Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 am

I swear. You big lugs. Getting everyone all emotional and shit.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am

This place is boring now plain and simple. It's not hard to notice people not posting as much as they used to. I still pop on a lot but just don't see the point in posting nowadays. Every topic get's filled with stupid GIFs or youtube videos and no discussion is actually had. As for the gaming forums unless you like Ys you are pretty much looked down on and I know many people avoid it because of that as well as the constant whining about how the games industry is shit. I've spoken to people who post here about games like Halo who refuse to do it on the boards as they will simply get their thread ruined or people interrogating them.

I'm in the same boat as Pete and I'll believe there is a change when I see it. Ryudo apologizes every 6 months and says his changed only for him to carry on doing the same shit. The only thing his done different recently is mention that his changed every 10 posts. When he claimed that TEEPO always apologized and ended up doing what he normally does I almost went back and posted all the topics where Ryudo apologized for his behavior over the years. I almost found about 10 of the bloody things. Saying sorry and posting a Lion King video is all well and good but people don't give a fuck about that and would actually prefer a change in your tone and attitude.

I've always been wait and see on when you've claimed to have 'changed' only for you to do the same shit. Just realize you don't have to post in every thread and give your opinion on the same topic for the 20th time just because the last time you did it was in the same topic 2 pages back or if you have no opinion post a GIF. It get's depressing coming onto this place and seeing 10 topics saying you was the last person to post in them all even when it's for topics I can tell you don't care for.

Everyone remembers when Ryudo got demodded and this place had plenty of people coming back. Every time I logged on there would be tons of posts all from different people. That's what this place could be like.

Riku Rose has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Henry Spencer, Jokatech19, Kenny, MiTT3NZ
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 pm

We can all be dicks to each other and hurt each others feelings sometimes, welcome to life. Keep that in mind and its alot easier to forgive and move on. We shouldnt be making each other miserable through a damn message board on the internet, take it for what it is, if you dont like it here leave, or if you dont like a conversation dont participate and ignore it, or if you dont like a conversation speak your opinion, just dont whine about all the past mistakes of everything later, we cant change the past, we can impact the here and now, I would suggest doing that.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Ever wake up but not sure you're awake? First night I had any sleep and everything seems so surreal. Hate days like that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Rakim wrote: .....And today Ryudo was the bigger man.

Peter is just as crazy as he's accusing Ryudo of being. Maybe more considering how much repressed anger he apparently has over such trite matters.

You got something to say, just say it, stop hiding it behind spoiler tags. And trite matters? Like having most of the members here leaving/never posting anymore/hardly at all? I would hardly call that trite. There's certainly a lot of people on here who think otherwise, too. Like Riku says, this place is boring now thanks to the lack of activity. The damage is done. Members here are making sense with what they are saying. We (the staff) agree generally on most things, this especially.

If anybody else wants to speak up now, by all means do it, don't be afraid to do so. Talking it out is better than just not posting. I know, it's all drama, but it's better to just let it out then sweep it under the rug and wait for another outburst of some kind, imo.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Sailors?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Completely indifferent towards TEEPO as a member. And I've a feeling it was QWERTY who was Hai. Just summat about him, although I did think it was TEEPO until the account got banned. Anyway, the guy did some huge thing apparently. Years back. Probably when he was a kid, late teen, whatever. It was during the years of MSN, that exciting time when the internet was fun and to troll was like being the class clown in the school of chaos. Everyone's grown up though, and to flat out say no to him after all these years, after all the members who've done similar - and in some instances worse - shit... well, I dunno, just doesn't sit right with me.

Everyone who's been a nob ed's been let back in (me, Axm, Ryudo, QWERTY, etc., etc.), but the only exceptions seem to be Gboy and TEEPO. Doesn't make any sense. At all. And to touch on the Ryudo & dick-riders sub-thread that was goin on, it seems to me that it's Ryudo's little inner circle who've got the problem with it and no one else. Ain't tryna start any drama or owt by sayin it, but at the end of the day, it's an undeniable fact.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:13 pm

I thought QWERTY was a good member when he came back. Seems to me there's a stigma against returning members who were banned. No one is perfect but sometimes the hammer falls harder to previous offenders no matter how long ago it was.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

why was qwerty banned again?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm

south carmain wrote: why was qwerty banned again?

I think I know but I won't say just so not to blow smoke..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 pm

well thanks for nothing :|
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

We need more women with all this dick riding I say. :-"
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Can't remember exactly, but I think it basically boiled down to him constantly being a contrarian in regards to following certain rules, which is to say he basically had a real problem posting respectfully, and hated it when he was told he was wrong. He was also constantly dogging Ryudo at practically every turn, and derailing threads with their arguing. I think he ultimately sent some abusive PM to Peter (who in all honesty was pretty fair handed and even lenient to the guy) or something. Personally I don't really get why anyone would be sad about his banning, he nearly never posted anything that wasn't on the level of crude school playground humour, and was usually looking to provoke someone or another. And yeah, Hai was surely qwerty.

It's actually pretty depressing that for whatever reason my mind has retained this completely pointless information. Eh.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mitsuzuki » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:If anybody else wants to speak up now, by all means do it, don't be afraid to do so. Talking it out is better than just not posting. I know, it's all drama, but it's better to just let it out then sweep it under the rug and wait for another outburst of some kind, imo.

Teepo was before my time, but in both searching his posts and seeing what Brothaman highlighted, some of his rants were completely inappropriate, and simply calling it "British Humour" was a bunch of bullshit. I'm glad he's gone.

I don't remember the post that broke the camel's back, but QWERTY seemed to nuke the fridge which was a shame. I enjoyed a lot of his posts and his personality. I'd be totally cool to see him given another chance if he can keep his shit together.

It's been touched on here earlier, but Ryudo posts way too frequently. In almost every topic. With such a degree of saturation, it stagnates conversation from other members. I understand that he's got personal shit going on with himself and family, but guess what, so does everyone else. We don't need to see it spelled out in every second post. When that stuff comes up we get back to stagnation. My two pieces of advice to you, Ryudo (I normally hate giving advice- who wants it?):

1: post less in quantity but more in quality
2: make topics less about yourself and more about the topic itself which other people can relate and contribute to. That's what creates good conversation.

That's all I have to say about this.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm

mue 26 wrote:

Can't remember exactly, but I think it basically boiled down to him constantly being a contrarian in regards to following certain rules, which is to say he basically had a real problem posting respectfully, and hated it when he was told he was wrong. He was also constantly dogging Ryudo at practically every turn, and derailing threads with their arguing. I think he ultimately sent some abusive PM to Peter (who in all honesty was pretty fair handed and even lenient to the guy) or something. Personally I don't really get why anyone would be sad about his banning, he nearly never posted anything that wasn't on the level of crude school playground humour, and was usually looking to provoke someone or another. And yeah, Hai was surely qwerty.

It's actually pretty depressing that for whatever reason my mind has retained this completely pointless information. Eh.

eh I remember him being all right most of the time except the grudge he held against ryudo, I left for a while and when I came back he had been banned and everyone was pissed at him :dunno:
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
Rakim wrote: .....And today Ryudo was the bigger man.

Peter is just as crazy as he's accusing Ryudo of being. Maybe more considering how much repressed anger he apparently has over such trite matters.

You got something to say, just say it, stop hiding it behind spoiler tags. And trite matters? Like having most of the members here leaving/never posting anymore/hardly at all? I would hardly call that trite. There's certainly a lot of people on here who think otherwise, too. Like Riku says, this place is boring now thanks to the lack of activity. The damage is done. Members here are making sense with what they are saying. We (the staff) agree generally on most things, this especially.

If anybody else wants to speak up now, by all means do it, don't be afraid to do so. Talking it out is better than just not posting. I know, it's all drama, but it's better to just let it out then sweep it under the rug and wait for another outburst of some kind, imo.

I think we've got a tough guy on our hands. Every single activity that takes place on this board is trite, trivial, unimportant or however you want to phrase it. I pity the fool who lets the bustle of a message board effect their mental state this deeply.

As for Peter he is the same exact person as Ryudo just in green. Consistently bringing up old forum nonsense, telling way too many details of his personal life openly, begging for confirmation from other members, bragging how "done" he is with the website and how uninvested he is while still having in him to unleash post after post of whining about forum drama that only about 5 people care about.

And here's a gif cuz I know how much you guys love them.

@south carmain QWERTY got banned cuz he spammed a picture of a Japanese guy giving himself a sex change in every topic :lol:
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic