Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby OL » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: No idea what the Range Rover driver did to annoy them in the first place (and since the vid is being filmed/edited by a biker/s, they'd probably make a point of showing anything bad he did do, so most likely nothing), but no excuse. I'd have floored it and ran them all down also, if put in that sort of danger. Plus he had his wife and kid with him! :shock:

phpBB [video]

Fucking hell, those bikers were assholes. Almost seemed like the one near the beginning intentionally got rear-ended just to start some shit. I'd have barreled through them too.
I just wonder what happened after the video. It ends with the SUV stuck behind traffic while the bikers start ganging up on his vehicle.

south carmain wrote: ^those black biker gangs in the US are nuts, he's right not to take any chances. shame he wasn't carrying, could have got him out of that last spot of trouble.

And yet there are some people in the world who actually think there's no point to owning a gun anymore. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, brake-testing a vehicle that weighs about 2700kg before it has fuel, people and "stuff" in it, when you're on a motorbike that's about 5 feet in front, is definitely not too smart. From what I've read elsewhere they stabbed his tires and were vandalizing the car right before he escaped, which is what made me think something may have happened before the filming started. Apparently at the end, with no tyres left, they smashed the windows and beat the shit out of the driver.

Luckily the US has some common sense with regards to the law ,'cos apparently the driver isn't under any sort of caution. If he'd done that in this country, they'd have probably went straight for him on "attempted murder", completely ignoring the provocation involved
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:50 pm

I was looking through old PM's and saw a bunch organising our Shenmue Dojo cockney meet up. Can't believe that was last December, I thought it was earlier than that. Great times..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:52 pm

damn, they were like 30 or 40 deep. Looked like a NYC biker gang, they arent to be trifled with I would imagine. It could have been a number of things, gang initiation, some random acts of violence to earn respect and "make an example" to show power, or maybe the driver just looked at em funny or cut em off in traffic? Thats a pretty dangerous situation considering there was so many people, you cant exactly stop your car because they would definitely get you, if they have you surrounded on bikes on the highway you have to drive at their pace, or barrel through them like that guy did. Really hard decision to make in that situation.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:37 pm

I have no problem admitting I'd be shitting myself in that situation!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 pm

And friends of mine wonder why I got my concealed license and carry. They just don't understand. We have that same bs go on here in Houston all the time. Too many times I've seen local "biker clubs" harassing people for no reason. And almost every time it's a someone alone or an older couple who were just minding their own business. They cruise 610 every weekend. Stop in front of me on the highway, and surround my truck and I would hit the gas too. I mean 30 or 40 to 1 is BS. And if they were to catch up, little do they know I got 17+1 friends waiting for them.
phpBB [video]

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Houston's pretty nuts. My brother is always telling me stories of the shit he'd run into over there.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Atlanta is basically the same story, a little different im sure, but still I saw this guy get shot on the head while on their knees begging for his life, then crack heads scattered like roaches after that. and I was just riding in a car down the road.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I have no problem admitting I'd be shitting myself in that situation!

I wouldnt be, you HAVE to stay calm during something like that. but I have been in my share of sketchy situations where my life was in danger, I would have thought of something, would it have worked? who knows but i have a way of thinking of shit on the fly when I really need to.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:05 am

This is what it sounds like when a person toots their own horn.

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:29 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I have no problem admitting I'd be shitting myself in that situation!

I wouldnt be

Bambi has received 4 thanks from: Bluecast, Jokatech19, MiTT3NZ, OL
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jokatech19 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 am

Oh shoot. That's the exact route I take home when I go to play at jam sessions. Right in my area. LOL. I'm shocked something like that happened. I don't feel for the driver. He's probably even more of an animal than the bikers. Trust me. In NYC, bikers might be some of the best people you meet. He probably did even more than just run over a couple of their bikers.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:38 am

Bambi wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:

I wouldnt be

I hate to say it bambi, but sit down my friend. No one on here really knows me like that... ok I told Ryudo and Segata some stories a couple times. But I'm far too used to situations like that to be scared of em, people stopped scaring me a while ago, wouldnt be the first time I been surrounded either. Im a bit of a bad ass irl, but yall internet ppl think what yall want. Yall dont have to believe me, but i'll tell you know I only speak the truth.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Bambi wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:

I wouldnt be

I hate to say it bambi, but sit down my friend. No one on here really knows me like that... ok I told Ryudo and Segata some stories a couple times. But I'm far too used to situations like that to be scared of em, people stopped scaring me a while ago, wouldnt be the first time I been surrounded either. Im a bit of a bad ass irl, but yall internet ppl think what yall want. Yall dont have to believe me, but i'll tell you know I only speak the truth.

Just scare 'em away with your rapey grimace.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 am

lol
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bambi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:32 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Bambi wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:

I wouldnt be

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic