Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby KiBa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 am

You lost me, SEF.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 am

Wikileaks guy, who has been granted asylum by Ecuador, but isn't actually IN Ecuador, he's hidden inside the Ecuadorian embassy, in London. :lol: So yeah there's not much straight about this story at all. He says he's too terrified of leaving the embassy, let alone going to Sweden, "in case the Americans get him". He claims the allegations in Sweden are made up, but I think he is placing far too much importance on himself. Like I said, if the USA had wanted him so badly, they'd have had him by now. Especially when he's right under the noses of the USA's allies (the UK) who also aren't strangers to breaking the rules. I'm of the opinion he knows he's done wrong in Sweden, and is now just using every excuse and diversion in the book to avoid the long sentence he so thoroughly deserves.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: KiBa
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Last full day in London and less than 7 hours till my taxi to Heathrow. I really enjoyed my time in London and I want to thank everyone who I've met. I won't forget any of it. I'll be back!

Have a safe flight! It was great meeting everyone 8)

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Yokosuka Martian has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, MiTT3NZ
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm getting more impatient to see The Hobbit...

Been waiting to see it ever since it was first announced. My most anticipated movie of the year. Already I hear it's amazing.

Kenny has received a thanks from: KiBa
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm

There have been a ton of negative reviews, mostly from those that lament the apparently sluggish, stretched out story in hopes of squeezing the one book into a profitable trilogy instead of "just" a two partner. But than again, a lot of other reviewers are praising the calm, casual pacing as relaxing. I can't wait to see for myself.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh that's mostly over the decision to make it a trilogy, which was sharply criticized since its just one book versus the three for the LOTR. On the actual film, I hear nothing but good things.

I trust Jackson and his team know what they're doing. I mean, I can't question the people who put together one of the finest movie trilogies of all time. Well, at least not yet.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20621210

Marijuana decriminalised in Washington state

Possession of marijuana has become legal in the US state of Washington, a month after voters opted for decriminalisation.

From midnight (08:00 GMT) anyone aged 21 and over was allowed to carry up to 1oz (28.4g) of cannabis, but smoking it in public will remain illegal.

What states will follow? or will this be quickly taken back amid concerns from old people and dopey religious drones? More importantly, is Spokane safe from all of these unrelenting refer smoking ruffians?

Rakim has received a thanks from: Axm
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm

:shocked!:

Looks like I really will be relieving Spokes of his breathing... and replacing with inhaling.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: :shocked!:

Looks like I really will be relieving Spokes of his breathing... and replacing with inhaling.

Oh sure when he annoys you he get's hurt and hospitalized. When I annoy you..just give me big posts. Typical just typical. Good day sir I SAY GOOD DAY! [-(
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:08 pm

I voted against that shit. Besides, it still illegal to sell it, and that whole it will make the police focus on other stuff is a crock of shit too. The police came on the news right after it was passed and said it in fact makes their job a bit harder now. And no the state won't make any taxes on it, that was a lie too.

I would do it if I had a medical problem that it helped, but that was not illegal in the first place, one of my neighbors has a prescription for it, I think its for his back.

What sucks is older people will just go on assuming I do it since its legal now. :lol: Never touched it never will unless I have to for a problem I have.

Alright, yes restaurants and stores will make more on people who have the munchies.
Last edited by Spokane on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:13 pm

It should just be decriminalized on a Federal level and let the states vote on whether or not it should be allowed. It's too confusing for it to be criminalized on a Federal level while legal on a state level.

It also makes sense not to use in public. Not everyone wants to smoke. It's the same thing they do in Amsterdam.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Kenny wrote: It should just be decriminalized on a Federal level and let the states vote on whether or not it should be allowed. It's too confusing for it to be criminalized on a Federal level while legal on a state level.

It also makes sense not to use in public. Not everyone wants to smoke. It's the same thing they do in Amsterdam.

Thats the other problem the news has been talking about. The cops have to deal with this whole legal here not legal federal wise problem.
Last edited by Spokane on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Rakim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Spokane wrote: I voted against that shit. Besides, it still illegal to sell it, and that whole it will make the police focus on other stuff is a crock of shit too. The police came on the news right after it was passed and said it in fact makes their job a bit harder now. And no the state won't make any taxes on it, that was a lie too.

I would do it if I had a medical problem that it helped, but that was not illegal in the first place, one of my neighbors has a prescription for it, I think its for his back.

Of course it makes their job harder. Now there are slightly less people available to rope into the legalized slavery that is United States prison economy. The sentences for petty drug crimes are ridiculous and any overseer enforcing such nonsense should be ashamed of himself.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: Axm, mue 26
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Spokane wrote: I voted against that shit. Besides, it still illegal to sell it, and that whole it will make the police focus on other stuff is a crock of shit too. The police came on the news right after it was passed and said it in fact makes their job a bit harder now. And no the state won't make any taxes on it, that was a lie too.

What sucks is older people will just go on assuming I do it since its legal now. :lol: Never touched it never will unless I have to for a problem I have.

Alright, yes restaurants and stores will make more on people who have the munchies.

you voted against the legalisation of cannabis, are you a 63 year old man from the 50's?

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic