet, I can no longer afford the plane fare to France.

C'est la vie.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Axm wrote:
KiBa wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_t2fFF3B0[/youtube]

Captain Picard can act his way out of being buried alive.
He can deflect missiles out of the sky with his bold philosophical statements.
He never got controlled by the Borg. He controlled the Borg with his acting. (for real though)

"He is... the most interesting man in Space."
"I dont always act well, but when I do, Im Captain Picard of the USS enterprise"
"Stay sober my friends"

Priceless:

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Horrifying. Dr. Barron, your report describes how rational these people are. Millennia ago, they abandoned their belief in the supernatural. Now you are asking me to sabotage that achievement, to send them back into the dark ages of superstition and ignorance and fear? NO!
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm anry. Had so little sleep and nothing will let me sleep.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Quentin Tarantino is finally making Kill Bill Vol. III Tarantino revealed he wants part 3 to take place 10 years after the events of Kill Bill Vol.2, presumably so that Vernita Green’s daughter (Nikki) can be old enough to track down The Bride (Uma Thurman/Black Mamba) to get revenge for killing her mother right in front of her. Vernita Green (portrayed by Vivica A. Fox), A.K.A. Copperhead, was a member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. She took part in the massacre at the Two Pines Wedding Chapel. She was second on The Bride’s “Death List Five.” Four years after the massacre she is living a normal life in Pasadena, Ca. under the alias of Jeanie Bell. She was trained in hand-to-hand combat and knife fighting, and it is hinted that she and The Bride shared a mutual, professional respect for each other. At the start of the first movie, they engage in a vicious fight, destroying Vernita’s living room in the process. However, Green’s four-year-old daughter Nikki arrives home in the middle of the fight, and they stop fighting since the Bride doesn’t want to kill Vernita in front of her young daughter. Green sends Nikki to her room and she talks with the Bride over coffee, apologizing for betraying her and asking for mercy on behalf of her family. The Bride coldly refuses and they agree to meet in the middle of the night to have a knife fight. However, Vernita betrays her promise, and tries to shoot the Bride with a handgun concealed within a cereal box (aptly named Kaboom). She misses and the Bride throws a knife into her heart, killing her. Her death is witnessed by Nikki which the Bride had not intended. The Bride tells Nikki, “When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I’ll be waiting.” Well, looks like Copperhead’s daughter (secretly trained by the eye-patch wearing Elle, who we learn didn’t actually die in that trailer) is going to attempt to exact a bloody revenge! Oh, and let’s not forget that The Bride also had a four year old daughter. I have a feeling that these lil b*tches are going to be going at it H.A.M.!

Dorian has received a thanks from: Kenny
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Dorian wrote: ^Just remember that you're buying us all Shenmue 3 if you end up becoming a millionaire.

Maybe it's not the best time to mention that i'm probably the only regular member that doesn't like Shenmue that much.

:theyareontome:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Kenny wrote:
Dorian wrote: ^Just remember that you're buying us all Shenmue 3 if you end up becoming a millionaire.

Maybe it's not the best time to mention that i'm probably the only regular member that doesn't like Shenmue that much.

:theyareontome:

Dorian has received a thanks from: KiBa
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic