Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Kenny wrote: Damn, what's in Australia that's so badass?

I mean I was planning to go someday but it sounds like i'm missing something here.

Oppy

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Kenny
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby QWERTY » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:04 pm

I mean I was planning to go someday but it sounds like i'm missing something here.

My girlfriend's brother is over there and he's recently had a daughter so my girlfriend wants to spend some time with her as she grows up. I hate my job and need to take some time out of work and reflect on what I actually want to do with my life, so taking 12 - 18 months out of the usual humdrum seems like a good idea for us. Then we can consider returning home and settling down and concentrating on careers, property purchases and offspring.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Finally have a day off tomorrow after 2 weeks strait of work. Maybe ill finally be able to finish RE6.

Axm has received a thanks from: Peter
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Ah Dan happy days bud. Sounds like such a plan to meet up over there and get shit faced. Thats what i am doin bud. 12 month working visa, but i dont plan on coming home though. But sure your on my facebook anyways so we will be able to keep in touch no sweat. :nice!:

Peter has received a thanks from: QWERTY
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby QWERTY » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Peter wrote: Ah Dan happy days bud. Sounds like such a plan to meet up over there and get shit faced. Thats what i am doin bud. 12 month working visa, but i dont plan on coming home though. But sure your on my facebook anyways so we will be able to keep in touch no sweat. :nice!:

Yeah of course! We won't be heading over until this time next year as still have a few debts to pay off but things are definitely in motion already. We'll be predominantly in Melbourne to start with I think.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Ahh right. Well sure we will see what happens anyways. I dont have a clue where i will be by this time next year. Could be six feet under lol, all i know is i am booked into Base hostel on Kent Street in Sydney until January 3rd and after that, life is one big adventure.

What the fuck am i doing :lol:

Peter has received a thanks from: Axm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 pm

I blame the long lasting prominence of Neighbours, and to a lesser extent, Home and Away. It's ruined the minds of generations of British youth...It's basically a deliberate strategy the Australian government employs in order to brain drain Britain and steal our talent. However, what the aussie government never counts on, is that this only accounts for the dregs Britain's population departing ( *cough* Pete and qwerty *cough*), and our government knows this, hence why Neighbours will always be given a place (and usually lot's of places- twice a day during the week, and omnibus on the weekend is what I grew up on) on British TV screens. :P

I'm of course only joshing chaps. I'm just proper green eyed about the fact that your going to be lucky enough to swap these grey and rainy shores for some sandy aussie beaches. Who know's, you may even find the sturdy jawed aussie girl of your dreams while your there too.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Peter
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:12 pm

You can find great aspects in any country. Some are of course harder to find than others but they're still there. But like Pete said, life is one big adventure. You shouldn't take life too seriously, but while you're here, you might as well make the best of it. And don't fret if you haven't figured yourself out yet; sometimes it takes time. And for some people their outlooks constantly change, never set in stone. That's the adventure part. Find a passion and go with it. (Scatterbrained I know haha)
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm

mue 26 wrote:

I blame the long lasting prominence of Neighbours, and to a lesser extent, Home and Away. It's ruined the minds of generations of British youth...It's basically a deliberate strategy the Australian government employs in order to brain drain Britain and steal our talent. However, what the aussie government never counts on, is that this only accounts for the dregs Britain's population departing ( *cough* Pete and qwerty *cough*), and our government knows this, hence why Neighbours will always be given a place (and usually lot's of places- twice a day during the week, and omnibus on the weekend is what I grew up on) on British TV screens. :P

I'm of course only joshing chaps. I'm just proper green eyed about the fact that your going to be lucky enough to swap these grey and rainy shores for some sandy aussie beaches. Who know's, you may even find the sturdy jawed aussie girl of your dreams while your there too.

The auzzie babe is well part of my plans. Marry her and i wont have to leave!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Axm, mue 26
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Ryudo wrote:

Oppy

I miss that bastard.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Kenny wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

Oppy

I miss that bastard.

He needs to break out of prison. Not sure we will ever see him again and not sure how long his sentence is :sad:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Didn't think he'd been sentenced yet. Was sure I seen him online recently.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Thank god for Shane Black. I've never seen Lethal Weapon, but reading his script gives me waves of relief and joy. My scripts were going that general direction until I was told to make them "more traditional".

Considering this guy made it big doing it this way, I'm putting back a lot of my original style as a big fuck you to the conformists.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm