Outdated daily things we take for granted

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Outdated daily things we take for granted

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm

In our daily lives there are things we just take as normal but some are from a era that is very sexist/racist or incorrect. Does not have to deal with these things however. Can be an issue with a parking meter or a law still in effect from maybe 1840.

I will start.

Bailiffs in courtroom if women I see are often forced to wear skirts as uniform code. I find that from another age where men were defined in pants as men and women were defined in dress as women. Mormon church while I stand up for it often I still don't agree that women have to wear a skirt to church or a business owned by them like the Deseret news. Pants are co-ed these days.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Outdated daily things we take for granted

Postby Strikeout » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm

circumcision in jewish and islamic religion, no one have the right to hurt a young baby except it is needed (medical reasons)

no i'm no racist but this is not correct.

Strikeout has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, wude
Strikeout
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Ryudo wrote: Bailiffs in courtroom if women I see are often forced to wear skirts as uniform code. I find that from another age where men were defined in pants as men and women were defined in dress as women.

Start a petition

I find the very definition of what is "smart" attire to be outdated. There's just no need for the shirt and tie combo to exist in the 21st century. It's one of those things that each generation inherits and accepts as normal because everyone else is doing it, despite its increasingly apparent absurdity. Maybe I'll start a petition myself.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Rakim » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 pm

I don't understand how you, or anyone, is taking that for granted. The phrase implies that there is a deserved appreciation that whatever the subject at hand maybe, is not getting from you or whoever.

I also have to question the sanity of someone opposed to women being women and wearing skirts. Less pantsuits and more kawaii goddamnit!

This message brought to you by sexy Taiwanese model:
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:10 pm

^ She looks about 12 :???:

Strikeout wrote: circumcision in jewish and islamic religion, no one have the right to hurt a young baby except it is needed (medical reasons)

no i'm no racist but this is not correct.

It's a good thing your not German or else I'd have to question your sentiments on Semitism...oh....shit...

:P Sorry for the bad joke #-o , but your decision to preemptively declare your not a Nazi in a previous thread made this hard to resist....we're not being had are we...?

But seriously, on that point I completely agree with you. It doesn't quite seem fair to force circumcision on a unwitting baby. Seriously, it's now illegal to dock the tails or crop the ears of dogs in the UK...why is not illegal to dock the foreskin of innocent unconsenting babies!?

I don't understand how you, or anyone, is taking that for granted. The phrase implies that there is a deserved appreciation that whatever the subject at hand maybe, is not getting from you or whoever.

:lol: Seriously, this thread has just made me realize how long I've taken the forced dressed code of female public servants for granted. Good shit it is. In fact I've now become disgusted by the realisation that our female police officers don't also have to wear skirts. Take those pants off woman! :P :P (Pardon my misogynistic humour Sonikku..and any other female lurkers we may have)

I find the very definition of what is "smart" attire to be outdated. There's just no need for the shirt and tie combo to exist in the 21st century. It's one of those things that each generation inherits and accepts as normal because everyone else is doing it, despite its increasingly apparent absurdity. Maybe I'll start a petition myself.

This a million times. But I'd probably go a little further and suggest that any kind of "smart" dress code is entirely foolish. Why not let people wear whatever it is they want to wear for a day in the office, a job interview, or a date in court? It's ridiculous and completely shallow and irrelevant unless it's for any crucially practical reason. It's prejudice.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:16 pm

mue 26 wrote: ^ She looks about 12 :???:

Probably said about every female Asian ever posted on SD & HD & Ryo's place :lol:

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 pm

What are you saying? That Shenmue fans have a taste for the conspicuously young looking asian? :P
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Maybe. Or Maybe we just say it too often. Maybe both.Maybe she's born with it maybe it's Maybelline

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 pm

mue 26 wrote:

:lol: Seriously, this thread has just made me realize how long I've taken the forced dressed code of female public servants for granted. Good shit it is. In fact I've now become disgusted by the realisation that our female police officers don't also have to wear skirts. Take those pants off woman! :P :P (Pardon my misogynistic humour Sonikku..and any other female lurkers we may have)

On the contrary, I have half a mind to take my pants off and I'm not even a public servant. :oops:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiBa » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 am

1. Circumcision is good. It lowers the risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease and cancer. It developed among civilizations with ancient memory, for the purpose of cleanliness, like traditions of clean and unclean foods saved people from disease, even if they did not know why. Spiritually, it is a perpetual humanizer, to not live like an animal, to put reason first, and that includes rational tradition that we may not be able to understand in one lifetime, but transmitted wisdom developed over many eons. Hence, many advanced civilizations adopted the practice, and no barbarians (who have no memory). The Egyptians, even the Incas, the Aztecs, and the Mayans, and native Australians, and many sub-Saharan Africans, removed the foreskin. While Muslims practice it, it is mentioned nowhere in the Koran as a requirement.

2. Skirts are good and natural on women, and this too is a tradition rooted in human nature. Women bleed. And when women give birth, why should they be forced to remove their clothing? The skirt was an ancient means of being female without arbitrary limitations, like the ancient Greeks who mastered the art of crafting one garment for females, that could be easily adjusted to suit her body in pregnancy. This is why men find females to be more beautiful in female clothing.

No tradition is pointless, only revolts against tradition are arbitrary because they are purely political movements against nature.

This is also why many young western men become fans of anime and east Asian games, culture, etc. For example, Japanese culture has not been subjected to as much arbitrary alteration as in the west, so western males find eastern females to be more natural, more feminine, and, quite frankly, therefore, less abrasive.

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 am

KiBa wrote:

[color=#00FF80]2. Skirts are good and natural on women, and this too is a tradition rooted in human nature. Women bleed. And when women give birth, why should they be forced to remove their clothing?

Men pee standing up plus the Kilt is natural for fucking
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 am

True. The long tunic or kilt or skirt is gender neutral (Link), but pants are not. Hence, our society evolved to assign pants to males and skirts to females. But there are many robe-based societies.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 am

KiBa wrote: 1. Circumcision is good. It lowers the risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease and cancer.

it also lowers sensibility, so you circumcised fools have less pleasure during sex

not that it would bother you anyway since you are only attracted to inanimate objects with a rich cultural history :dunno:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KiBa » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 am

south carmain wrote:
KiBa wrote: 1. Circumcision is good. It lowers the risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease and cancer.

it also lowers sensibility, so you circumcised fools have less pleasure during sex

Correct. Hence,
KiBa wrote:Spiritually, it is a perpetual humanizer, to not live like an animal, to put reason first, and that includes rational tradition that we may not be able to understand in one lifetime, but transmitted wisdom developed over many eons. Hence, many advanced civilizations adopted the practice, and no barbarians (who have no memory).

south carmain wrote:not that it would bother you anyway since you are only attracted to inanimate objects with a rich cultural history :dunno:

Sex feels so good, there would be no cultural history unless people live under a strict rule, which is exactly what the ancestors of the great civilizations chose to do. Barbarians had to wait to be conquered by the memes of those with self-control before they could begin a history. Ergo, pre-Roman Britain has no history. Germany has no history. Russia has no history, etc. The only reason Greek civilization was preserved is because the Jews memetically conquered Rome, and before that time, the circumcised Egyptian priests held the Mediterranean together.

All great civilizations know how dangerous sex is. Rome, for example, had a cult of virginity to express that very self-control required for civilization to exist. The alternative is all the youth in a perpetual orgy, dead babies, dead elders, dead infirm, and universal human death. Restrained sex, like restrained war, is a sign of life. Unrestrained sex and war is death. This is why ancient civilizations respect family and priesthood above all. It is immortality. Successful families allow for the transmission of memetic information for priesthoods for hundreds of years, thereby sustaining the civilization. The successful state is successful families. The failed state is failed families. A society of families without virginity cults means genetic transference without significant memetic transference. Both are needed to achieve human power.

Lastly, I'm not attracted to inanimate objects, but superanimate.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 am

you really do come up with some bullshit sometimes kiba, usually you manage to achieve a sense of genuineness through logical fallacies and outdated speech but not this time :| I'm disappointed that you have became so obvious, or did you pass on your account like you said you would and the new kiba is just doing a bad job?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Next

Return to Off Topic