Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby redline » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:04 am

i don't get the feeling that our government want us to live happy, healthy, full lives.

you guys in america have a problem with gun but trust me, we in the uk have a big problem with knife crime & stabbings.. our leaders couldn't care less.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jeff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 pm

The best solution to reduce these events from occurring is legislation on a national level, so it is in effect in all 50 states is a mental evaluation by a psychiatrist before one can obtain a firearm. Perhaps an evaluation every 4 years. I think that's fair. If you think you are going to stop all the worlds tragedies your naive.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby beedle » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 pm

tackle the root causes. deal with poverty, support for the mentally ill, remove the revenue of gangs. Don't give the killer publicity, and try to avoid simply taking a knee jerk reaction.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Ryudo wrote: I have personally hated guns since I nearly shot and killed my dad/mom. Since that day I just hated them and those numbers are nothing new but so very true.

Why do we need to know this type of personal information? Just say you hate guns and leave the rest out.

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Sailors?, St. Elmo's Fire, Yokosuka Martian
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Anyone else here a fan of The Walking Dead? Just finished watching the latest episode and holy shit what a season so far. I hate that I have to wait till February to see more T_T
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 pm

beedle wrote: tackle the root causes. deal with poverty, support for the mentally ill, remove the revenue of gangs. Don't give the killer publicity, and try to avoid simply taking a knee jerk reaction.

Yeah I feel ya beeds, but then, how long do you realistically think it would take a country like the united states to tackle all those problems that are currently rife? Sure, let people have whatever guns they want when society has elevated to the point that all those plights you speak of have vanished, and people are physically, mentally and spiritually content. Hell, get rid of laws all together once you get to that point. But as long as we are stuck with laws and government it seems a madness to me that guns are so easily available in the states. It comes down to a simple question: If it were made much harder to own a firearm in the united states, would the number of firearm casualties and fatalities in that country dramatically fall? I think any sane person knows the answer is yes. And so I feel the American government has a responsibly to it's people to do something.

We've got poverty, mental illness and gangs in the UK too. But we don't have many of these mass shooting massacres, thankfully.

I think it's totally unrealistic to ask people not to react and question the gun regulation after such an immensely horrendous massacre.

@ Yokosuka

Yeah I'm a walking dead fan. Need to get up on the new series though.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 pm

mue 26 wrote:
beedle wrote: tackle the root causes. deal with poverty, support for the mentally ill, remove the revenue of gangs. Don't give the killer publicity, and try to avoid simply taking a knee jerk reaction.
We've got poverty, mental illness and gangs in the UK too. But we don't have many of these mass shooting massacres, thankfully

fun fact, the UK is more violent per capita than the US yet we have only a fraction of their murders, I'm sure people can deduct something from that piece of information
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Most the children killed were 6-7 years old.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Morgan Freeman's response to the shootings.
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations­, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Yokosuka Martian has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, mue 26, St. Elmo's Fire
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 pm

His points are all true of course. Though why not donate to mental health institutes AND restrict gun control until you have a nice happy, balanced and content population? Makes sense no?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jeff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Ryudo wrote: I have personally hated guns since I nearly shot and killed my dad/mom.

The gun can't pull the trigger by itself, so why is it the gun's fault?

Jeff has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Spokane
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Spokane » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:07 pm

This is the longest word in the English language. Its a chemical name. When i tried posting it the dojo gave me this message. Your message contains 191803 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

http://www.sarahmcculloch.com/luminary- ... gest-word/
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Jeff wrote:
Ryudo wrote: I have personally hated guns since I nearly shot and killed my dad/mom.

The gun can't pull the trigger by itself, so why is it the gun's fault?

Where did I blame the gun? I just hate them not blame them
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Anyone excited for Christmas yet?

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: KiBa
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext