Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm

I need a link first. And if he can receive cheques, he has a bank account.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Dorian wrote:
Peter wrote: No offence guys, but if your on the verge if homelessness and are still buying games (be it $5, $10 or even $50) then you seriously need to start thinking about your priorities in life.

Homeless people are buying alcohol and drugs. I see where you're coming from, but it's an oversimplification and totally misses the complexity of the human mind.

Yea but thats making the point i am hinting at though. Its at a time like the one given in regards to TDK and yourself when you have to assess whats necessary to your survival and what is not. Certainly videogames are not necessary, but if you guys feel that they are and have to buy them, then you have an addiction which is no different to alcohol or drugs. Healthily, they dont do the damage substance does, but mentally and financially its equally something that isnt good for you.

I would safely say with confidence there are a select few here who cannot see the line between gaming as a enjoyment, full time hobby, or hardcore addiction.

Peter has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I need a link first. And if he can receive cheques, he has a bank account.

I canceled a couple things I had on order so if you can get a link set up I can donate a little.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Will probably need some more dialogue from him to get the ball rolling since he'd need a bank account and verified PayPal. Coupled with the fact these things would be accessed through a library/net cafe. :dunno:

A quick search equates 500 Euro to around $650. That's quite a big goal to reach.
Last edited by Crimson Ryan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Peter wrote: Yea but thats making the point i am hinting at though. Its at a time like the one given in regards to TDK and yourself when you have to assess whats necessary to your survival and what is not. Certainly videogames are not necessary, but if you guys feel that they are and have to buy them, then you have an addiction which is no different to alcohol or drugs. Healthily, they dont do the damage substance does, but mentally and financially its equally something that isnt good for you.

I would safely say there are a select few here who cannot see the line between gaming as a enjoyment, full time hobby, or hardcore addiction.

But you're missing the point that buying a $5 video game isn't even close to being so sinful. Those $5 a month wouldn't change anybody's life situation, would it? It's just like when Ryudo had only his games. Selling them wouldn't turn his life around.

I already sold a lot of my stuff. TDA went even further because he sold EVERYTHING once. But everybody wants something tangible. Selling what you hold dear - be it games or anything else - can work only for a little while. At a certain point, it becomes a cross too heavy to hold. Everybody has their own problems that come from more than just principles.
Last edited by Dorian on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Will probably need some more dialogue from him to get the ball rolling since he'd need a bank account and verified PayPal. Coupled with the fact these things would be accessed through a library/net cafe. :dunno:

We will use snail mail if we have to. minor inconviences for us should not doom a man
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Will probably need some more dialogue from him to get the ball rolling since he'd need a bank account and verified PayPal. Coupled with the fact these things would be accessed through a library/net cafe. :dunno:

A quick search equates 500 Euro to around $650. That's quite a big goal to reach.

Dojo got me 500$. So it's doable.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

I think it would be the best to gather the cash on MiTT3NZ's account so that he can send it directly to TDA. Western Union or even traditional mail would do.

Dorian has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:17 pm

When I went to HK I applied for a Travelex card that you can preload with money. It works like a debit card. Safer than sending money as snail mail, too.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

I have a website set up for him and just need one final thing before the fund can start

@ Mitts check your PM's
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:21 pm

I did email him in the past to post his photo on the Gallery but I can't seem to find it :( May not even have Paypal set up beforehand either.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Great to see the Dojo becoming like this once again.

I just hope it won't be too late. TDA needs to know about this ASAP so that he can talk the talk with his landlord.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

He should be on soon like he said via net cafe or library.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:26 pm

I sent him a PM
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Well I can kinda understand why homeless people spend some of the little money they have on drink, I mean shit, if I was living on the cold streets of London in winter, I'd probably want a bottle to help keep me warm through the night too! It's a hard situation when your sleeping rough, that's for sure. But I'm kinda assuming that since TDA still has at least a couple of friends (Landlord? And girlfriend), that he hopefully won't be straight out on the streets, at least for the time being. If you have a little time longer still with a roof over your head, hopefully you can regroup and find a new job.

I am totally clueless as to how the hell MIttz plans to find you job in Portugal, unless he's actually half Portugese or something and has loads of family over there and speaks the language. Nonetheless I respect that he's at least offering to try and help, though I would agree with Dorian that his advice of becoming a villain or getting sent to prison is some of most fucking terrible advice I've ever heard! Have you ever heard of a downward spiral Mittz? That's what your (partially) advising TDA to plunge into...

Anyway I hope you get back to your feet again soon TDA, your a clever and optimistic sort of lad, so I can't see you down and out for very long. And if you ever really are actually facing the prospect of sleeping rough on the streets, I'm sure a few folks here (including me) would definitely do their best to help you out in any way they can.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Dorian
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic