Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Postby Yama » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

I'd rather see Terry of Yokosuka, cause you know... he means what he says.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Just gunna leave this here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc[/youtube]

Arigatou gozaimasu.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:16 pm

hahah i was just playing that. He can whoop Chuck Norris' ass anyday
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 pm

He was never put in a fighting game because no one would win. They give up just knowing he is there. Instead you got a car to fight
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Yama wrote: I'd rather see Terry of Yokosuka, cause you know... he means what he says.

You a tough little schoolboy?

Ryudo wrote:He was never put in a fighting game because no one would win. They give up just knowing he is there. Instead you got a car to fight

He'd one shot everyone in fighters Megamix
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Ziming » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

Segata Sanshiro is played by Hiroshi Fujioka who just happens to voice Iwao Hazuki. ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfMMXuGtdp0[/youtube]

Ziming has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am

Seriously theres one spot left and Ryo is just edging out with over 300 more votes needed. Was there an email sent out to all registered members? If Ryo doesnt make the third spot, i honestly dont know why Sega would even bother to look into any sort of future for the Shenmue franchise. If they cant get 1000 measly votes for Ryo to appear in a game, how does that reflect on possible sales figures of future Shenmue related games.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Ziming » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 am

Peter wrote: Seriously theres one spot left and Ryo is just edging out with over 300 more votes needed. Was there an email sent out to all registered members? If Ryo doesnt make the third spot, i honestly dont know why Sega would even bother to look into any sort of future for the Shenmue franchise. If they cant get 1000 measly votes for Ryo to appear in a game, how does that reflect on possible sales figures of future Shenmue related games.

I've asked Yama before if the mass email worked on these boards. He said its a 50/50 chance. What we need is a popular Youtube channel/personality asking gamers to vote for Ryo.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am

Is anyone financially secure to say give people more incentive? Vote and ave a chance to win a free copy of the game?

Ziming wrote:
Peter wrote: Seriously theres one spot left and Ryo is just edging out with over 300 more votes needed. Was there an email sent out to all registered members? If Ryo doesnt make the third spot, i honestly dont know why Sega would even bother to look into any sort of future for the Shenmue franchise. If they cant get 1000 measly votes for Ryo to appear in a game, how does that reflect on possible sales figures of future Shenmue related games.

I've asked Yama before if the mass email worked on these boards. He said its a 50/50 chance. What we need is a popular Youtube channel/personality asking gamers to vote for Ryo.

Happy Console Gamer
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am

I sent it out along with the news update, though sadly the phpbb mass email function is lacking. Rarely has ever worked correctly on any of my forums.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

Sent HCG a message PM on Youtube. Had him reply there before. Here's hoping. Maybe he can at the very least spread the link to his forums with Peter Door and such.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Peter
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am

I quite honestly don't relate the hype over Ryo in this game directly to Shenmue III Peter, it's a stretch to say the least.

For one, the novelty of it all has already been had in the first game, so it's hardly a groundbreaking appearance and instead more of the same. Second, the game itself is not garnering any massive hype, so Ryo's inclusion in such a title is hardly pertinent. Lastly, if there were a legitimate petition with any type of official backing in regards to Shenmue III, you can be sure you'd have hundreds of times more support.

While your view point on why this may matter for the series is somewhat valid, the majority doesn't see it that way hence why the backing you're hoping for is simply not there. In fact, I think most are turned off at this point begging and pleading for anything Shenmue, it feels somewhat demeaning. It's especially hurtful when it isn't even directly tied to the series, but a racing game and simply DLC at that.

All I'm saying is worry not, it's not as serious as it seems. The hype is just not there, in no way does that describe the potential hype that would in fact be there for Shenmue III or the like.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 am

Maybe, but it will lend some weight to the franchise if Ryo is included in another game thats been released to the public. I hate to be pessimistic, but as life on the current gen comes to a close, i become more negative that we will see Shenmue DLC for the 360/PS3. If they did get it developed in time (if Sega have even commissioned it), then it would be Shenmue II DC PAL all over again, releasing it on a console thats at the end of its tether. An extension of that again is no Shenmue news at all, years go by, and this place struggles to even talk about what it exists for. Things like this keep Shenmue conversations alive which is greatly needed around here.

But even on the face of it, if there is a poll going on for Ryo Hazuki to appear in a game, then as the self proclaimed number 1 Shenmue fan site, then we should be on this. If we hang the sign above the door, we should be following it through. Heavily. If we dont push this, who will? If there is no hype, does that mean people dont care about Shenmue in the now, or in the future? When people think of Shenmue, is it just for nostalgia and rembering the past? If they do then they may as well admit that they consider the franchise dead. Ryo in this game, will not result in Shenmue III, but it shows there is an interest in him. It shows even more that theres an interest in him with this poll because there as no way to gauge the number of sales of the original game to Ryos inclusion or exclusion. But this vote gauges the interest of Ryo specifically. There is a difference in saying "Ryo is in the game because the developers like Shenmue", and "Ryo is in this game because of the overwhelming demand from the fans of Shenmue". It may not result in anything major, but for all the campaigning that has went on over the years, and all the talk of making yourselves noticed. All the petition signing for franchise revival? Here it is.

I know this wont resul in something major happening, thats not the point i am getting at. What i feel is important is that here we have a development studio right, who after a profitable game release, we can assume has a goos working relationship with Sega, saying that they cannot garuntee the top 3 of a poll will appear as DLC characters, but what they will do after a period of 2 weeks is present the results to Sega. Now if the top 3 are Miku, Segata and and Ryo, then Sega will have been shown that the fan support for any character from any of their franchises lies with Ryo. Miku isnt Segas property, and Segata isnt even a character from a game. But he is also Iwao Hazuki. I just feel its a proper opportunity to make a statement to Sega which we will have seen, can be measured for a change. Its sure as hell better than any capsule posting campaign, and at the very worst, if Sumo can help it, there will be a little reward at the end of it with Ryo being included in another game.

Sorry for the rant, but thats how strongly i feel about Shenmue. You all know that.

Peter has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:03 am

Anything to show SEGA the interest is there.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates