Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Raithos » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 am

Stocke wrote: Just hit level 80, found all the mystical jewels and about to beat the secret dungeons final boss tomorrow.

Brilliant game, had a blast with it. Very excited for Xillia 2 now, shame it's so far away.

*spoiler about final boss*
Played through the whole game on moderate, and fought the final boss at around level 60-65 or so. Fought them for a good hour, and could not take out Muzet. Her healing is insane, stopping me from killing her or Gauis. I reluctantly turned it down to normal, and it became incredibly easy. Hardest Tales Of final boss to date. Gonna give it another shot once i take the golden knight down.

Hope you guys enjoyed the game as much as me.

I enjoyed it tremendously. I played it on hard and was very surprised/disappointed there was no trophy for it after I spent and hour and twenty five minutes on the final battle. I kept waiting for the "Dude, you beat this shit on HARD!" trophy to pop but it never did LOL

*serious spoilers, you've been warned*
You're right, that was the hardest Tales of final boss ever. So I killed Muzet about 35 minutes or so into it, and I started throwing everything I had at Gauis and then BAM some how she used an arte called Recall I think, and brought herself back to life. They would then go on these two minute spam fests and I could do nothing but watch as my party's life drained away. Very satisfying when I finally beat them though.

It was a great ending, but sort of sad too. Being as they found a solution to all their problems it didn't have to end with Milla staying a spirit. She could of returned as a human, especially after her and Jude basically admitted how they felt at the end when they held hands. It definately has me excited for ToX2, I can't stop wondering about all the possibilities.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Stocke
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 pm

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store ... kYeOeDCZ8s

Collectors Edition is back up on the Namco Club store and supply is limited. im surprised they are giving it another run, but cool.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Ivar is such a... troubled character
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:03 pm

CE of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I hope it's still available for preorder in a few weeks when I have the cash to cover it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/14/ ... 566c000008
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 pm

I think i'll pass on that, I used to own Symphonia way back when, I tried to get into it... just couldnt. I think didnt I like the battle system and world map either for some reason. Also back tracking from Xillia to Symphonia I think i wont like it that much more. Cool its getting a CE though, i'll pick up the Xillia 2 CE for sure.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 am

Wow, 2 friggin lithium orbs per character now? mind = blown.

oh yeah, and btw flame sphere pwns all.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm

So I am in the first area in Tulea Tundra, I have 255 jet black feathers, I go to open the chest that has 5 jet black feathers in it from that area, and it tells me I am full and cant acquire them... W...T...F...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: So I am in the first area in Tulea Tundra, I have 255 jet black feathers, I go to open the chest that has 5 jet black feathers in it from that area, and it tells me I am full and cant acquire them... W...T...F...

Damn you're still playing it? lol jk. Talk to the guy in Sharilton, you can trade him feathers for stuff. If you say yes when he asks, it logs the amount of feathers you have, clears your feather inventory and you can start collecting again. You don't have to get stuff right away, you can come back later and he remembers the total you have given him. For some reason they decided to put a limit on how many you can carry at once which was kind of dumb.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah, I kinda figured that they did it that way. 255 is the cap... *grumbles* I thought I was supposed to collect all 459 or whatever it is then give it to him... THOSE BASTARDS LIED TO ME!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:42 pm

I so wanna direct-tether with Milla Muzet and Presa. Seems to me they need me to completely empty out my mana lobe for them and fill them with mana ;)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Surprised no ones posted about it yet,

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... nniversary

Tales of Zestiria announced! Very excited, and a worldwide release has been confirmed simultaneously with the japanese one, though we'll probably have to wait longer for the localization.

I can remember a few years ago all the pleading that it would take to get these games localized. Times sure have changed, couldn't be happier about it.

Stocke has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Raithos
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Looks in the vein of Xenoblade almost... big open world with a char running around in it. Doesnt look like encounters on the field will go to another combat screen, it might be in real time. This intrigues me.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Stocke
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Yeah saw some videos this morning of it, looks really good. I can't believe we are getting this many Tales games back to back. The PS3 is going out strong with Xillia 2, Chronicles HD, Persona 5 (playing 4 on vita and its so god damn fun) and now Tales of ZestyItalianDressing all being exclusives. From what I've read its supposed the first worldwide release of a Tales game. If sales continue to be strong this might be a turning point for us RPG fans in the US/EU as far as Namco is concerned. At the very least we might not have to worry about them getting localized or not any more.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Stocke
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm

The real question, can they make it as good as Xillia? Tales series has been known for having one good game followed by a bad then a good then a bad, and from what I have heard it flip flops. Xillia is the only Tales game I ever beat so I cant really comment myself. I want to go back and finish Eternia on PSP sometime soon, it seemed awesome.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:13 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:The real question, can they make it as good as Xillia? Tales series has been known for having one good game followed by a bad then a good then a bad, and from what I have heard it flip flops. Xillia is the only Tales game I ever beat so I cant really comment myself. I want to go back and finish Eternia on PSP sometime soon, it seemed awesome.

I personally like every game in the series, some more than others of course. With a series like this it's really personal preference.

Raithos wrote:Yeah saw some videos this morning of it, looks really good. I can't believe we are getting this many Tales games back to back. The PS3 is going out strong with Xillia 2, Chronicles HD, Persona 5 (playing 4 on vita and its so god damn fun) and now Tales of ZestyItalianDressing all being exclusives. From what I've read its supposed the first worldwide release of a Tales game. If sales continue to be strong this might be a turning point for us RPG fans in the US/EU as far as Namco is concerned. At the very least we might not have to worry about them getting localized or not any more.

Yeah man, it's awesome. All of the games you listed would be big reasons for me to get a PS4, and i'm more than happy to stick with the PS3. Saves me the money of buying a new console.

Stocke has received a thanks from: Raithos
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming