Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:27 pm

mue 26 wrote:I assume you're referring to the woman with her kids? To be honest, it pisses me off when people think they know what is best for other people's children, when they don't necessarily do, and getting all righteous and shit. It's up to the parent to decide what is the best way to treat their own kids at the end of the day, and whether that way matches your or mine world view or not, it's really not our decision. And who knows, maybe the positive energy healing thingy, or placebo effect will work on them.

Are you serious? Like fucking really? If one of her kids got cancer and she wouldn't take it to a doctor I'd call Child services within the hour. At the end of the day anyone with an ounce of common sense knows modern medicine has a higher success rate then positive vibes against cancer. If she was selling one of her kids into the sex trade should I stay out of it because it's her kid and it's up to her? No, it's a child who's being abused. Do I think I know what's better for her children? When it comes to medical treatment yes. I'll stay out of people's business just as I would hope they'll stay out of mine but if you'd let a child die and pass it off as ok then you're one sick individual. It's like saying Baby P's parents just had their own form of disciple and we should let them handle it how they want since it's their kid.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:10 am

After owning an Android for years, I'm thinking of going to the iPhone now.

Fucking things are too pricey for me though.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Oppy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:48 am

^Fuck the iphone, I have given up on them! I have owned 8 of the bastards and always had issues with them. Another 2 monthes till my contract is up them im fucking off my iphone 5C for a Sony Xperia z3.
Ps4 integration, upgradable storage, waterproof, shock proof, 1080p resoloution and front facing stereo speakers, all features no iphone has.

Oppy has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, Raithos
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:47 am

I love my Xperia. Absolutely prefer it over an iPhone even though I like the iPhone quite alot too. One thing the new iPhone 6+ has though is optical image stabilization. I really hope the new Z4 will have that. Otherwise besides that, Sony make the best android phones out there.

I will probably never switch off them unless Apple does something really revolutionary. These days though it feels like smartphones have hit a glass cealing. Not much besides spec bumps and gimmicks these days.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Axm wrote: These days though it feels like smartphones have hit a glass cealing. Not much besides spec bumps and gimmicks these days.

Kinda this. I have a Windows phone which isn't as good as either an Android OR an iPhone, but to be honest they're all so close in terms in what most people use phones for (Facebook, Youtube, Google, GPS, camera, games..........texting, phonecalls) that anyone would be able to use any of them without any hassle. Even the bit I thought was gonna be a PITA actually wasn't (I thought logging in and syncing all my G-mail stuff with a Windows phone was gonna make me swear)...

I don't have much of a fancy for the smart watches either. Who the hell designs a "watch" with a three hour battery life!? :roll: :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Chaos » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Kenny wrote: After owning an Android for years, I'm thinking of going to the iPhone now.

Fucking things are too pricey for me though.

all the good smartphones are pretty much the same price, subsidized or not.

Chaos has received a thanks from: Axm
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 pm

I use a flip top. It has a lot of thrilling and exciting features:

-Screen doesn't get cracked
-Can answer phone calls without touching a button.
-Cheap to replace in case you forget it's in your pants pocket on laundry night...
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:40 pm

I still have my flip tops.

But neither have GPS, Facebook, Soundhound, or Tinder on them. I need those features to function as a human being.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Supa » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:48 pm

I finally moved into the 21st century a few months ago when I was gifted an iPhone 5. I enjoy it a ton more than I did my former Android phone. That thing restarted randomly if you breathed the wrong way. The only issue with the iPhone (already a few years old) is that the top right lock button doesn't hardly work anymore.

It's a shame phones aren't indestructible anymore. I still have my Motorola SLVR that I got in 2007 and it still works perfectly.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:59 pm

God damn supa, feel like posting much? :lol:

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Had an iPhone 4,5 and now 6+. Upgraded too the 5 for more storage space and upgraded to the 6+ for the extra battery life. The only problem I've ever had with an iPhone was on my 5 when the power button stopped working but I walked into an Apple store and walked out with a new one free of charge within 20 minutes. I've always had just a half decent case on each one and never had so much as a cracked screen, although I'm in the minority there.

I'll probably stick with the iPhone for the foreseeable future since I've bought tons of apps and songs on iTunes which always carries over. Only thing that will make me switch is if something drastic hits the mobile phone market like when smart phones hit and some company stands out like Apple has with smartphones.

iPhones can be awesome when you have friends who have them so you can do group texts and send pictures to each other for free. Not sure if androids can do that too be honest though.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Are you serious? Like fucking really? If one of her kids got cancer and she wouldn't take it to a doctor I'd call Child services within the hour. At the end of the day anyone with an ounce of common sense knows modern medicine has a higher success rate then positive vibes against cancer. If she was selling one of her kids into the sex trade should I stay out of it because it's her kid and it's up to her? No, it's a child who's being abused. Do I think I know what's better for her children? When it comes to medical treatment yes. I'll stay out of people's business just as I would hope they'll stay out of mine but if you'd let a child die and pass it off as ok then you're one sick individual. It's like saying Baby P's parents just had their own form of disciple and we should let them handle it how they want since it's their kid.

Yeah I am serious, but obviously I am not talking about straight up abuse, and I'm talking about up to a certain point, after which it is negligence. But yeah I'm not a fan of overbearing governmental intervention. But I think the laws we already have in this country (UK) are fine for the most part in regard to treatment of the cancer of children. It's not really possible for parents in this country to knowingly not treat a child's diagnosed cancer conventionally without being prosecuted. I'm ok with that.

But for non life threatening (or properly abusive) things? Yeah I think parents should be given full reign. Do you want to start enforcing mandatory vaccinations and prosecuting parents who treat their children's eczema with homeopathy? I don't think parents should be verbally chastised and harangued for it either, nor do I believe parents who conventionally treat their children deserve such scorn. I'm not down with that nanny state shit.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 pm

tbh, I want an iPhone because it's easier to write texts on the touchscreen,which is much more intuitive than any smartphone i've ever used.

Unless they have an app to fix that, of course. Preferably a free one.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 pm

iPhone's do have a very acurate touch screen. Probably the best screens to type on, but get an Xperia with a big enough display and the difference is negligible.
Touch screen tech keeps getting better these days. Most Androids used to have horrible touch screens, now like I said, way better if not almost same.

Axm has received a thanks from: Supa
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:34 pm

When the fuck are we getting hologram technology on phones?

I'd love to project 4k movies in midair while I'm on the crapper.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic