Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Some are better than others, but I honestly enjoyed every one except for Graces F. I thought the characters were all boring and lacked depth except Hubert and Malik, plus the story was kind of weak. But its all a matter of taste when it comes to JRPG's. I didn't like Legendia's attempt at 3D, but the interaction between party members is priceless.

I want the PSP version of Eternia bad, I have it on PS1 though (Destiny II lol). The few copies I've found all look bootleg, like the cover art/book look faded like they were printed at someones house.

EDIT: hell yeah man, I'm perfectly happy to keep playing my PS3. Thankfully RPG's don't push hardware limits that often
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Eternia never came out in the states on PSP, keept that in mind. I play the PAL version, and its only japanese with english subs which I fucking love! I also use to have Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 for PSX, and Symphonia for Cube. I regretfully got rid of all of them a few years back, now Destiny 2 (eternia) is worth about 2 times as much as when I sold it the first time... sad day, it was basically mint too. Fortunately I think the PSP version might be better, atleast visually.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Yeah I know, would have been nice if we got it though. I wanted to hear the Japanese voices so started looking for a PAL copy last year. But all the copies I find look like this

I've ordered two copies, one came in a black UMD casing. Both looked even worse in person lol. That's the real cover art, but both I received looked like flea market copies.

That sucks, I hate it when that happens. Thankfully whenever I've sold games in the past I never got rid of any RPG's, just never been able to do it for some reason. The only one I sold was Albert Odyssey to a friend, but ended up buying it back from her earlier this year.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:58 pm

I remember seeing Eternia, and Breath of Fire 3 for PSP at an old game shop that has since been bought by gamestop (those bastards...) and they held some PAL imports in stock. They were too expensive for me at the time so I had to pass them up, I have been wanting BOF 3 since, to complete my handheld collection of BOF 1-3, I have 1 and 2 on GBA.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

There's just something about portable RPG's. Some of my favorite things in my collection for sure
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:09 am

What the hell is a Zesteria?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Stocke » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:45 am

Axm wrote: What the hell is a Zesteria?

Dragons, apparently.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:30 am

so its not zesty italian dressing :(
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:25 pm

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store ... 7070578808

Just saw an ad on facebook saying graces f and abyss on 3DS are 50% on the namco store, I go there to see that yes abyss is $15 but its out of stock... what a waste thats the one I would have picked up. Ah well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Damn that would of been a good deal. I would have bought it again just to play it in 3D.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 am

We might be getting Tales of Hearts on the vita. Hope its true!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/14/ ... oming-west

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:00 pm

:mrgreen:
Really hope so. That was one I was so sure would never come over, so it'd be great to be surprised over it. The Vita is gaining serious traction nowadays, so it actually doesn't sound unlikely.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Not sure I would be so quick to trust that, click the gamestop link as the source given in that artivle, i'll link it here for you. Its been removed, maybe it was an early leak though? http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/t ... ive/114644
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Yeah Gamestop and Amazon are notorious for posting a listing before games are announced then pulling them lol. Gamestop was where I first found out about Xillia before it was announced. Doesn't mean this one isn't a fluke though, but I've got my fingers crossed either way.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 am

phpBB [video]

\:D/

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III