Shenmue Anime

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue Anime

Postby nskachu » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello Dojo-Community,

No idea if there's already such a Thread. Imagine a Shenmue Anime drawn like for example Death Note or Detective Conan. This style would fit, I think. How would you like it? Would you want it to have the Story-line of Shenmue the Movie or even more? Or maybe some changes? There are so many possibilities to make such an anime awesome.

In my opinion there should be at least 50 episodes of the first to games. I mean, animes are popular and this would sell well. the story is very emotional so that wouldn't be a problem. Action is of course included (batlles and qte s of the game). music's already awesome. script and story are already there. So an anime would be just the right thing.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Re: Shenmue Anime

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't like the idea of Shenmue as anime. I know this sounds odd and hard for me to explain but feel it would lose a lot of atmosphere and immersion as an animated piece. Some atmosphere and immersion can be kept ina CG or live produced series/film. None will compare to the interactivity of a game but lose so much detail and realism of the cities and environments when it's just a cartoon. Look I like anime and some good anime with atmosphere and great stories. I just don;t personally see Shenmue fitting to well into it. Shenmue is meant to be very realistic and very vibrant. Very Busy. Having let's say outlines people in the distant background not moving just loses it for me. Then the anime thing like say when Fenmei(sp?) feaks out for looking like a cat. They would do the angry lines huge mouth white teetch crazy big eye then head gets huge as she yells. That kinda stuff. At the very least keep it CG.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:26 am

Well, I would like to see them get the Japanese voice cast and get the music back if that is possible. But anyway, I prefer the game experience because you can project yourself through the character trying to explore the environment and trying to figure how to do the moves, etc.
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Rakim » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 am

I'd love to see Shenmue done as an anime or J-Drama. But only as a supplement to, rather than in the absence of, new games. As long as its just a side project for hardcore fans and not the main attraction a crazy silly anime version of the story could be fantastic.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby nskachu » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:18 am

Rakim wrote: I'd love to see Shenmue done as an anime or J-Drama. But only as a supplement to, rather than in the absence of, new games. As long as its just a side project for hardcore fans and not the main attraction a crazy silly anime version of the story could be fantastic.

Yup, i thought about it as a side project, too.

@ryudo
i know what you mean, but it doesn't have to be one of those chibi swett-like animes. the given example of death note is a realistic anime that wants you to know more. the environments are not that detailed, yeah. but as something next to the games (not as the main thing) it would kinda be awesome to watch.

@ryohazuki
yes, the game would be a whole different experience. but the anime should be like the shenmue movie just as an anime including shenmue 2.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am

It'd be nice to have one-off episodes that look into side-stories and follow the characters beyond the games (Joy's connection to Gui-Zhang, Nozomi returning to Canada, Goro and Mai's marriage, Noriko and Kurita's relationship, etc.) Anything other than that and no. And it should have English dub. I'm not a big fan of anime, and any that has subs only can kiss my clean-shaved ballsack and tell me how it tastes.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yama » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 pm

I'll say this much, if Shenmue III never gets to see the light of day, I'd take the story in just about any way possible and anime wouldn't be last on the list.

Yama has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Fuck that, it's a game or nothing. Even if it's reduced to just walking, talking, and the occasional QTE. If it was released as an anime series, film, comic, book... fuck that shit!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:56 am

Blue pretty much nailed it.Having it in any other form would take away what makes Shenmue special.But if there was no other choice then I'm down for whatever.Whether it's a book,movie or anime.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby R3N » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 pm

There is already a shenmue anime
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFZ1CZbwX0[/youtube]

Also Check this post
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35914

I made a post about this but could not find it.
Anyway in that anime there is a Gui Zhang

, Lan Di and There is even the battle scene from shenmue 2!

Since shenmue was basically the story of young Akira but changed some aspect latter.
This anime is almost exactly how a shenmue anime would be like.
Ryo character would totally be changed and made into an idiot like most animes to increase views or something.
Also watch Street Fighter anime too Ryu there has almost same personality as Akira in this anime and he dress just like Ryo Hazuki... Also he uses Elbow move too..

R3N has received a thanks from: redline
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mrslig100 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 am

I don't like the idea of Shenmue as anime. I know this sounds odd and hard for me to explain but feel it would lose a lot of atmosphere and immersion as an animated piece. Some atmosphere and immersion can be kept ina CG or live produced series/film. None will compare to the interactivity of a game but lose so much detail and realism of the cities and environments when it's just a cartoon. Look I like anime and some good anime with atmosphere and great stories. I just don;t personally see Shenmue fitting to well into it. Shenmue is meant to be very realistic and very vibrant. Very Busy. Having let's say outlines people in the distant background not moving just loses it for me. Then the anime thing like say when Fenmei(sp?) feaks out for looking like a cat. They would do the angry lines huge mouth white teetch crazy big eye then head gets huge as she yells. That kinda stuff. At the very least keep it CG.

Well I was gonna say something similar but ive been beaten to it.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby KiBa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:41 pm

I could make a good one. I'd only trust the people who made Monster to make a good one too. But I'd still want the game instead.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Ziming
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Ziming » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm

KiBa wrote: I could make a good one. I'd only trust the people who made Monster to make a good one too. But I'd still want the game instead.

This is the absolute only way Shenmue could work in anime form.

Ziming has received a thanks from: KiBa
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 am

KiBa wrote: I could make a good one. I'd only trust the people who made Monster to make a good one too. But I'd still want the game instead.

That's a great point about Monster. I see a lot of similarities between the two. But I agree, Shenmue should only be a game. I can only see manga, anime or anything non-game as very brief shorts that may supplement the story or something. The manga or whatever telling the story of Chapter 2 comes to mind.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm

R3N wrote: There is already a shenmue anime
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFZ1CZbwX0[/youtube]

Also Check this post
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35914

I made a post about this but could not find it.
Anyway in that anime there is a Gui Zhang

, Lan Di and There is even the battle scene from shenmue 2!

Since shenmue was basically the story of young Akira but changed some aspect latter.
This anime is almost exactly how a shenmue anime would be like.
Ryo character would totally be changed and made into an idiot like most animes to increase views or something.
Also watch Street Fighter anime too Ryu there has almost same personality as Akira in this anime and he dress just like Ryo Hazuki... Also he uses Elbow move too..

I have the entire VF anime on DVD and if Shenmue ever turns into that, I'll flip a shit.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: R3N
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Next

Return to Shenmue III