New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby joka » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:08 pm

FetchQuests wrote:Hi lads,

Been lurking for about 8-9 years. I came here after googling how to fix my dreamcast and I think I found a thread here or linked from here on how to do so and stuck around. I've made a couple of accounts over the years but never posted. With Shenmue 3 being announced, and hopefully Shenmue 4/5 to complete the story, it seems a good time to join in. There have been massive disappointments each year and I'm glad we are going to finally get a continuation of the story... anyway hi!

And Ladettes? There are female members on here.... ;)

Welcome btw
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby joka » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Saven wrote:Hello, I'm Saven. I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to join now that Shenmue III is now a reality! :D

I'm currently replaying Shenmue 1 now and will get to Shenmue 2 right after (and just bought an original Xbox just for it lol). I never have finished Shenmue II :oops: (the X360 emulation really bothered my experience), but now I am determined to finally finish it now. Shenmue 1 is such a great game and I am glad (and obviously many others) to see it is finally getting another installment. I'm proud to announce that I donated $100 to the Shenmue III KS, even if I haven't completed Shenmue II yet.

My favorite franchises are Streets of Rage, Metal Gear Solid, etc. I am also an active member in the Streets of Rage community. Glad to be on here! :)

Welcome and nice one for pledging!

Can't believe you've never completed S2- that's gonna be a good experience :)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby FetchQuests » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:52 pm

joka wrote:
FetchQuests wrote:Hi lads,

Been lurking for about 8-9 years. I came here after googling how to fix my dreamcast and I think I found a thread here or linked from here on how to do so and stuck around. I've made a couple of accounts over the years but never posted. With Shenmue 3 being announced, and hopefully Shenmue 4/5 to complete the story, it seems a good time to join in. There have been massive disappointments each year and I'm glad we are going to finally get a continuation of the story... anyway hi!

And Ladettes? There are female members on here.... ;)

Welcome btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SAg1zUCwBc

My bad
FetchQuests
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Saven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:40 pm

joka wrote:
Saven wrote:Hello, I'm Saven. I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to join now that Shenmue III is now a reality! :D

I'm currently replaying Shenmue 1 now and will get to Shenmue 2 right after (and just bought an original Xbox just for it lol). I never have finished Shenmue II :oops: (the X360 emulation really bothered my experience), but now I am determined to finally finish it now. Shenmue 1 is such a great game and I am glad (and obviously many others) to see it is finally getting another installment. I'm proud to announce that I donated $100 to the Shenmue III KS, even if I haven't completed Shenmue II yet.

My favorite franchises are Streets of Rage, Metal Gear Solid, etc. I am also an active member in the Streets of Rage community. Glad to be on here! :)

Welcome and nice one for pledging!

Can't believe you've never completed S2- that's gonna be a good experience :)

Yeah, I got to
Kowloon
the first time and stopped for some reason. I am enjoying it a lot more this time around. I'm determined to finish it now. :D
Saven
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: SavenForever
XBL: SavenForever
Steam: SavenForever
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby amiga1200 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:17 pm

(late response, DON'T bookmark subjects here YET, so?!)
:lol: @ Henry Spencer.
yeah, the ost is great, but it's NOT why i chose the avatar, i just :heart: japanese/anime/HENTAI depictions of girl-on-girl-action, simple! :mrgreen: (i'm cis scummery, apologies, NOT! :mrgreen: )
@ Saven.
have fun, it's all we have.
see you around! :P
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby smashman98 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Hello Everybody, My names Dan from the us i'm a backer and fun fact i've never played a shenmue game until yesterday although I have only heard great things and am looking forward to completing the series :D

smashman98 has received 2 thanks from: fittersau, Hyo Razuki
smashman98
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: smashman98
XBL: smashman98
Nintendo FC: smashman98
Steam: smashman98
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby fittersau » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:38 am

I joined ShenmueDojo back before it was a part of Gamespy.. shesh.. Is Ziming still around? Then went on a huge hiatus, signed up with my normal email address last year to comment on something then forgot the password and username.. so here I am again. :D So happy to be back talking about Shenmue and part of the expanded Shenmue Family. \:D/
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:17 am

Hello Shenmue Community,

Just a few words to introduce myself.

I'm from Switzerland and I'm 41 years old.

I played Shenmue I & II when they came out for Dreamcast a life ago and as many of you, fell desperately in love with the saga created by Suzuki San. The dream of seeing the sequel of Ryo's adventures one day never left me and as you can imagine, the annoucement of the Kickstarter back in june just sent me to the moon emotionally speaking.
I've of course backed the game and now the long wait for the dream becoming reality begins...

I've followed Shenmuedojo in the last years but never had the "heart" to register.

I would like to thank the guys at Shenmue Dojo for everything they've done this whole time and I would like to thank the whole community from the bottom of my heart to make the rebirth of Shenmue real.

So proud to be part of this family. :heart:
Last edited by Kiske on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiske has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby amiga1200 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 am

:mrgreen:
hello!
see anything you like, hit the torrent download button and DON'T forget to seed. :P
dig around the forums for possible solutions, and failing that, create a subject.
take it easy! 8)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Howdy..... i've been a guest for quite a while but i decided to make this account jumping into the hype train..... i kinda was late to the party in terms of Shenmue since i played both games in 2010 but still even in 2010 standards i found the games to be rich and full of energy that no other game has given me. well... i hope we can all get along... cya later [-o<

ps: sorry for my shitty english

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Tpgb12 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Hello! I'm 16 years old, and some of my interests include video games, anime (Favorite: Urusei Yatsura), movies and computers. I first played Shenmue a few months ago, and it has become one of my all time favorite games (next to other games like MGS, Snatcher, Policenauts, Streets of Rage II, and others).

I own Shenmue and Shenmue II (XBOX and Complete with DVD), but my copy of Shenmue only has a real disc 2. The other discs are burnt because of them being too scratched to play. I did just get around to sending the other discs somewhere to be resurfaced recently, however. I can't wait! :D

I'm currently playing Shenmue II at the moment, but I haven't played enough to judge it, yet. I'll judge it once I've beaten it.

Tpgb12 has received 2 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, Yokosuka
Tpgb12

PSN: Manic1231
Currently playing: Gaiares

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Welcome, Gyo6161 and Tpgb12.

@Gyo: It's amazing that Shenmue can turn people into passionate fans, even after all those years. Don't worry about English. There are lots of non-native speakers here. :)

@Tpgb12: Again, your case shows how powerful and beautiful Shenmue is. A 16 year-old who first plays Shenmue in 2015 and becomes a fan. Wow! Just Wow! Welcome to the Shenmue Family!

I was 16 when I first played Shenmue. What can one say? You saved yourself 14 years of waiting, young man. You may perhaps never know the sweet feeling of joy, gratification and relief which I felt when S3 was announced. But on the other hand, you didn't have to live with that feeling of emptiness, that void which Shenmue 2's ending had left within my soul for well more than a decade.

Most of the people on this forum are about 30 years old now. Old people from your point of view. But don't worry, you'll hit 30 before you know it. :)

It makes me happy to see that Shenmue has been living on, even with younger players. :)

Welcome to the family, both of you!

Hyo Razuki has received 2 thanks from: GYO6161, Tpgb12
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tpgb12 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:34 pm

@Hyo Razuki:

Thanks for the kind words! :)
Tpgb12

PSN: Manic1231
Currently playing: Gaiares

Postby Shen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 am

Hi all,

I'm a long-time occasional lurker and just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

I completed Shenmue 1 back in 2001 as an 11 year old kid. I fell in love with the game and story, and it remains my favourite video game series. I ended up selling my Dreamcast before I could get my hands on Shenmue 2. But In 2003 I bought an Xbox with S2, and after completing it, I looked online to find out when S3 would be released, finding this forum along the way. I was disappointed to find out that it wasn't being made.

Every year since, I visited the forums during E3 time, hoping against hope for S3 to be announced. Each year was met with disappointment. I only re-played S2 one more time (around 2005), but knowing that S3 wouldn't be coming out made the game's cliff-hanger ending painful and sad. I couldn't bring myself to playing Shenmue again. I was losing hope, and at one point, I even wished that Yu Suzuki would at least release a book to bring the story to a closure if a game wouldn't be possible.

Fast-forward to 2015 - I visited the Dojo once again during E3. I wasn't very hopeful after all these years of disappointment. But to my amazement, S3 was actually announced! It was like a dream come true. Without hesitation, I pledged $100 towards the Kickstarter.

I haven't played a Shenmue game in over a decade, but my heart always longed for S3. Now that I know S3 is being developed, I'm considering getting my hands on a DC and S1 & S2 again. This time, it won't be painful to replay them with the knowledge that S3 is coming out.

I want to thank all of you for keeping the dream alive all these years!
Shen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:18 am

Welcome everyone!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge