Post a PM

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Post a PM

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Sonikku wrote: Ryudo it is not appropriate to argue with other members over what you think is a rule violation. We are regular members now. If you feel QWERTY has violated one of the rules, you can report the post to the staff so they can take a look at it and determine if action on their end is necessary. After you do that, consider your job is done. Nothing more is to be gained from that point in further back and forth.

I did report his posts and the most action I have seen is just a mod thanking your post. But no action taken.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Holy shit man, stop actin like Randall from Recess. And the amount of times you've been mentioning self esteem recently sounds like a cry for help. If that's so, get some. Nobody on here's a qualified shrink as far as I'm aware.

As for me posting PMs... DEFINITELY not a good idea.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Bluecast
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mue 26 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Topic: OL

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 pm
To: Riku Rose
Is he Japanese?

:lol:
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Sonikku wrote: Ryudo it is not appropriate to argue with other members over what you think is a rule violation. We are regular members now. If you feel QWERTY has violated one of the rules, you can report the post to the staff so they can take a look at it and determine if action on their end is necessary. After you do that, consider your job is done. Nothing more is to be gained from that point in further back and forth.

I did report his posts and the most action I have seen is just a mod thanking your post. But no action taken.

So until the staff make a determination, what more do you think you can accomplish here personally? Do you believe QWERTY will potentially be persuaded by your opinion to back off? That seems unlikely. Will you continue to argue your message until one of you is banned? I don't want to see that happen. I haven't familiarized myself with all the technicalities of the rules lately, so I cannot say one way or the other if a rule is being broken here (perhaps I should brush up) But either way, you are not helping yourself, or anyone else here with further escalation. You've reported the post and stated your case. Until the mods confer, take a step back and give them time to make their determination.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: mue 26
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Sonikku I left the subject and your doing the same thing I was doing trying to regulate how people should act. You're no mod either. So I dropped the subject and you revived it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:26 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:

As for me posting PMs... DEFINITELY not a good idea.

:lol:

Yep can't share my PM' either.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Sonikku » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Bluecast wrote: Sonikku I left the subject and your doing the same thing I was doing trying to regulate how people should act. You're no mod either. So I dropped the subject and you revived it.

I was not attempting to regulate how people act. I was trying to ask you to reconsider action that might incline Peter to suspend your account because I don't want to see that happen. I spoke for your sake, not anyone elses. But if you let it go while I was responding to you, all the better.

For my own entry.

Yama wrote:Topic: Psssst
Sent: Mon Jul 25, 2012 9:31 pm
To: Sonikku

So MiTT3NZ tells me you're the one to see around here for getting a Cleveland Steamer.

Interested?

message may or may not be factual.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Cleveland Steamer

:???:
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm

See South Park the movie....
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Love the little disclaimer there. Cleveland steamer = shitting on chest.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:49 pm

mue 26 wrote:
Cleveland Steamer

:???:

Don't be judging Yama and Mittens. [-X We all have our kinks.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Beedle wrote:
Topic: Homeopathy
Sent: Mon Jul 25, 2012 9:31 pm
To: Mue 26

Just wanted to let you know that I agree with what you said about homeopathy. It does work. I just can't admit it in public, I have the reputation of a witty cynic to uphold after all.

Love ya mate

Sorry beeds, I had to out ya mate.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Bluecast wrote:

I'm less of an "enforcement" mod, and almost more of an honorary one. I use mod tools whenever I see it as necessary, and since I'm obviously not the type to abuse them, Yama was nice enough to let me keep those capabilities.
Simply as a member of the forums though, I agree with Sonikku. Report a post, PM a mod, all of the above if you have a problem with something that's been posted. Saying "I'm telling on you" probably isn't the wisest way to avoid arguments, and you ought to know that. And as a side-note, telling someone "I left the subject alone, but you're the one that brought it back up" does not count as leaving the subject alone.
I think this topic will likely end up locked just based on the concept alone, but I'll leave that to the other mods in case there's some reason it should stay open.
@QWERTY, calling people names is clearly against the rules. It feels kind of "elementary school" that anyone could even be bickering about that, considering we're all adults, but it's against the rules still. So unless it's all in the form of friendly, mutual jabs (which this obviously isn't), it needs to be cut out right now.

I'm shaking my head while sighing as I type this. It feels like, as I said, elementary school.
Dammit kids, quit the damn tattling and name-calling, or so help me I'll call your parents!
Teh intranetz-------->Serious business.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Sonikku
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Found some old ones...

ban

Sent: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 pm
I am joining your Edge ban, just to let you know.

Name change

Sent: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:33 am
I would like you to change your name to something else that excludes "nigger". You got a day to change this or I'll issue a warning. If you end up banned again then it's going to be permanent.

So much for that last sentence...!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Boring vs Boring

Sent: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:13 pm
(As you have noticed, I stopped talking to you as to Riku. I'm treating you like somebody that I don't know and don't want to know, somebody with a clean slate that has been told the basics of using an internet forum. I will continue to refer to you like that for the rest of my SD experience. Thanks for you input. Have a nice day.)

dorian

Sent: Wed May 04, 2011 3:31 am
is banned
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic