Dreamcast Emulators?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Dreamcast Emulators?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm not sure if this is something that could ever be an issue, but that file has been extracted from and compressed to a .rar file many times since I downloaded it a good six to eight years ago. Like I say, I doubt it'a even possible for that to cause issues, if this continues to be a problem after trying Ziming's link I'll try ripping my copy of the game.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Giorgio
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Giorgio » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Ziming wrote: Here is another rip of Shenmue II for download. It's Japanese with English subtitles.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2k0b446zdqe4n

Yes. That is it. Thank you, Ziming-san!

MiTT3NZ wrote:I'm not sure if this is something that could ever be an issue, but that file has been extracted from and compressed to a .rar file many times since I downloaded it a good six to eight years ago. Like I say, I doubt it'a even possible for that to cause issues, if this continues to be a problem after trying Ziming's link I'll try ripping my copy of the game.

Ziming's works. Thanks!

P.S.: Sometimes is getting really slow (the FPS are dropped from 60 to around 20). I believe I have tweaked nullDC's settings to the fastest ones [except "Sort:", which is set to "Triangle" (because otherwise Ryo's face looks really bad, just his denture and his eyeballs...)] and I tried Game Booster, but it still happens. My graphics card is "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series", CPU's speed is 2GHz (AMD, two cores) and RAM's capacity is 4GB, on Windows 7 x64. Do you know any possible solutions to make things faster or will I have to endure this?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 am

Sadly, nullDC is yet to be fully optimised for the Dreamcast's most powerful game, so fps drops are a persistent pain in the arse.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby agent_boris » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:48 am

Ziming wrote: Here is another rip of Shenmue II for download. It's Japanese with English subtitles.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2k0b446zdqe4n

The last ZIP for disc 4 is missing (only three parts, WinRAR needs at least a 4th)
agent_boris
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: fly-ill
XBL: fly ill
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Deadly Premonition

Postby Grobles87 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Okay, here's the links for everything:

Please note that Shenmue II is Japanese voices w/English dub. And if any links are wrong or broken, just let me know and I'll fix them.

Thank you so much for the links! I have a question though, I'm going to be playing Shenmue for the first time and I'd like for the versions to be PAL so I can continue with the same game using NullDC. Are these the european PAL versions for Shenmue 1 and 2?
Grobles87
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 am

Yep.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Awesome-sauce! I already have a working dreamcast, original Xbox and 360, but ive seen many wuth the emulator on youtube and iy looks waaaay better than playing it on dreamcast scart...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Sadly, nullDC is yet to be fully optimised for the Dreamcast's most powerful game, so fps drops are a persistent pain in the arse.

I saw a hd video of shenmue (2) on youtube and indeed it played terrible, frame drops and missing glitching textures
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:09 am

FlagshipFighter wrote: Awesome-sauce! I already have a working dreamcast, original Xbox and 360, but ive seen many wuth the emulator on youtube and iy looks waaaay better than playing it on dreamcast scart...

just play it on a hdtv(no bigger than 32 inch) with vga cable and it looks just as well as on emulatiom but plays a lot better without all the glitches.

drunkensailor has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Ziming » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:08 am

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Fenix
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm

@Ziming Whoah! That's really impressive! But if one were to actually play it gia touch screen can you imagine how much of a horrendous experience that would be? QTE's? Complicated move sets! And the combo QTE's!!1 OH THE HORROR! *faints*

FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm

I'd probably be tempted to hit the middle of the screen during QTEs, and get to the that point of shouting "EVERY. FUCKING. TIME!"... every fucking time.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:13 am

Giorgio wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Okay, here's the links for everything:

Please note that Shenmue II is Japanese voices w/English dub. And if any links are wrong or broken, just let me know and I'll fix them.

MiTT3NZ, thank you for the links that you have posted. I have downloaded Shenmue II's 1-3 parts and I played (in nullDC 1.0.4, the one that you provided in the above links) the 1st part, but I noticed that a lot of free quests voices are not included (that is, you can not hear the voice of many NPCs, including Ryo's when he is talking to them). So, my question is: do you happen to have/know any version of Shenmue II, in which nothing has been removed from the original? I could try to find and download some from here and there in the internet, but my connection is not really fast and would be good if I will save some time from trying. Thanks in advance!

I suggest grabbing the perfect GDI rips. I dont currently have a link to them!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Martin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 am

Kind of feel weird just posting it here like this, but Mittens and Ziming have already set the standard! May Yu have mercy on my soul..

I may or may not be seeding that file, and I may or may not have taken that screen cap. Here is the magnet link.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:76bd3b03ce1c4955da7402eedb5305a2c666866c&dn=Shenmue+I%2C+Shenmue+II+%5BPAL%5D+%5BGDI%5D+%5BENG%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

As you can see from the image, the torrent is the PAL versions of Shenmue I & II (I guess to avoid hex editing saves?), as GDI rips. It's a sizeable torrent (5.21GB), but it should never have taken me twelve and a half hours to get! Sadly it did. There were only two people seeding. Now there are three of us.

Anyway, to that guy Giorgio - I believe these are the full, perfect rips. No content missing, it seems. The files are compressed with WinRAR. Here is the WinRAR dialogue window for the first disc of the original game;

As you can see, RAR'd it is 500-odd MB. Unpacked, its around the 1GB mark. This unpacked size holds true for all four discs on both games. Weirdly, although unpacked they all reach the same sort of size, Shenmue II's discs aren't compressed quite as much as the first game's. I wonder why this could be? Perhaps the WinRAR algorithm has a tougher time with the Shenmue II? :P

I say "I believe these are the full rips" >>UPDATE: confirmed as full rips, no minor dialogue or anything missing at all!<< as it's just finished, and I've not had the chance to test them. In any case, I'm going to seed that torrent for ever. Or until I try them and find out that they don't even work lol. I'm pretty confident they're the ones, though. Hop on board the slowest, most awesome torrent in the world, guys!

I will try these rips in the next couple of days. Not even got an emulator yet (suggestions? Obviously I know about nullDC). I have a 360 pad for Windows, so hopefully it'll work nicely! Can't wait to play Shenmue again!

Nice to see the décor hasn't changed around here.
Last edited by Martin on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Good to see you again Martin :nice!:

Just do it the old fashioned way and dust off the Dreamcast. I did a few days ago after so many years and its great! Loving Tomb Raider, which will be followed by some ODM demol discs. I am on the fence whether to play Shenmue now or wait and see about getting a HDMI upscaler. I don't know.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue