Sony 4K TV to cost $25,000

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Sony 4K TV to cost $25,000

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366928/sony-4k-tv-to-cost-25000/

Available to pre-order now ahead of its release this November, the 84-inch XBR-84X900 has a 3840 x 2160 resolution - that's four times the pixels of full HD.

Other key features include 3D viewing, a virtual 5.1 surround sound field and online connectivity through the Sony Entertainment Network. Get the full tech specs here.

Just as the PS3 played a key role in establishing Blu-ray and later 3D content, PlayStation 4 is expected to form part of Sony's plan to push 4K tech out to consumers.

:rotflmao:

Good luck with that Sony.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: KiBa
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Sony 4K TV to cost $25,000

Postby Axm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Day one buy. :lol:

well if you think about it, the first HDTV's were rediculously expensive like this too back in the day. So if 4k is really the future then I guess we can all wait until they're $500 at walmart in 2015.
Last edited by Axm on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

First LCD TV's in the mid 90's cost over 10 Grand. Maybe with inflation it comes to 25 in 2012. First HD TV's I remember seeing for well over 5-6 grand in the mid to late 90's. So this like anything will be 500$ in 10 or so years.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Just as the PS3 played a key role in establishing Blu-ray and later 3D content, PlayStation 4 is expected to form part of Sony's plan to push 4K tech out to consumers.

PS4K? Unlikely.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:58 pm

The only way PS4 is 4k is if they bow out of the console race with another massive fail of overly expensive console and you can't survive that a second time. Most don't survive the first. PSP sld like shit @ 250$ when it came down in price sold better. PSV sells like shit because of price. PS3 sold like shit because of price. PS4 better keeps costs down or else Sony is out.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Whats sad is that they will probably still sell out the day they come out, simply because the richest of the rich have to have them to feel all hoity toity so when people come over everyone can drool and gawk and carry on about it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm

As soon as they go on sale I'll get one. If my guy get's a few cheap I'll flog them on here.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:33 am

Buying new technology in the very beginning of it's infancy is usually foolish. DVD is one thing, right out of the box that gave you higher quality movies by simply pushing standard def televisions to their limit (which had never been fully utilized with low resolution VHS or even laser disc) Like the original HDTV's however, this thing will be worthless without content designed for it and one might better wait until said content exists to buy a slightly more evolved, some what cheaper 4k tv. (Until then it will only serve the purpose of upscaling your current content into a blurry, fuzzy mess) And what is with calling it 4k? By that logic 1080p televisions are 2k TV's. I guess going with the horizontal number sounds more impressive. :lol:

Sony would be out of their mind if they thought they could make this work with the PS4, but they seem so high off their own fumes so as to believe their own bullshit at times. I had a look at Nvidia's hilarious $1000 video card on newegg the other day that takes not one, but two 8 pin power connectors and while it is the most powerful card a consumer can get their hands on, it can only manage most cutting edge games in 2560x1600 resolution. Bearing in mind that the PS3 can't even push 720p much of the time without upscaling, the idea that Sony is going to be pushing 4k on a system with a lower cost than it's predecessor is nothing more than a pipe dream at best.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 am

Sonikku is right. You're buying a TV that you will still only see 1080P at best to those who offer it but most channels are in 720P or a more compressed version in cable. None of them broadcast 4k resolutions. Buying one now is as stupid as saying my TV color but why is Casablanca still in black and white.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 am

Bluecast wrote: Sonikku is right. You're buying a TV that you will still only see 1080P at best to those who offer it but most channels are in 720P or a more compressed version in cable. None of them broadcast 4k resolutions. Buying one now is as stupid as saying my TV color but why is Casablanca still in black and white.

My grandad used to complain about that. Bought a new colour TV and everything still mostly broadcast black and white :lol:
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Return to Off Topic