Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Raithos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:29 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

So before Meth Jesse liked Coke and Walter loved his butt creme and skunk soap
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Brothaman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:57 pm

As of today, I've been a member here for a decade. So here's a bunch of NSFW gifs to celebrate.

Brothaman has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Raithos, Rakim
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Getting my visa done for the return to Japan.
Wish me a smooth process. Everything should be smooth.. No reason for it not to be. But im so anxious to get it all completed quickly so I know everything will be ready.
Leaving at the latest in March.

Axm has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Rakim » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Brothaman wrote: As of today, I've been a member here for a decade. So here's a bunch of NSFW gifs to celebrate.

Congratulations Brothaman.

and to axm: what are your specs? prefecture, etc

Rakim has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, mue 26, OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm

lol at specs :lol:

But for real though, specs please, Axm? Us Japanophiles got to live vicariously through someone. And I'm the Columbian white of Japanophiles, I'm paying nearly £40,000 to live dat life at university (4 years Japanese degree), so I need something to work with. I sometimes like to pretend Rakim is Japanese, but his lack of self depreciation occasionally breaks the spell.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: wude
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 am

phpBB [video]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:36 pm

mue 26 wrote:lol at specs :lol:

But for real though, specs please, Axm? Us Japanophiles got to live vicariously through someone. And I'm the Columbian white of Japanophiles, I'm paying nearly £40,000 to live dat life at university (4 years Japanese degree), so I need something to work with. I sometimes like to pretend Rakim is Japanese, but his lack of self depreciation occasionally breaks the spell.

You're getting your degree in Japanese? Great choice. I always wish I had done that instead of marketing. But I guess I could always still do it. I just really need to get back into studying it seriously again. Ive been lax these past few years. Is your plan to move to Japan then?

But anyways, I got a job with a private English teachers company Interac, similar to the government program JET, although this company allows more flexibility such as vacation time and the ability to renew contracts for much longer. So ill be an English teacher in public schools as an assistant and in some schools I might be running classes on my own.
Depending on where they send me, I could have anywhere from 2-5 schools I visit exclusively.
I have a previous co-worker of mine that I pressured into being hired by them a few years ago and now he's been there for 3 years and was my reference for being hired with them. Along with a Japanese school teacher and various other Japanese contacts I know. Considering my prior experiences and resume I was kind of a shoe in.

My placement is still undetermined. But they gave me my choices in preference and taking the fact I have family in Sasebo, Nagasaki pref. into account. So the places I requested are Sasebo, Fukuoka prefecture, Saga pref. or anywhere else in Kyushu.
If im sent anywhere else ill live with it though. The job is just something I want to do for a couple years before I move on to something bigger.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, mue 26, wude
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 pm

You're getting your degree in Japanese? Great choice. I always wish I had done that instead of marketing. But I guess I could always still do it. I just really need to get back into studying it seriously again. Ive been lax these past few years. Is your plan to move to Japan then?

Thanks man! It's refreshing to hear someone's reaction to my chosen degree being "great choice", and not "what the fuck are you going to do with a Japanese degree?" or the perennial favourite "so your doing it because you have a thing for Japanese chicks, right?". To be honest I'm not quite sure what my plan after I finish the degree is yet, I'm still trying to figure that out. I mean, I've never even been to Japan yet, but I will be spending the third year of my course over there and I'm very excited about that! What your doing sounds exciting too, I hope you can settle in your desired location, so let us know how it all goes!

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Axm
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:39 pm

But you do have a thing for Japanese birds though, right?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 pm

^Who doesnt!? ^_^

mue 26 wrote:

Thanks man! It's refreshing to hear someone's reaction to my chosen degree being "great choice", and not "what the fuck are you going to do with a Japanese degree?" or the perennial favourite "so your doing it because you have a thing for Japanese chicks, right?". To be honest I'm not quite sure what my plan after I finish the degree is yet, I'm still trying to figure that out. I mean, I've never even been to Japan yet, but I will be spending the third year of my course over there and I'm very excited about that! What your doing sounds exciting too, I hope you can settle in your desired location, so let us know how it all goes!

Thanks! Well first off you should definitely be able to guage if you like living there by the time you're done with the course. And if you do.. rather when you do.. you should look into the JET program or Interac. Everyone I know who's done it loves it and from there its a big leg up on trying to find another job in a related field or with a company who would ie. need a PR or marketing person who's in the know with both cultures. Im sure you'll find plenty of jobs where your major will fit the bill. So dont worry about it. Just keep the open mind you already have and network with people.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Axm wrote: ^Who doesnt!? ^_^

mue 26 wrote:

Thanks! Well first off you should definitely be able to guage if you like living there by the time you're done with the course. And if you do.. rather when you do.. you should look into the JET program or Interac. Everyone I know who's done it loves it and from there its a big leg up on trying to find another job in a related field or with a company who would ie. need a PR or marketing person who's in the know with both cultures. Im sure you'll find plenty of jobs where your major will fit the bill. So dont worry about it. Just keep the open mind you already have and network with people.

I'm actually with the JET program working at this very moment. It's amazing, I definitely recommend it to anyone with the credentials and who gets accepted to teach after the long interview process. I am in Shizuoka prefecture about an hour and a half west of Tokyo. Today is "athletic examination day" so I have no classes to teach. I got paid to demonstrate proper footwork and stretching in the gymnasium for two hours and now I get to sit at my desk and lesson plan and play on the Internet for the next 5 hours. All in all JET is great.

Mue you could teach with JET, and if you ever want to go home you could work at the Japanese consulate in your area.

ShOzO MiZuKi has received 2 thanks from: Axm, wude
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Calshot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Calshot has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 am

No idea what the Range Rover driver did to annoy them in the first place (and since the vid is being filmed/edited by a biker/s, they'd probably make a point of showing anything bad he did do, so most likely nothing), but no excuse. I'd have floored it and ran them all down also, if put in that sort of danger. Plus he had his wife and kid with him! :shock:

phpBB [video]
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:59 am

^those black biker gangs in the US are nuts, he's right not to take any chances. shame he wasn't carrying, could have got him out of that last spot of trouble.

south carmain has received a thanks from: OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic