Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

I think a bit too much was read into my rolley-eye-ended comment...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Sailors?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 pm

:no:

Half of their army is starving yet they threaten both the south and the US with war. :roll:

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: KiBa
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Germany did a better job of getting supplies to it's solders stationed in whole other countries during WW2 better than North Korea does of getting food to it's own citizens domestically. That's sad.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Sonikku wrote: Germany did a better job of getting supplies to it's solders stationed in whole other countries during WW2 better than North Korea does of getting food to it's own citizens domestically. That's sad.

Germany did so at the expense of those in the occupied countries, same shit as NK are doing except NK is diverting food from rural areas to its capital instead of occupied countries to its soldiers
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Sonikku wrote: Germany did a better job of getting supplies to it's solders stationed in whole other countries during WW2 better than North Korea does of getting food to it's own citizens domestically. That's sad.

To be fair Germany in WWII had a great and efficient military. It rivaled ours and in some ways better.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I think a bit too much was read into my rolley-eye-ended comment...

I think people didn't read enough into my promise to sexually assault AnimeGamer. :roll:

Honest question i can't find a decent answer to, I was once told by an old mercenary in my village that Scottish soldiers had a different uniform from British ones. I was wondering how long ago that was and if anyone even knew what they looked like.

Sonikku wrote:Germany did a better job of getting supplies to it's solders stationed in whole other countries during WW2 better than North Korea does of getting food to it's own citizens domestically. That's sad.

Thats the thing I find so terrible. How could they serve knowing this? Are they so afraid of the nebulous threat of the dictator ordering their death? Are they that afraid of someone else, whose also afraid protecting a person that never really earned the power they have?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Ryudo wrote:

To be fair Germany in WWII had a great and efficient military. It rivaled ours and in some ways better.

But their supply lines were crap. German Generals often had to choose between food or fuel for the front lines. As they were pushed back further and further to the homeland, their supplies issues began to fix themselves. But not even in it's worse case scenario do I suspect any starved on the kind of level North Korea's people are now.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Thats the thing I find so terrible. How could they serve knowing this? Are they so afraid of the nebulous threat of the dictator ordering their death? Are they that afraid of someone else, whose also afraid protecting a person that never really earned the power they have?

It's easy for us to judge from afar, from the perspective of people who grew up in a free world where we were raised to believe in ourselves and to challenge oppression. That's ingrained in us from a young age, from the culture all around us. The people of North Korea are ingrained with fear, obedience and inequality. That's their life. They don't have any other frame of reference because their dictatorship cuts them off from outside influences, instead blanketing their senses with propaganda that fuels their intimidation and/or loyalty.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Maybe. I'm pretty sure we grew up in two very different worlds but even then I always had the option of resistance. To us the thing that oppressed us was foreign, it must be difficult to deal with oppression internally. Even so, I don't think I could ever imagine a world where I took those kinds of orders, so perhaps it does just come down to the world we're born into.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby KiBa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm

It's physical. When you're starving, you cannot resist, just as in desert nations, those who thirst do not think deep thoughts about politics. It's raw. It's the jungle. Our imaginary borders do not reflect zones in which it is possible for millions to survive forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysPp7GAs_U&t=01m57s
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Kiba tho you sent me your password to your account. I won't use it. I'm cleaning my rep and rather not take steps backwards
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bambi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Bambi has received 8 thanks from: Bluecast, Kenny, KiBa, MiTT3NZ, OL, Rakim, Sailors?, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm

I have a new found respect for that man.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 am

Yokosuka Martian has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, MiTT3NZ
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic