Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Kenny wrote: Then I guess you don't mind posting your personal details, what you have, where you live, and everything in between.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, go.

A straw man.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Hataz gon Hate blue, do what you gotta to take care of yourself and your well being. ultimately what it comes down is that numbers and dollar signs, are just those, symbols, there is only as much meaning as we give them. whats so bad some of the people complaining I would imagine make 5 or more figures, and this disturbs them? Time to take the brain off auto-pilot. Give a poor honest man money and watch what he does, rejoice and be happy. Should a man be made to not get pleasure in having a luxury he is not used to? As if he should be silent and passive while the big heads grumble about having to give a sick man dividends so he can survive, shameful I say.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I call it "if you talk the talk, better walk the walk".

I read the best article in recent memory.

Always remember: No matter how good of a writer you are, how strong your prose is or how well you can describe a scene, unless you've set up a story where we give a shit about the characters in that place, it won't matter. Screenwriting is not a writing contest. It's a storytelling contest.

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... ng-vs.html
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:47 pm

^ That kind of goes back to what made pulp fiction so interesting, and how everyone thought it was out of order. And all Tarantino had to say about the matter was that the order it was in was the most entertaining and engaging for the viewer, simple as that.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 pm

I caught most of the VP debate tonight.

I felt like Biden was very thorough and had a more presidential air than Ryan. Can't wait to see the next Obama vs. Romney debate, especially since I have a feeling that it'll be a different tone than the first. They'll probably both come out swinging.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Biden was just rude and would not let Ryan finish any sentence. Also threw out insults.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Hataz gon Hate blue, do what you gotta to take care of yourself and your well being. ultimately what it comes down is that numbers and dollar signs, are just those, symbols, there is only as much meaning as we give them. whats so bad some of the people complaining I would imagine make 5 or more figures, and this disturbs them? Time to take the brain off auto-pilot. Give a poor honest man money and watch what he does, rejoice and be happy. Should a man be made to not get pleasure in having a luxury he is not used to? As if he should be silent and passive while the big heads grumble about having to give a sick man dividends so he can survive, shameful I say.

AG youre missing my and kenny's point. Nobody is disputing that he shouldnt get a check. Im not trying to make him feel bad about that aspect of it. Its about how he's treating that money and how he's deciding to flaunt it like he won the lotto. Get a ps3, get a 360, Wii U, computer, tv, tablet, abunch of games. But do it with some respect for those of us out there that are working 50 hours a week and earn that money while continuing to pay taxes.
Im not some hardcore fiscal conservative. I vote for social welfare programs to stay afloat and the RIGHT to health care. I truely believe in these things because some people genuenly do need them to survive. But ffs practice some modesty and have a humble outlook on it. It shouldnt be about him deserving it, rather him being gratefull for it like a gift. And seems like he doesnt consider it like that. But ill give him a chance to prove me wrong and show me he appriciates what he's got, not be arrogant about it.
Last edited by Axm on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 am

Bluecast wrote: Biden was just rude and would not let Ryan finish any sentence. Also threw out insults.

I don't recall him making any insults, but the interruptions were a put-off. It's one of my biggest pet-peeves. However, the clarity of his messages were a home-run imo, especially his stances on when to bring troops home and on the abortion debate.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 am

Dorian wrote:
Kenny wrote: Then I guess you don't mind posting your personal details, what you have, where you live, and everything in between.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, go.

A straw man.

A tin man

@ Axm Shut up you just proved you know nothing about me or the situation. We moved on but you decided to drag it back out. FFS. I did earn it and know more about 50-60 hour work weeks than you would ever know. Try doing ti while dying and in more pain than humanly imaginable every day for years.
Last edited by Bluecast on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 am

Mitsuzuki wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Biden was just rude and would not let Ryan finish any sentence. Also threw out insults.

I don't recall him making any insults, but the interruptions were a put-off. It's one of my biggest pet-peeves. However, the clarity of his messages were a home-run imo, especially his stances on when to bring troops home and on the abortion debate.

Calling him Jackie Kennedy was out of line.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 am

Bluecast wrote:
@ Axm Shut up you just proved you know nothing about me or the situation. We moved on but you decided to drag it back out. FFS. I did earn it and know more about 50-60 hour work weeks than you would ever know. Try doing ti while dying and in more pain than humanly imaginable every day for years.

I didnt drag anything out. Cause guess what, I was at work and didnt have time to make a response while everyone else was. Dont give me any shit like you know my work experience. I just got done working my 8th consecutive day in a row and it was a 10 hour shift. I finally have a day off tomorrow and I still wont have time for anything else cause I have to run around town doing errands now cause ive been at work for so long. I work my ass off. You obviously dont anymore with your up to the minute all day posting . You shouldnt be feeling like you deserve those checks asshole. When you worked your time and payed your taxes you did your part and got a tax return, broke even or payed the taxes you didnt when you got your checks. So dont try and play it off as something you're being owed. Thats the biggest BS excuse ever. Accept your damn checks like a man and shut the hell up about it. You wanna get personal? Fine. Ive been working no less then 30 hours a week since I was in high school with no gaps in employment all while going to school, sometimes working a second job. When I was in Japan I worked my ass off to afford getting married TWICE once in Japan and once in the U.S. I just payed all that off, my two cars, my credit cards and am continuing to work my ass off to afford going back to Japan to buy a house and start a family properly. So forgive me if I feel I have to right to tell you to shut up on bragging about your disability checks.
I never made this out to be about the checks themselves and your right to have them, only your attitude publicly about your fucking entitled arrogant attitude. I gave you advise about buying a TV, advise about getting tablet, advise about getting PS Vita games. This entire time I not ONCE gave you shit about buying those. I cant control how much money you get, whats in your bank account and how you spend it. So why waste my breath on that. I can however hold my right to tell you to shut the fuck up.

And I really am done with this at this point. Cause theirs a 0% chance you will understand me at this point. Ive unfortunately known you for too long and you will either play it off or ignore my point. This is the fucking reason I left this place because of you twice already. Go ahead and tell me to leave again as you will no doubt will. I wont this time. I will however take a break because I cant stand your face.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, QWERTY, ShOzO MiZuKi
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 am

:rotflmao:

How funny some of you overreact because of someones paycheck and throw fits of jealousy and ignorance.. It's great
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 am

They are neither jealous nor ignorant.

Thief has received 4 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ, OL, ShOzO MiZuKi
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:05 am

Ladies and gentlemen, the very first post of this thread!

Peter wrote: Since things have settled here now, it was time to cut the old one loose and let it become past of the Dojos illustrious history. Its what i originally planned for it when i created it, and always knew at some stage that it would be closed off and restarted. They are sort of milestones, and topics that can be looked back upon to see stupid arguments, memorable moments and posts from members who have since moved on. Its also good for current members to use it and look back upon it as a specific point in time, from good advice they have given, to members who were huge douches. They can look back on their major douchness and say in years to come, "man, i was a royal douche back then!"

A fresh new start.

So here ya go, the new random thoughts thread! Dont think ya need any more instruction on what to do! ;-)

:mrgreen:
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 am

KIba, you're madness has gone really bad. Please stop.

LAMEWAD, that change of gender did you good. Smexy. [lame joke]You look like Audrey Hepburn.[/lame joke]

Dorian has received a thanks from: Thief
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic