Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm

The puppeteer who performs as Elmo on “Sesame Street” is taking a leave of absence from the iconic kids’ show in the wake of allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy.

Puppeteer Kevin Clash has denied the charges, which, according to Sesame Workshop, were first made in June by the accuser, who by then was 23.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertain ... story.html
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 pm

He just can't keep his hands to himself.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Seriously though I hope his proven not guilty and can wipe his hands clean from all this.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Being a gay black man on TV is hard enough you have got to hand it to him.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-575 ... surgeries/

I wonder how long until people bemoan the loss of tax dollars for what they describe as "elective surgery".
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 pm

*moans*

In all seriousness.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 pm

One sick game of tickle me elmo
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Brothaman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 pm

^

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU[/youtube]

Brothaman has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Yokosuka Martian
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:51 am

Dark greetings, everyone.

Yes, you guessed it right. Like every time I start a post in such a solemn manner, a wall of text is coming. Like always, read it or ignore it at your own pleasure (or peril).

It's a more positive wall of text while we're at it, thankfully, so there's that.

After going through the humiliation of telling my lame, cringe worthy story to half a dozen landlords I was able to find a lady that allowed me to occupy a room having to pay the rent come December the 8th and not in advance.

Now it's mostly a matter of finding a job, any kind of paying job, ASAP.
A shaddy coffee or a shaddy call center will do just fine, if only I am able to find hiring ones in this near bankrupt Portugal.

Last 'confession', and contrary to how some members interpreted it, I meant to ask you fuck all. Just wanted to say something, somewhere, to hears that maybe cared enough to listen.This time I will indeed ask two things of you, if you don't think ill of me for doing it.

It's not money, mind the more cynic of you.

I hijacked and drove two death angels against the already very shaky towers that were the foundations of my life.
Now I find myself at ground zero with anything else save for a bag of clothes and some bathing products.

IF someone among you has an OLD, NOT IN USE but functional laptop, tablet, smartphone, any kind of device that can properly access the internet and allow me to send CVs, maybe do some 'work at home' jobs and yes, access this place and chill out for a while, and doesn't mind to share it with me I will be really, really gratefull.

I won't say no to, say, a Game Boy Colour and a couple of games either, or an old MP4 or something.
Anything that might help me go through this without falling back too much to my depressive ways would also be a devilsend.
I can't accept anything that requires a tv, for example, for I don't own one currently, nor do I want the community to send me more than 2-3 items.
I know how bad it is for me to be doing this in the first place, I would never abuse the good will of anyone nor the good will of the Dojo as a whole if by any chance someone(s) among you decides to help me out.
In the same lines, I can't promise anything right now for things can still go very sour for me, but if I can rise again and find proper stability and if you're reading this and for any reason decide to help me out. I will do my best to repay you, even if it takes me years, in some way; money, goods, being there for you when you need, whatever.

My second request is a weirder one, and also a more personal one.
I can't possily know how cheap or expensive it is to make a phone call for a portuguese mobile number from where you (whoever you are...) live, but if you, for any strange reason, care enough or have the fainter bond with this pathetic excuse for a human being, can you... call me, now and then?...
I know it's weird, I know it's invasive and I don't really know what to expect to really gain from it (and I'm sure you're gaining nothing but the torture of having to deal with my terrible english pronounciation)... But for some reason I think it would help this lone wolf to be, to feel... I dunno... part of something? More of a capable man? More like a proper human being? I don't know...

And...
I guess this is it.

Sorry to take your time and being such a pain in the royal arse.

Anything, feel free to PM me.

Kindest regardest,
your very own ThyDarkAngel
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby south carmain » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 am

are there no social aid plans in portugal? the gov should normally be able to give you a monthly pay to get you through hard times, something that covers rent and food

anyway I can send you a laptop that doesn't have a hard drive and a functioning but problematic psp (the screen has blue lines on them, this is repairable unfortunately I don't know how, they go away when you apply pressure to the borders of the screens, also the batterie doesn't work so to play it you need to always have it plugged in)

unfortunately I can't make any promises though as these are in London and I'm in the UAE but I lost my passport so I might have to go back to London soon, if I do then I will send you them though if the police have found my passport then sorry but I won't be going back anytime soon

south carmain has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:18 am

Wow, you were quick!

There are social aid plans here, yes, but it take ages to get green lite to them and they give you like 150 eur (cheapest bedrooms, like the one I got, go for 200 eur...). If I wait on them, there's no hope. Have to find any kind of job ASAP.

If no one else can help (I feel bad saying it, couldn't find the proper words, sorry y'all) I would gladly wait for your return to London and the laptop. I'm sure I would be able to get a hdd somewhere.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am

ThyDarkAngel wrote: Wow, you were quick!

:lol: yeah I don't really take time to think before replying to something

in fact pm me you address and I will ask my godfather to send you the laptop as it's at his, it's a HP with 2gb ram and maybe 1.6 processor or 1.8 can't remember, anyway it's enough to do most things including playing pre 2005 games and can run nulldc perfectly, I played through both shenmues on it with only a few slowdowns

south carmain has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 am

south carmain wrote:
ThyDarkAngel wrote: Wow, you were quick!

:lol: yeah I don't really take time to think before replying to something

in fact pm me you address and I will ask my godfather to send you the laptop as it's at his, it's a HP with 2gb ram and maybe 1.6 processor or 1.8 can't remember, anyway it's enough to do most things including playing pre 2005 games and can run nulldc perfectly, I played through both shenmues on it with only a few slowdowns

!!

Your great!

I will Pm you the adress half a dozen hours from now or tomorrow at the latest, I don't know it from memory yet and I don't have it with me.

Does someone have a hardrive (with Windows or another OS installed please...) that he or she can spare?

Is it easy to put an hdd in a laptop? Never did it, not in a laptop.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 am

yeah really easy, the place underneath is already open so you just slide it in, if it's just for internet you can install ubuntu on a cd or usb key and run it from there doing a startup boot(that's what I used to do before I got my new one) though after an hour the screen starts flickering when I would do it, I think it's because it gathered too much dust inside over the years so heats up pretty quickly
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 am

^Beggars can't be choosers and all that :)

I will download an OS from a paid internet spot like the one I am using if need be, not a major problem.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic