Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Bluecast » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:14 pm

:lol: This is brilliant
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Isn't that the kind of anime cheesiness you hated so much about others in the series?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:01 pm

No it was the stilted dialogue bad VA(tho I can take some bad VA) and 1 Quadrillion cliches but only in TOS,TOL and TOS2...mainly TOS2....oh god TOS2. I think 95% of my distaste is from TOS2. I would not mind now trying TOS again as I liked it at first but grated on me as it went along. TOS2 was just bad period. The more I see of Xillia the more it seems appealing oddly. Don't know why,it just does..same with Vesperia.

I like cheese in every form...even when it's cut.
Last edited by Bluecast on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:36 pm

the after battle conversations can be pretty entertaining. Its quite peculiar that whole team is bunch of creepers and weirdos in one way or another. Its an oddball group of characters, thats for sure. :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 pm

The battle switching is really cool. I'm actually using all the characters because of it, which is something i don't tend to do in other tales games.

Found out you cant link with other human players today though, that was a tad disappointing but i can understand why it wouldn't really work.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 am

^ yep, its 4 player local play. Would be awesome if you could play online, but it would be kinda difficult. I guess you would join some other persons game and help them? idk, it wouldnt really benefit everyone I dont think.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:12 am

^by link i meant the soul link thing that links you to a partner during the battle system. Struggling to remember the name.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:40 pm

the character link option. Where you and your other character double team an enemy, works well, but I still gotta figure out how to do the combo links right. Its really a shame this game didnt come with manual. The battle system is pretty deep and it would be nice to not have to go into the menu just to read how to do things.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:08 am

so I am 20 hours into Xillia now, and its super easy, im blowing through the game, but I think im probably about to stop and really level up because I think I am in a place that has good XP. So this book randomly spwaned as an enemy on the field in one of the areas, and I fought it and killed it, gave 1000 XP, some of my characters leveled up twice from it O_O that was awesome. its been very strange, its like just up until now I was getting XP from about 60-80 XP per battle, and now I have jumped into the 100s and 1000s from some battles. so far I am really enjoying this game alot, reminds me of the old days a bit, well last generation, just on PS3 and slightly better because of that.

Whenever I get my 3ds I will probably pick up Abyss, heard that ones good too. and I am sure I will play eternia after I play this, because I honestly really wanna get back to that game too.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm a stud with the ladies.

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:49 am

Just make sure you arent neglecting Milla and give her loads of mana too. ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Oh yeah, she knows what my mana lobe is all about!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Wow. Chapter 3 was absolutely amazing... =D>
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:36 pm

omfg Teepo Copter

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:57 am

That was weird, I go to Xian Du for the first time and start doing the quests for this area before continuing the story. So I am on this one quest and on the way I fight these weird monsters that look like slenderman O_O and I am killing them and they are dropping XP by the 700-1000+ range so I just grind and level every 2-3 battles until I leave the area do one cutscene come back, and all the slenderman dudes are gone and so is the ridiculous XP :( but I still leveled up a little bit more cause the XP in that area was still decent like 200-500 but thats still now 700-1000+ I was getting.

Also when I got my characters back the last time, almost all of them had the best weapon available to purchase in the shops, equipped and I didnt even buy them, they were just there when I got my characters back i guess. Dont you love when they reunite with you and they are stronger and have better equipment than what they had before?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming