Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Postby Ziming » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 pm

A translation-nazi at NeoGAF provided a more accurate translation.

Those translations are absolute junk, why the fuck is the OP polluted by them? Embarassing by GAf standards..

The first line says: "Yu Suzuki declares to be thinking about a kickstarter-LIKE model to fund Shenmue 3" .. he's not saying he WILL use Kickstarter.

Second line is: "Yu Suzuki would like to CONTINUE the shenmue adventure in anime or manga form", as in making anime/manga versions of future chapters.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Nankeiro
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Schiff » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 pm

well, these are awesome news. Now, let's consider the various points. Can a Kickstarter-like campaign finance a game like Shenmue (or any other non-indie game)? It's highly unlikely. But if it could make it for, say, 1/10 of the total amount, it'd be still great. It'd be awesome from the marketing point of view (lots of people would wonder what is this game) and I bet it can gather more money than what other projects did so far.
Regarding manga and anime, I'd love them as spin-offs or things like that.... the saga should end with a game (unless it turns to be impossible).
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby mue 26 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Well at least we know Yu still has the fire in his belly, and is far from giving up on his/our dream.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:17 pm

The neo-gaf topic's gotten more chatter than our topic here. I really do think crowd-sourcing would work, dunno why it's even a question. Politics I guess.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:I really do think crowd-sourcing would work, dunno why it's even a question. Politics I guess.

Corporate pride. Sega thinks it's still King Shit and accepting help from fans is beneath them. When frankly in their current state they're lucky to have help being offered.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Axm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm

This is major news. I really hope he continues to go this route. I hope we hear more soon and this doesnt go into the pile of old quotes.

Axm has received a thanks from: Snoopbob2006
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey guys as you know when there is "major news" you will always see a post from me.

Hope everyone is okay!

Looking forward to keeping an eye on this news and I hope it doesnt end up like all the others in the last 10 years or so.

Snoopbob2006 has received a thanks from: Axm
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby Nankeiro » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Good to read fresh news about it. And also, thanks Ziming for posting a better (or the best) translation for the comments made by Mr. Suzuki. It's great to read that.

You know? i really think that Mr. Suzuki wishes with all of his heart to finish the story in a GAME form. We already have read those news about having the story complete (finally) in manga or animation. But like said before, i hope for those options only if... it's absolutely necessary and there's no other way to have it. I would love and want to have this story as it is. A game story.
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm still reserving judgment on both comments until we actually read or hear... the comments. Not the perceived gist being relayed to us by the host in 140 characters or less.

For all we know, the discussion about Kickstarter may have gone like this:

Sebastien: "The next question is from Pierre, who wants to know if you would ever consider using a crowdfunding solution like Kickstarter to finance Shenmue 3."

<crowd whoops and cheers in approval, while Yu consults with his interpreter>

Yu Suzuki: (nervously, in Japanese) "There are... a few ways we can work out the budget for Shenmue 3. Asking for donations is... it's one of them. It's, uh... it's something I think about, yes."

<interpreter translates while Yu smiles and nods as crowd applauds>

Now somebody trained in media hyperbole wouldn't think twice about describing this exclusive revelation as "Yu Suzuki says he is thinking about a Kickstarter-like model to fund Shenmue 3." But it may be an oversimplification of what was really said, and how Yu said it. We won't know until we see a video or read a direct transcription.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Axm
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Sebastian just tweeted that the interview with Yu Suzuki is coming soon. I'm assuming he means a transcript or video of the interview he tweeted about earlier, as it's late in France - the event is over now, correct?

Anyway, when it gets posted, let's hope it clears somethings up and maybe contains another nug or two of juicy info :)

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: Nankeiro
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

You would think he'd say it by now :-p
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

Postby Ziming » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:34 pm

LanDC provided me this link.
http://game-pad.fr/yu-suzuki-jaimerais- ... e-3/16752/

(Google translated)
At the conference held this afternoon in Monaco Anime Game Show (MAGS), and that we had the immense joy of being able to attend one question burning lips of the audience: When is a Shenmue 3?

Yu Suzuki has clearly stated that he would develop Shenmue 3, but that project could not succeed without a good partner. At this point, if the will is ever present, the environment is not yet conducive.

Sebastien-Godelu Abdelhamid , who co-animated the conference raised an interesting proposal by asking the use of a funding platform Kickstarter participatory type. Yu Suzuki has said "maybe", leaving the door open to that possibility.

Other options, such as bringing a conclusion to the saga as lively fictionalized adaptation or manga were discussed; suggestions that Yu Suzuki has also answered in the affirmative: "yes it is possible" at- he said.

During the question and answer session with the audience, Yu Suzuki has also denied rumors that the ongoing development of HD remakes of Shenmue and Shenmue II, without excluding these remakes can be created in the future. All eyes are now turning to SEGA, who as licensee of Shenmue, decision-making is the future of this saga.

Anyone care to provide a more accurate translation?
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 pm

:sad:

Sounds like nothing has changed.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Yay nothing new! Just what we hear every fucking year! WAHOO!

Fucking hell man if I was a drinking man I would be drunk now
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Nankeiro » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 am

Oh, well... We'll have to wait a little longer then...?
Nankeiro

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates