The alcohol thread

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The alcohol thread

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm

I have become fond of whiskey and cognac lately. Mainly being crown royale, jack daniels, and hennessy. Hen is definitely my favorit from that list.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

^Crown is good. As far as liquor goes, this is my favorite:

Fucking MMMM, tastes great and gets you fucked up quick because of it. We always restock cause its the first thing to go.

QWERTY™ wrote: I'd heard a lot of good things about it but I struggled to enjoy myself there and it was fucking expensive. 20 euros for two pints of Guinness and two shots of tequila, extortionate! I was also told by the taxidriver from Dublin airport to the hotel that we'd have loads of crack there but none ever materialised. Good crack too, apparently.

Christ. I remember a Heineken in Amsterdam cost upwards to 8 euro on the streets. And the pint glasses were tiny.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:37 pm

^My mum tried that and loved it. It's so hard to find over here that it's about £15-20 for a small bottle.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Spokane » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 am

I have never had more than 1 alcoholic drink in a day (1 normal glass full,average sized bottle full of 5% liquor) thus I have never been drunk. (I'm 22 and 3 months about)

Didn't have my first drink until 3 months after my 21st also.

My favorites are Mike's Hard variants such as Mango Punch and Black Cherry. I also love and maybe it's my favorite, Blueberry Smirnoff. And I like Raspberry Smirnoff also.

The other day I had a Sangria at a mexican restaurant and loved it. I like margarita mix also.

Not a fan of beer. Just don't like the taste at all and don't care to drink it until I do have a taste for it. Unless someone can recommend me one even people who don't like it.

Wine.... Never really tried it. I guess Sangria has some in it though and I liked that.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby UnHoly Bible » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 am

Yeah, never get drunk if you haven't already. Feels great but not worth it really.

Oh also you're drinking like the most boring things you can possible drink eeeeeehehehe.
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby redline » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:17 am

Riku Rose wrote: [color=#00FF00]Your only an alcoholic if you need to have that beer. My dad goes weeks drinking at least one or two beers/ciders a day. Then he can go weeks drinking nothing and not feel the need for one at all. An alcoholic has to drink.

my dad's an recovering alcoholic, i do remember hiding under the dining room table quite a few times when i was young because he would give me a punch now and then.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 am

redline wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: Your only an alcoholic if you need to have that beer. My dad goes weeks drinking at least one or two beers/ciders a day. Then he can go weeks drinking nothing and not feel the need for one at all. An alcoholic has to drink.

my dad's an recovering alcoholic, i do remember hiding under the dining room table quite a few times when i was young because he would give me a punch now and then.

[color=#00BFFF]I know your pain. Not to hijack the topic or touch old subjects but my father was one also.Saldy he lost the battle.So I hope your dad can recover.I choose not to drink but ok being around a person that does as long as they are not drunk. Took me nearly 10 years to even get to that point. However to be somewhat more on topic. I want to learn to cook and will want to get cooking wines. I just don;t know where in SLC to get any
:P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby QWERTY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Bluecast wrote:I want to learn to cook and will want to get cooking wines. I just don;t know where in SLC to get any
:P

You don't need specific cooking wines for food. Just choose a fairly decent wine, although it doesn't have to be anything too fancy, and just remember white for white meat and red for red meat. It's down to you how much you put into your dish but best to add in small quantities and keep tasting as obviously if you throw in a whole load and it tastes too overpowering of alcohol then it's hard to get a dish back to how you want it to taste. Ales are fucking great with beef, as is cider with pork, and funnily enough slow boiling a nice ham in cherry coke is fucking delicious too. I haven't made it myself but was made it by an ex-housemate and it was amazing.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:48 pm

I hardly drink these days, though it's been getting more frequent recently. I'm a binge drinker, basically I only drink to get drunk when I go to the pub, but not (always) "smashed", where I'm bordering on liability and will probably be turned away at a few doors. I used to just buy vodka and diet Cokes and drink them pretty fast which would get me drunk quicker, then switch to a straight Glayva, which is sort of like a whiskey for poofs, in that it tastes sweet but is still strong enough to feel the vapour from when you drink it. Now my tolerance is lower, I tend to just start off on the Glayva and stick to it. If I follow that plan all night I can get off my face and wake up feeling fine!

Shots, I love Goldschlager. Like Sambuca too, but it gives me serious hangovers, so avoid it now.

Jim Beam tastes good and also doesn't give hangovers (unless you mix it - then it'll punish you mercilessly), but it fucks with my head too much nowadays. I drink it and it seems to go to my head, bypassing all the usual drunkenness giveaways that I feel with all other drinks. Before I know it, I'm talking so much shit it's unreal, and I still don't "feel" drunk. Eventually the whole bottle gets tanked, and I realise way too late that I've actually been drunk for ages.

Quite like wine these days, again, hardly ever drink it though.

Axm I don't think you have a "problem" with it, just that enjoy it too much. I used to be the same, would regularly go out and get drunk mid-week and get wrecked on the weekends. I thought it was a problem too, but, things changed and I had to do a lot more driving, so I stopped, just like that. That's when I knew it wasn't really a problem, I was just overindulging...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:15 pm

UnHoly Bible wrote: Yeah, never get drunk if you haven't already. Feels great but not worth it really.

Oh also you're drinking like the most boring things you can possible drink eeeeeehehehe.

What does it matter if I like it. That's the point.

Spokane has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Where I work, people frequently talk about getting wanting to get as absolutely drunk as possible, I feel sad for those people, since that's their very existence and that's literally all they talk about. I mean, I can understand wanting to go out for a drink to relax or just getting themselves drunk at a party of some kind, it happens, but to actively seek out a lifestyle that involves nothing but getting drunk? Pathetic existence. Like southcarmain and a couple of others on here, I don't drink, but when I do, it's normally a cider I'll go for. It tastes good and is still to this day, the only alcoholic drink I can safely say that about. When I was in college, I used to go out and get drunk all of the time, but realised it was a bit of a useless exercise that resulted in nothing but pain the next day and that was not enjoyable. And having seen the effects alcohol has had on people, it was enough to put me off. So yeah, I don't go out of my way to drink myself to oblivion like others where I am, do.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: QWERTY
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby QWERTY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Where I work, people frequently talk about getting wanting to get as absolutely drunk as possible, I feel sad for those people, since that's their very existence and that's literally all they talk about. I mean, I can understand wanting to go out for a drink to relax or just getting themselves drunk at a party of some kind, it happens, but to actively seek out a lifestyle that involves nothing but getting drunk? Pathetic existence. Like southcarmain and a couple of others on here, I don't drink, but when I do, it's normally a cider I'll go for. It tastes good and is still to this day, the only alcoholic drink I can safely say that about. When I was in college, I used to go out and get drunk all of the time, but realised it was a bit of a useless exercise that resulted in nothing but pain the next day and that was not enjoyable. And having seen the effects alcohol has had on people, it was enough to put me off. So yeah, I don't go out of my way to drink myself to oblivion like others where I am, do.

I'm in the middle of this. Everyone I work with always go to the same fucking dive, every weekend, without fail. This is why they think I'm unsociable. The reason why I don't go there is because it's a cheap dive. I would much rather pay the extra on each drink to be in a much more pleasant atmosphere than be surrounded by similar reprobates that want to get as pissed as possible quicker than anyone else. Don't get me wrong, I like, nay love getting pissed, but I think the main thing about it is the journey there. I like to remember all the conversations I have with people and all the anecdotes that I have exchanged. I'm lucky in that the friends I have outside of work are exactly the same as me, and that is why we can drink through to the next to day on the majority of times because a: I always find them interesting (and vice versa) and b: they're fackin' heavyweights (but without being complete cunts).

QWERTY has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 pm

How often do you go out drinking?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: How often do you go out drinking?

Give this man a lot of Fosters
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby QWERTY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: How often do you go out drinking?

Moi?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic