Nasty as hell injury in NCAA game

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Nasty as hell injury in NCAA game

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Its really nasty and if you don't like seeing bone don't click.

Word is he will be up and walking in 5 weeks.

While people sometimes over react to things in this case i can understand why they looked like this...

Image Image

Anyone had a nasty injury themselves? Sporting or not? Had some metal go through my hand a few years back but that's it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Nasty as hell injury in NCAA game

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Owch. Poor bastard. I've been very lucky, never had a single broken bone or any long hospital visits, thankfully. And I'd prefer to keep it that way.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Yama » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Yeah, I admittedly watched the video countless times. Couldn't understand just how it happened. Horrible though, seriously.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Nasty. In high school at my then Jr varisty football game a teamate who was a small guy about 110 pounds was running with the ball and right in front of me as I was standing on the sideline some 250 pound kid from Rival School Highland Rams jumped on his back and similar thing happened to his leg. Compound fracture bone popped out. Poor kid but we all visited him at St Marks that night. I'd be happy if I never have to see it in person again. Something you don't forget.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sailors? » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Broke my cheek bone in 3 places in a fight, hurt like a bitch. But this just looks so unbelievably painful and it's gonna take a long long recovery. Fuck a duck.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Thief » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

When I first saw that I thought "That's gotta ruin his career, especially since it's college ball"... but 5 weeks huh? Wow. I don't even understand how an injury like that is possible... boggles my mind. Once was enough for me though, the video makes me a little sick to the stomach. I can honestly say I never want to see that again.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:12 pm

:ugh: Damn that made me cringe.

Never broken a bone in my life.Used to skateboard when I was younger and took some pretty nasty falls...never a broken bone fortunately.Hope he makes a fast recovery to get back on the court.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby silent killer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 am

I've seen the video, but not the hires photos. :throwup:
I broke my nose trying to catch a popfly in little league. It's still crooked. All I can say to this is: Milk: It does a body good. Never had a break before and I like to credit it to lots of calcium intake. Although more recently I did get this nasty bruise while working. The swelling took about two months to go down and it still tingles where it happened.

silent killer has received a thanks from: Bluecast
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 am

^Same I never had a broken bone and always been a big Milk drinker. Had many times I probably should have broken something but so far I never have. Closest thing I had was a stress fracture and a few ligament and tendon injuries. Tho a kid in jr high broke his hand in 3 places on my skull punching me because I borrowed glue from his table. I had a minor concussion,
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby DockeN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Ryudo wrote: ^Same I never had a broken bone and always been a big Milk drinker. Had many times I probably should have broken something but so far I never have. Closest thing I had was a stress fracture and a few ligament and tendon injuries. Tho a kid in jr high broke his hand in 3 places on my skull punching me because I borrowed glue from his table. I had a minor concussion,

Did u retaliate? I probably would have played it off like everything was fine, and then when he least expects it, I'd suckerpunch his lights out. Then again, I talk a big game, but I'm really just a big fat pussy.
DockeN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sailors? » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

And you stink of shit, or is that me. Dunno.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:53 pm

DockeN wrote:
Ryudo wrote: ^Same I never had a broken bone and always been a big Milk drinker. Had many times I probably should have broken something but so far I never have. Closest thing I had was a stress fracture and a few ligament and tendon injuries. Tho a kid in jr high broke his hand in 3 places on my skull punching me because I borrowed glue from his table. I had a minor concussion,

Did u retaliate? I probably would have played it off like everything was fine, and then when he least expects it, I'd suckerpunch his lights out. Then again, I talk a big game, but I'm really just a big fat pussy.

I just laughed at him and said it didn't hurt. Which it didn't really. Took about an hour before I felt tired and had some nausea. Got worse when I went home. Took a nap woke up puked and felt fine. He got suspended for 2 weeks. Tho I just liked he broke his hand in 3 places.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: DockeN
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby DockeN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Sailors? wrote:And you stink of shit, or is that me. Dunno.

It's me. This morning my balls smelled so bad, I couldn't fall back asleep after hitting the snooze button... Forced me to get up 15 minutes earlier than usual to take a shower as I'm fairly certain my jeans would not be able to fully contain the smell... Thanks Obama

DockeN has received a thanks from: Sailors?
DockeN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:04 pm

I've broke my leg and broke a lot of bones in my foot when I was in middle school, was in a cast, and wheel chair.
(Tried skating down some steps) Never had any nasty injury such as bones popping out of me though.

I still have an awkward limp to this day, and one of my legs are noticeably longer than the other. When I'm walking it looks like I have two left feet. I guess I should have used that leg brace for as long as I was supposed to.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Off Topic