Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:51 pm

I don't have a problem distinguishing anything. Why don't you quote my entire thought like I just did, instead just one part?

Because it wasn't relevant to my point. My point was that any and all blatant troll threads (along with racist threads) should be deleted without hesitation.

You are ignoring the fact that the thread did in fact get you riled up. The troll thread triggered the staffs handling of the situation, which you didn't agree with, that got you to give a reaction. So the troll thread did what it was intended to.

Yes it did, but I was not in any way riled up when I stated my belief that it should have been deleted. Again, your logic is totally fallacious, it doesn't matter what triggered my criticism as long as it is a relevant one with substance. And it is, in my opinion. Why do you give a fuck what some troll thinks? He could be masturbating to my posts for all I care, because it really doesn't matter. Some people here seem to be devaluing my arguments because I'm "giving the troll what it wants", but that is just a totally meaningless deflection, it doesn't negate any of my points at all.

You think deleting something doesn't give the desired effect a troll is after? You saw what happened when he was banned right? He created another account. Nine times out of ten, when you delete a troll comment or thread it REAPPEARS. That means you gave them attention, instead of locking and ignoring them all together.

Of course a troll doesn't want it's threads deleted. That is obvious. Your argument doesn't make any sense to me, because a troll could create new topic after it's one has been locked too, and if it's not going to bother with that, I doubt it will bother if it was deleted instead. And if they do, just delete it again. If you leave a troll thread lying around then you are giving the troll the attention and exposure it wants. At troll is no better than a bot, and you wouldn't only lock a bot thread, would you?

I am now guilty of contributing to the reaction myself

Stop being ridiculous. You are guilty of adding a mature contribution to a discourse on how to deal with trolls. That is all.

The way some of you carry on you'd think if you even mention the subject you are "giving the trolls what they want and letting them rip us apart". Jesus.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Dude just calm down and move the hell on from this already. And if you want to carry it on, take it to private messaging.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Yama
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:41 am

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Reposting this from the donate thread..

Ok guys for real, if you use this forum on the daily or every other day, maybe just once a week, whatever.. you should have donated already. If not please do so.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Axm wrote: Reposting this from the donate thread..

Ok guys for real, if you use this forum on the daily or every other day, maybe just once a week, whatever.. you should have donated already. If not please do so.

Didn't know it was due. Case of bad timing because my card has been frozen due to suspicious activity. I'll drop a donation when it's sorted out.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:25 pm

It slowed waaayyyy the fuck down around here a couple weeks after E3. Sad really #-o
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 pm

:rotflmao:
So Gary Oldman apparently said a bunch of stuff in a Playboy interview that people are getting all offended by, labeling him a bigot and so on and so forth... but when I read his comments, I found that I agree with him almost entirely. :lol:
Ah well. People like to get easily upset over things apparently. Nothing he says is bigoted, he just talks about how he hates Hollywood hypocrisy.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 am

Fuck them. Gary Oldman's interview is awesome.

Particularly:

A great director is a great artist. I felt that way with Alfonso Cuarón on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. You could just tell being around him that he’s a master, partly because he isn’t afraid to say, “I fucked myself up over here.” I remember a scene where he was scratching his head for two days, figuring out eye lines on 11 characters. “So we’ve got Harry and Hermione looking that way, and now we’ve got Snape, we’ve got Ron, we’ve got Sirius.” Plus he had to match the movements to the mechanical set, which had walls that were moving and breathing. He was never embarrassed to say, “Christ, I’ve really got myself in a pickle here.” And he worked it out. I love it when a director says, “I really don’t know the answer to that.” The thing you don’t want a director to say is “Oh, it’s exactly how I imagined it.”

That makes me feel good about myself reading that.

And yeah, about that so-called controversy:

OLDMAN: [Fidgets in his seat] I just think political correctness is crap. That’s what I think about it. I think it’s like, take a fucking joke. Get over it. I heard about a science teacher who was teaching that God made the earth and God made everything and that if you believe anything else you’re stupid. A Buddhist kid in the class got very upset about this, so the parents went in and are suing the school! The school is changing its curriculum! I thought, All right, go to the school and complain about it and then that’s the end of it. But they’re going to sue! No one can take a joke anymore.

I don’t know about Mel. He got drunk and said a few things, but we’ve all said those things. We’re all fucking hypocrites. That’s what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the word nigger or that fucking Jew? I’m being brutally honest here. It’s the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy. Or maybe I should strike that and say “the N word” and “the F word,” though there are two F words now.

OLDMAN: Alec calling someone an F-A-G in the street while he’s pissed off coming out of his building because they won’t leave him alone. I don’t blame him. So they persecute. Mel Gibson is in a town that’s run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because he’s actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him—and doesn’t need to feed him anymore because he’s got enough dough. He’s like an outcast, a leper, you know? But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasn’t turned and said, “That fucking kraut” or “Fuck those Germans,” whatever it is? We all hide and try to be so politically correct. That’s what gets me. It’s just the sheer hypocrisy of everyone, that we all stand on this thing going, “Isn’t that shocking?” [smiles wryly] All right. Shall I stop talking now? What else can we discuss?

What the hell kind of stick is jammed up people's asses nowadays? The only thing I have an issue with is that he doesn't seem to care if the words "fag" and "nigger" are insensitive. But other than that, he's right. People DO have double standards. People ARE hypocritical. People really do hide behind satire and comedy to really say what they want to say.

Overall, it was a great interview. Seems really bitter that he never won an Oscar. And again, fuck everyone who has a giant stick up their ass. Take it out and jam that political correctness up there instead.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:55 am

I'd say it's total bullshit that he never won an Oscar anyway. He's obviously among the most hard-working actors in the industry, for one thing, not to mention that no matter what role he's in, he generally steals the fucking show.

I think there's an oddly rigid definition for what a "great" performance is when it comes time for awards season. People think nothing but "fearless" and "honest" roles are what really matter, but that's all shit. There are about ten thousand actors and actresses at any given time in the industry who can cry on cue and scream about injustices in a period film. That's nothing interesting or noteworthy. Happens all the damn time.
But how many actors can take a generic badguy role and perform it in such a way that it becomes a truly remarkable badguy role? A character whose mannerisms, both physically and vocally, are entirely unique and mesmerizing solely because the actor played it a certain way?
That shit does not happen all the time. That is the kind of stuff that I believe deserves to be awarded.

What I'm saying is Gary Oldman deserves a twenty-year-late Oscar for playing Stansfield in The Professional.
Or for Zorg in The Fifth Element.
But no, they'll keep giving those things away to people playing slaves, or white trash, or angry Jersey folk (who are mostly white trash anyway), even though the roles could have been played by fucking anyone and would have been just about the same.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 am

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, OL
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:47 pm

I would love to hear what consists of the sexual orientation that is chinese.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:48 pm

phpBB [video]

wude has received a thanks from: Calshot
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:38 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I would love to hear what consists of the sexual orientation that is chinese.

Now had it said Japanese... THAT would have been funny! :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:04 pm

OL wrote: I'd say it's total bullshit that he never won an Oscar anyway. He's obviously among the most hard-working actors in the industry, for one thing, not to mention that no matter what role he's in, he generally steals the fucking show.

I think there's an oddly rigid definition for what a "great" performance is when it comes time for awards season. People think nothing but "fearless" and "honest" roles are what really matter, but that's all shit. There are about ten thousand actors and actresses at any given time in the industry who can cry on cue and scream about injustices in a period film. That's nothing interesting or noteworthy. Happens all the damn time.
But how many actors can take a generic badguy role and perform it in such a way that it becomes a truly remarkable badguy role? A character whose mannerisms, both physically and vocally, are entirely unique and mesmerizing solely because the actor played it a certain way?
That shit does not happen all the time. That is the kind of stuff that I believe deserves to be awarded.

What I'm saying is Gary Oldman deserves a twenty-year-late Oscar for playing Stansfield in The Professional.
Or for Zorg in The Fifth Element.
But no, they'll keep giving those things away to people playing slaves, or white trash, or angry Jersey folk (who are mostly white trash anyway), even though the roles could have been played by fucking anyone and would have been just about the same.

Funnily enough he doesn't care about his role in the Fifth Element:

PLAYBOY: When you look back at your credits, what makes you say, “I could have done better”?

OLDMAN: Most of it.

PLAYBOY: Really? You don’t like Sid & Nancy?

OLDMAN: I don’t like myself in the movie, no.

PLAYBOY: The Dark Knight? Harry Potter?

OLDMAN: It was work.

PLAYBOY: Uh, The Fifth Element?

OLDMAN: Oh no. I can’t bear it.

But whatever. I get it. He just considers it a paycheck job and once it was done, it was done. It doesn't make it any less awesome though.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? :lol:

all I can think of is the trailer and him yelling "THEY'RE ANIMALS!" he has been criticized for his accents as well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic