Robocop

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Robocop

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:07 am

Pics in link

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94813

Directed by Jose Padilha, the August 9, 2013 release co-stars Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, and Samuel L. Jackson, as well as Abbie Cornish, Jackie Earle Haley, Michael K. Williams, Jay Baruchel, Jennifer Ehle, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste. From Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and Columbia Pictures, the film was written by Josh Zetumer and Nick Schenk, based on the 1987 motion picture written by Edward Neumeier & Michael Miner. The film is produced by Marc Abraham and Eric Newman, with Bill Carraro serving as executive producer.

In RoboCop, the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy (Kinnaman) is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Looks more Batman than Robocop.
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: The new Robocop suit

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:12 am

I like the design but it looks plain with no color scheme. It just looks like.....Batman without ears.

Hopefully there is more to be seen in the final version as sometimes post production is everything.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: OL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 am

Martin has received 2 thanks from: Brothaman, Who Really Cares?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:39 am

Just noticed the human hand.....why?
They better have some CG up their sleeve for this thing or else it's just going to look like a Ironbatman
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:25 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
...the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy (Kinnaman) is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Looks more Batman than Robocop.

Batman?! It just occurred to me that Deus Ex: Human Revolution quietly got away with being Robocop the whole time.

The game is set in 2027, at a time when multinational corporations have grown in power beyond the control of national governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the newly hired security director at Sarif Industries, a growing biotechnology firm. After terrorists brutally attack Sarif's Detroit-based headquarters, the mortally wounded Jensen is forced to undergo radical life-saving surgeries that replace large areas of his body with advanced prostheses. Returning to work, he becomes embroiled in the global politics of the human enhancement movement in the search for those responsible for the attack. A central theme to the game is the rise of corporations in globalization, espionage, human survival, poverty and the ethics of advancing humans with artificial replacements for body parts.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Martin
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:44 am

Good point, Keebs! Needless to say, I don't like the look of this new RoboCop already. Loved the original film.

Martin has received a thanks from: KiBa
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:38 am

Seems he will have various forms during the movie so this is not the only design.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 am

There's actually a few references to RoboCop in DE:HR. As for the suit though, I honestly don't think it needed changing. Didn't need a reboot anyway, woulda made more sense to go the Terminator route and kick-off a new series set in the same universes (with multiple RoboCops!)

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: KiBa
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Looks kinda like Judge Dred meets batman.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Reading the details on this it almost reads as Iron Man rather than Robocop. Omnicorp has military drones and such and once Alex is injured they make a suit for him. I'm with others that 1987 film does not need to be remade but willing to give this a shot. I remembered many me included cried foul over Jokers reveal for TDK. Turned out perfect. These leaks rare do justice to final versions. However I will say the new Ed 209 design kinda lame. Old one IMO is better. Also the new one seems to have a bunch of Jet drones. I just hope they don't make this PG 13. Robocop needs to be rated R. It needs the swearing and the graphics violence and gore. Other wise it would be another sci fi of a guy in a suit. I will give this a fair chance but considering Hollywood's history recently with most remakes,I'm not expecting big things.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Gone past caring about this shit nowadays. No matter how much bitching, whining or unleasment of caps lock fury you do, there's no point getting vexed until you see it in its entirety. Reserve judgement innit.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

I wasn't bitching tho...and that's what I said. Give it a chance. :???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Bluecast wrote: I wasn't bitching tho...and that's what I said. Give it a chance. :???:

I was talking in general, dude. No matter what happens, I'll be surprised if this turns out to bear any semblance of decency as a cinematic thrill as much as the original going by the rumours of all the crap the director has dealt with already. Whatever comes from this, we still have the original.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: OL
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Martin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yuaUCKFII[/youtube]

Martin has received 3 thanks from: Axm, KiBa, Who Really Cares?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 am

My main problem with this new version is that I'm afraid they're trying to make something serious and generic out of it. The black, plated suit suggests as much. The original movie is great because it's camp and knows it, and the internal contrast with the serious questions raised makes it all the more meaningful and fun, like Starship Troopers, which was the same director. Batman: The Animated Series also did this, and that is why it is still well-loved. I'm not saying a completely serious Blade Runner-like type of Robocop movie can't be done (I think that would be great too), but the trade-off in that case ought to be a unique visual style, like transforming the setting into a fully developed cyberpunk metropolis. The point is, you've got to do something to stimulate the imagination in order to really entertain people. By far, the most forgettable thing you can do is make it into a non-funny generic action movie that takes place in a more or less contemporary setting devoid of any noir style elements and interesting characters. Combine that with a generic musical score and bland CGI, and there's just no way it will live as long as its 1987 father.

Also, the original suit design was fantastic because it looked like fantasy geometric robotics. I don't see the new design above seeming like much more than body armor. The original was much more sleek and convincing as a cyborg form, being narrower at the waist, with visible joints, etc. And silver is way better than
black.

I don't know if this is good or bad:

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/0 ... n-robocop/

KiBa has received a thanks from: Martin
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Next

Return to Off Topic