Yu Suzuki should be ashamed of himself!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamed of himself!

Postby ys » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Hehe, welcome guys ;) And often people also assumed that I was about 6-7 years younger than I actually am. It ws always interesting to see someone at work pull the "I'm older and more experienced" card until I actually told that I was a couple of years older than him. Anyway, Yu Suzuki right?

ys has received a thanks from: redline
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Superrayman3 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Personally I don't think Yu Suzuki should be ashamed of himself because he really wants to make Shenmue III (and that fact will never change) if anything SEGA are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves for being a bunch of dicks towards the fans and disregarding the feelings of those who actually care about this series.

Superrayman3 has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby Tred » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm

We don't know the full story to be fair. Yu might of brought it up numerous times over the years for all we know but kept getting shot down. And of course, you don't publicly speak out against your employer - unless what there doing is illegal of course. I do think he could and should of interacted with the fans a bit more though.
Tred
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Superrayman3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Tred wrote: We don't know the full story to be fair.
We may not know the full story but I think it's safe to say given all that's happened over the years we have a pretty good idea as to what the full story is.
Tred wrote:Yu might of brought it up numerous times over the years for all we know but kept getting shot down.
There's no question in my mind that he has brought it up numerous times in the past, Yu understands completely how Shenmue fans feel about the series and he shares the same passion for the series that we do, if he didn't care he would've given up on the Shenmue series a long time ago but the fact that he hasn't really shows that he's just as serious about completing the franchise now as he was years ago.
Tred wrote:And of course, you don't publicly speak out against your employer - unless what there doing is illegal of course.
Pretty much, speaking out against your employer is usually not a really good idea unless something happens that warrants it which isn't the case in this situation.
Tred wrote:I do think he could and should of interacted with the fans a bit more though.
I'm pretty sure there were legal reasons Yu couldn't interact with Shenmue fans more than he has.
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby south carmain » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 am

you should be ashamed of yourself for making this dumb thread
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:57 am

loool seemed like a giant troll to me
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:24 am

^ I wish, some of the shenmue fanbase are beyond stupid, some of the people on 500k are beyond belief #-o
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 am

south carmain wrote:some of the people on 500k are beyond belief #-o

You'll get that in a group that tries to welcome and educate members at all stages of fandom. No one gets more frustrated than me at having to repeat the same myth-busting replies to each excitable newcomer who's caught a distorted whiff of the HD rumor, but I'd rather do that and help them contribute from an informed perspective than just write these people off as know-nothing n00bs. A fanbase will never unite in positive, useful action while it's busy categorizing and belittling its own components.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby south carmain » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
south carmain wrote:some of the people on 500k are beyond belief #-o

You'll get that in a group that tries to welcome and educate members at all stages of fandom. No one gets more frustrated than me at having to repeat the same myth-busting replies to each excitable newcomer who's caught a distorted whiff of the HD rumor, but I'd rather do that and help them contribute from an informed perspective than just write these people off as know-nothing n00bs. A fanbase will never unite in positive, useful action while it's busy categorizing and belittling its own components.

nah it's fine when they're just ignorant but when they make bullshit statements and forward them as undisputed facts it kind of gets on my nerves, mainly because then a load of people start believing them and it causes a chain reaction
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:39 am

like the trol who said to expect something on the 29th of november, or another one stating that he has some 'source' who knows the release date. Why does he even waste his breath on spewing that kinda BS
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am

Sega should be ashamed of making shitty Sonic games
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am

south carmain wrote:nah it's fine when they're just ignorant but when they make bullshit statements and forward them as undisputed facts it kind of gets on my nerves, mainly because then a load of people start believing them and it causes a chain reaction

Yokosuka Martian wrote: like the trol who said to expect something on the 29th of november, or another one stating that he has some 'source' who knows the release date. Why does he even waste his breath on spewing that kinda BS

Those 'uns do wind me up something chronic, yes. At least the Nintendo troll here at the Dojo gave us a mildly entertaining wild goose chase.

Are you both regulars in the group then? What names would I know you by? Or you can PM me if you don't want them to be public on here.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't mind. My profile link is under me avatar. That's the one that subscribed to the page
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Ahh! Good to be able to make the connection. I'm James (with the grayscale profile pic), if you hadn't already realized.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Haaahaha, nooope I actually had no idea. Well I'm the one with the pinned up wall-post. Funny seeing you here James
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III