New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby blashyrkhmr101 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Been lurking this (wonderful) forum/website for about a year and decided it's high time to finally register. I've held off on doing this because I've been taking my sweet time to play through Shenmue I + II and didn't want to start discussing the games before beating them first.

Having said that, tonight is the night I must finish Shenmue II as I've just arrived in Guilin. I'm excited and terrified at the same time. Such is the magic of Shenmue.

Anyway, happy to be here.

- BlashyrkhMR101
blashyrkhmr101
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: blashyrkhmr101
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby dreamcast » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:15 am

Hello.
My name is Dreamcast and I love shenmue the game and your site is beautiful.
Thank you.
dreamcast
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi there and welcome. Fuck me, I can't believe you're the first dreamcast this site has had! Everyone really dropped the ball not naming themselves that.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby dreamcast » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you mue 26 .
dreamcast
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Welcome ! Very jealous of your name too tbh haha
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby SledgeNE » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:16 am

Hello everyone :D

Yes, i know, i'm a bit to late for first time Introducing me, but yeah, better late than never.

How i come to Shenmue and to this very wonderful Forum? It's easy to explain. On German Videogame-Magazins like "fun generation" and "Maniac" was reporting about "Project Berkley", who was later Shenmue, since this day it was on my radar. I bought my Dreamcast in 1999 and it has cost 333,- DM (an old currency before €uro). The long waiting on Shenmue I was really terrible. Special when i going to a market to buy Shenmue after Release-Day and before Christmas, but my father want to give this Game as a gift for christmas to me. And the waiting was very hard, two days to christmas, but when i got this Game, i tirned on my Dreamcast and i was hours of playing. After two weeks Shenmue I was solved. :D And this was the first time i got tears in my eyes on the ending. Tears of happiness, of course. :P
To get Shenmue II was really, really hard. The Release-Date was in Germany not concrete. In Magazines was a different Street-Date, January 11 in 2002, but the correct official Release was on November 2001. And my traders doesn't know when Shenmue II will released. With very very big luck, i owned the last exemplar of Shenmue II by my favourite trader and i was happy. And yes, i become more tears in my eyes in the ending of Shenmue II. Now i understand it: The Ending was like a goodbye. I was waiting, waiting and waiting about a announcement in Magazines, but no, nothing happens. Of Course, Shenmue Online, but i don't interested me for an MMO. (The only one interesting thing is the fireball from Ryo Hazuki. Was this a story-relevant hint for Shenmue 3?) However, i saw this Trailer later in Internet. I have Internet since 2004 for Half-Life ².
What for beautiful Games Shenmue are and it is so sadly that Yu Suzuki or SEGA doesn't announce Shenmue 3. I still have my Dreamcast. 8)

With the internet i comes to shenmuedojo. A fantastic Forum, i visit very often in the hope to finding new informations about an announcement. ;-) (Sorry for my english ;-) )

SledgeNE has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yokosuka
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:11 am

Hey man welcome to the dojo!
I gotta admit aswell. Both first times in ending Shenmue 1&2 I shed some tears abit. Well really in Shenmue 2 on the roof top battle watching Lan Di fly away I lost my shit multiple times. Still gives me goose bumps to this day.

Axm has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby STRYKIE » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Sup everyone, been aware of the Dojo for years and have lurked for just as long, but some replaying over the last week or so (huge shoutout to Smith for putting out translated versions of What's Shenmue and Shenmue 1 JP by the way) has finally made me crack...

I first bought 1 and 2 for the DC in late 2011. What took me so long? Well, I had a Dreamcast long beforehand, but on the contrary.. I.. admittedly was one of those scumbags who only got one upon finding out how easy it was to get a hold of pirated games for it. LOL. And since both Shenmue games completely filled up 4 GD-Roms (opposed to most DC games that fit snugly on a single CD-R), pirated copies of them were virtually non-existent.

Around 2010, I noticed that the DC was getting a lot of press, probably in wake of it's 10th anniversary, it then occurred to me that it'd by then be viable to just burn DC games myself since CD-RWs now cost next to nothing and and I had one on my laptop.. after flirting with it for about a year, I realized that it was still difficult to do the same for multi-disc games, eventually thought "what the heck" and coughed up for the real deal...

It was a huge wake up call as I never knew that the DC could be pushed like that, even if the console itself struggled to handle the sheer ambition of both games more often than not, along with a great education on Asian legend whilst remaining an entertaining set of games to play.

I have mixed feelings about the series, mostly because the story became more and more promising and came to such an abrupt end (circumstantially of course), but I have full confidence that 'Mue 3 will be overwhelmingly fulfilling if it is ever allowed to happen.

Not sure if there's anything else relevant about my experiences to add, but I'm more than happy to answer anyone's questions or curiosities. :)
STRYKIE
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: STRYKIE
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: FIFA 15, Shenmue 1 Undub

Postby Chen_Gui-Zhang » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:47 am

How is everyone. Decided to chose the Name Chen Gui-Zhang here in this forum due to the fact I am a fan of Shenmue and Shenmue II and Gui-Zhang is one of my favorite characters in Shenmue. But decided just want to say Hello and happy to be here!!!
Chen_Gui-Zhang
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Daredevilnofear
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Apollo Justice

Postby Ryuman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi, I'm also new. I think I'm a little odd in the sense that I have never played Shenmue (Never even owned a Dreamcast). I'm playing Shenmue for the first time now and really enjoy it, though an issue is preventing me from getting much past disc one, so I'll have to figure that out somehow... I admire the strength of the Shenmue community and hope one day Yu can sort out all the funding for the other games. I'll do my best, though there's not a lot I can add at this moment in time.
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby NewMyles » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am

What I would give to play Shenmue for the first time again.

Welcome to all the new members. Great to see that this place is still thriving with new blood.

NewMyles has received a thanks from: Sonikku
NewMyles

Postby Benoît » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello people on board!

I heard about Shenmue vaguely in the past and found a playthrough video of the first Shenmue around 2 weeks ago.
I knew that it was an interesting game, but never searched about it until recently.

It is a bit crazy to be able to find playthroughs of hundreds of games on Youtube. It takes much time in a day to watch this and you see only the major parts of the game, usually.

So, I got absorbed by the story and how the game was made with its very immersive environment.
The fable of a young and very determined guy.
I found a playthrough of Shenmue II also and was simply amazed and touched by such a piece of art.
It is so rare to see the last chapter of a game to be in a place like Guilin, a long walk to Bailu Village without having to fight and just to appreciate all this generous scenery and company of this new friend on the way.

I agree that it gives somehow an interesting immersion in japanese and chinese culture. With legends and stories with many symbolic elements. It gives a very rich experience.

I am surprised to see that many people still contribute to keep alive these games. Even to find two different people who litterally did a 'pilgrimage' of Shenmue. Such a cult game!

I do not play much video games now, but I am very enthusiastic to see very interesting concepts that have been made. And even if I haven't played these two games for real, I feel that they are kinda special.

Good to see a vast source of informations of Shenmue here.
Thanks for sharing and keeping this alive!

Benoît has received a thanks from: Nahovil
Benoît
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Marzy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Hey! I'm Marzy!

I've been back and forth to this site for a number of years and it's easily the best Shenmue site around. I decided to sign up to the forums today though and help lend a little more support to the Shenmue series. Nice to meet you all!

I'm a big Shenmue fan, so I'm sure I'll fit in nicely!
Marzy

Currently playing: Grow Home

Postby Ninja Trigger » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:36 am

Hello I'm a new poster here in the Dojo but I have been to the Dojo several time before in the past, and I hope to make a lot a of new friends while talking about one of my favorite video game series of all time. While at the same time showing my support and want for a new game in the franchise.

Ninja Trigger has received a thanks from: Nigkonun
Ninja Trigger

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Nigkonun » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:08 am

Hello I'm new here, well I been here before. I never made a account till now. I don't why, but Shenmue is a masterpiece. I can name a number of problems, but that really does not bug me when I play. If you have time can you visit my Youtube channel? Nigkonun :rotflmao:
Nigkonun
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Nigkon

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic