Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:11 am

As I stated earlier, bitch better upload. I'm curious at the questions he asked em
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 am

Also, to hear that MAGS organizers are still going out of their way to misrepresent Yu's comments is worrying in terms of how it may affect future opportunities like this. If Yu comes away with the feeling that he walked into a trap, set by glory-hunting opportunists who have utterly used him to manufacture themselves some publicity, then he might think twice before agreeing to any more interviews of this nature.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 am

I'm gonna sound like an ethnocentric cunt, but perhaps maybe go to an english speaking convention instead, where more people would be able to understand and ask questions. Obviously English is one of the most common languages so why not go to one instead of the French one?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SeppukoPanda » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 am

While this is likely to be wishful thinking, we can always hope that the buzz from this storm of misinformation actually catches an eye at Sega and gets something (anything at this point) rolling.

Look at it this way, this small nugget has been turned into a Shenmue fanbase feeding frenzy so much so that people are jumping all over the possibility to throw money at the project. All this based on essentially nothing.

Further evidence in Sega's eyes that the series might be worth visiting again.

If nothing had come of this whole thing, then we might have more reason to worry.

Just saying, if something this small creates such a big fire, that means there is still hope.
SeppukoPanda
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:36 am

Well, it might stil take a while. We've been through terrorist attacks, wars, fiscal cliffs, recessions, and big life changes since the last Shenmue came out. It's sure been a while
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: I'm gonna sound like an ethnocentric cunt, but perhaps maybe go to an english speaking convention instead, where more people would be able to understand and ask questions. Obviously English is one of the most common languages so why not go to one instead of the French one?

Set one up and invite him then. For all we know you might be the first to try. Maybe the English speaking world is just cheap and expects him to fly economy.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:19 am

Here is a update on the interview with Shenmue Master. Yu Suzuki was more easy going and responsive in this interview with Kenji. Most of the questions asked were story-related, he was only able to answer a 50% of what was asked of him. This was due to Yu Suzuki unable to remember specific story related questions from memory.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Axm
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby SeppukoPanda » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:26 am

I really look forward to seeing these interviews.
SeppukoPanda

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 am

So anyone here have the qualifications and resources necessary to be that partner that Suzuki needs? I guess for the next tweet a thon, we could ask for one lol

But this news does give me hope regardless.

I would ask Suzuki if a terminally ill person asked for the game as their dying wish, would he do it? Lol
RyoHazuki84

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Shendream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:31 am

I wanted to give you a complete retranscription of the conference in French and then translate it into English ( with the help of Ziming ). But we haven't got a complete video of the conference yet, there is a missing part. I prefer to wait that Kenji sends us his version, because he will accurately translate all the questions and the Suzuki-san answers.

About the interview of Shenmue Master:

To keep you informed about our interview, here is the information I could get from Kenji ( By phone ).

From what Kenji told me ( we still need to do a debriefing on Skype with all the team of Shenmue Master, normally tonight ).
- Our interview had a duration of 15 minutes, the contact with Yu Suzuki was very very good, Suzuki-san was really friendly and respectful towards Shenmue Master.

- About the content, the content of our interview is really really average, we asked good questions but Yu Suzuki seemed to have forgotten a lot of things concerning the story of the saga and he couldn't answer.

About the questions:

Kenji asked questions about Niao-sun and Yuanda Zhu.
- He asked what would become the preparatory work within Sega. ( Which can be found in the basement and we can see in the making-of )
- There was also a question about the TAO ( Chinese notion of philosophy ).
We have prepared the questions together and I'll bring them in my next post, np.
Last edited by Shendream on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shendream has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Nankeiro, Schiff
Shendream
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

Postby Belgiumfan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Shenmue fans !
Let me clarify this for you. After a travel of 1200km made just to meet Yu, I was in Monaco this weekend, where I met Richard ( rdk_nl ) from this board. He filmed me when I asked this question http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p3PjvKA7m0 that was misinterpreted since...

The question was "If Mr. Suzuki ends up being unable to find the financial resources or the good circumstances to develop Shenmue 3, would it be possible to him to decide to finish the story as an Anime in 3D, or even cheaper : as a book".

His answer was, if I can relate to the translator (really not sure about that) : "Maybe, it's a possibility... Even in that form, I would like to make some more Shenmue".

2 things :

1. With the conference translation, I still don't know if Yu Suzuki means that "Even in that form...some more Shenmue" means : "If I wanted to do it, I would not make one episode, but a series of anime or books" or "If I chose to release Shenmue on those medias, I would still want to release more Shenmue as a videogame". Maybe one of you japanese speaking fans might translate Yu's answer there, it would be really nice ;-) .

2. I never said anything about a "manga", I spoke about a book (refering in french to the word "romancé" that relates to a novel, a written adaptation of the original script). I hope it's been well translated to Yu Suzuki. It's that french journalist who made the connection between an Anime and a manga book, not me.

Let's hope we'll have something concrete in the near future... Thank you !
Last edited by Belgiumfan on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belgiumfan has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Let's Get Sweaty, Nankeiro, redline, Schiff
Belgiumfan
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 am

Yu Suzuki doesn't remember the story of Shenmue? It really has been awhile :lol:

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 am

More from Sarah the game-pad.fr reporter on Facebook, about the Kickstarter question:

I've read all the comments, you've
said "Sebastien asking if he'd like to do these
things and Yu just nodding and saying it's a good
idea" that's it. That's how the whole thing
happened (including the awkward smile ^^). I've
listened my audio recording again, Yu Suzuki said
"the question was a bit orientated", actually it was.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AM2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 am

Hi guys,
Anybody fed up like me with this Shenmue 3 (by Yu Suzuki) wish/dream?
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby Stocke » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 am

AM2 wrote:Hi guys,
Anybody fed up like me with this Shenmue 3 (by Yu Suzuki) wish/dream?

It might be frustrating, but if Yu gave up on ever creating more shenmue, that would deal a serious blow to us.
The fact he still cares is reassuring if anything.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates