Where did Henry Go?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Where did Henry Go?

Postby ys » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:12 pm

I understand what you mean. About mods, there are other guys who hang around here often enough so it should not be a problem to find a replacement IF we really need one. What surprised me most in this thread was the negative post by Peter actually. I'm just used to positive ones from him about Shenmue and this place.

Sidenote : Now that you mention LanDC, I vote for him as mod just for the hell of it. Like some honorary title people get at universities for earlier achievements. It's not like actually being here has always been mandatory as a mod during the Dojo's history :P

ys has received a thanks from: Martin
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Went about that the wrong way. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Thief on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thief has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:43 pm

LAMEWAD wrote: I can understand why he's left, if he's left. This place has become a place I don't really want to post at any longer, which if fine because all of my recent posts have been pointless shit. I like a lot of people here, but I can't stay.

Peter wrote:Various personalities that linger around here that i just cant stand anymore, i fear posts will become less and less.

You shouldn't be a mod. I had a complaint and all you could say about it was that I'm a Ryudo supporter so "of course I'd say that". Then you ignored me. Fuck you.

All I had to say, goodbye.

I wonder if this post and Lamewads will be deleted. Have had it happen. Also had similar PM PM's like the other day I asked him something he said no which is fine and fair. Then went in some big tirade about the past and called me a douche. Whatever. He has a bit of a snarky attitude recently. Maybe he needs a breather as well. Pete used to be a real polite guy.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Not going to argue just stop trying to bring this up. End of. Topic is about Henry.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:45 pm

I never had a problem with Henry personally.

Wherever he is, I hope he is doing well.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

QWERTY™ wrote: I think Who Really Cares and Kenny would make good mods.

MiTT3NZ wrote: WRC'd be a gudden.

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, wude
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby KiBa » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 pm

LAMEWAD wrote: I can understand why he's left, if he's left. This place has become a place I don't really want to post at any longer, which if fine because all of my recent posts have been pointless shit. I like a lot of people here, but I can't stay.

Peter wrote:Various personalities that linger around here that i just cant stand anymore, i fear posts will become less and less.

You shouldn't be a mod. I had a complaint and all you could say about it was that I'm a Ryudo supporter so "of course I'd say that". Then you ignored me. Fuck you.

All I had to say, goodbye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYFqESd-SQI&t=01m43s

QWERTY™ wrote:
KiBa wrote: Yeah, his brother "rescued" him in his helicopter.

Don't you mean his "half brother"?

Are you suggesting that either Prince William, or Prince Harry, was not fathered by Prince Charles?

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Martin
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Kiba for President
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Martin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 am

Sucks about Henry. I'm sure he has his reasons, but it would only have taken a moment for him to tell us he's going at least (even if he didn't want to say why). I'm sure he'll be back, one day.

As for who should replace him in a moderator-capacity (nobody could replace Henry!), does he actually need replacing? As far as I can tell these boards don't exactly bustle with extreme activity. I don't even know who the mods are, other than Peter. He's always about, and is probably enough by himself (correct me if I'm wrong, Peter).

Let the uppers pick, as all this "so-and-so should do it" just comes off as being too chicken-shit to say you want to be a mod, underhanded etc. To me it does, anyway. If they need another mod, they'll choose one. If not, they won't.

KiBa wrote:
LAMEWAD wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYFqESd-SQI&t=01m43s

Are you suggesting that either Prince William, or Prince Harry, was not fathered by Prince Charles?

:lol: Perfect description of how we seem to get ourselves tied up in knots, sometimes.

Oh, and James Hewitt owes a lot in child support. That's all I'm saying.

Bluecast wrote:But in all honestly being a mod is draining esp if you do it too long and you lose your damn mind and sense being if you care too much **COUGH**. I think that is why Yama does little to no moderating himself. Might help keep his own sanity.

Eh come on, it can't be that difficult. Make sure people follow the rules, which at the 'Dojo I'm guessing simply means; making sure people's little rucks don't turn into all-out forum war (preferably by extinguishing the flames as soon as you notice them start), moving topics posted in the wrong area, merging stuff that doesn't need to be separate, and finally by keeping an eye out for bots and other undesirables which only join up to advertise things.

Amirite?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:36 am

But after 8 years and you have heavy personal problems and don't want to let go of a little power..you go a little mad :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:59 am

Henry told me why he isn't coming back. Has nothing to do with anything here. Something very serious happened to him. Not sure I should say what. However this is a very very very tough time for him.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Martin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 am

Well, then we'll see him when we see him. All the best, Henry.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Sonikku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 am

Martin wrote:Eh come on, it can't be that difficult. Make sure people follow the rules, which at the 'Dojo I'm guessing simply means; making sure people's little rucks don't turn into all-out forum war (preferably by extinguishing the flames as soon as you notice them start), moving topics posted in the wrong area, merging stuff that doesn't need to be separate, and finally by keeping an eye out for bots and other undesirables which only join up to advertise things.

Amirite?

Becoming mod can carry a brief elation, though it is shortly lived. It can fracture friendships, as well as the way people you never had a problem with personally look at you. There comes a point were the fatigue from having to be "the decider" in matters of unending drama can take their toll. And it's never the black and white situations that are complicated, it's the thousands of shades of gray in between. There will be times when your knee-jerk reaction to snot faced members trying to call you out leaves you wanting to bop them in the nose, but you can't. A mod always has to be above fanning the flames of drama and has to be reserved in their responses. I think being given a mod title can be associated with prestige, or it being an honor in most regulars minds. But at the end of the day, putting out fires and taking flack for doing so can gradually over the years make you a little bitter to the point where there is no such "status" with being a mod any more, it's only worth it if you really love the community and want to help keep it healthy even if people come to resent you for doing so. The effect is subtle over time I suppose, but it is cumulative, like a snow ball effect. Think of it as being Batman, only not as cool. :P
Last edited by Sonikku on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am

I went from Batman to Penguin quickly :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 am

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

:lol:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic