Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Raithos » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Its kind of sad that its hard to find a really good multiplayer shooter on consoles. The fact that this is the best experience isn't really a good thing.

That's because you are trying to aim with your thumbs, might as well play with your feet! JK, I saw you said you play bf on PC. I gave up on console shooters. After playing fps on PC for so long, it feels like work trying to aim with a control. Most titles I pick up on consoles nowadays are RPGs, shmups and exclusives only.

Strangely enough tho, my brother switched to playing BO2 on Wii-U as well. Says the hit detection is better, and he doesn't have as many connection issues as he did on PS3.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:34 pm

I've got really messed up hands, so playing Mouse+Keyboard makes them lock up in a state of pain after a few hours, so controller is preferable to me. Plus, years of playing stuff like GTA 4/5, Red Dead, Bioshock, Max Payne etc have made me pretty good at shooters when using a controller anyway.

Theres another thing, I usually work like all day so the only time I have to play is at night so most of my friends are asleep when I get off work (or rather when I allow myself to not slam my face on my dev PC) so I'm forced to play randoms sometimes, and I kind of feel like part of the fun in multiplayer for me is interacting, if I can't stand the people I'm playing with it just falls apart for me.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 am

Bought a PSP along with a travel/crystal case.Don't have any games though.Any recommendations?
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:25 am

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Bought a PSP along with a travel/crystal case.Don't have any games though.Any recommendations?

Trechery in Bea.....BUY A VITA DAMNIT!

Seriously though it depends whatcha feelin in the mood for. Tactics Ogre got a great remake on the console, Dracula X Chronicles is pretty great.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 am

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Bought a PSP along with a travel/crystal case.Don't have any games though.Any recommendations?

What games do you like? I recommend Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. I rate it one of the best in the series, not just on portables..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Trechery in Bea.....BUY A VITA DAMNIT!

Already own one. :)

Crimson Ryan wrote:What games do you like? I recommend Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. I rate it one of the best in the series, not just on portables..

Anything will be fine really.But as for anything in particular,any good horror games you know of?Looking into buying Silent Hill Origins.Also wanted to get Shattered Memories but was told to get it on the Wii instead.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 am

PSP is really lacking in horror titles, sadly. No idea how the Silent Hill games fare, but I'd daresay they aren't up to the Team Silent games of the past. The system has an amazing array of strategy and role playing games though.

Here's my (probably) final physical PSP game purchase:

It included art cards, an art book/compendium of enemies in the game with stats & a digital download code (if anybody in PAL regions has a PSP and wants to try this dungeon crawling RPG, PM me).
Only 1 of 300 ever made, so I was lucky getting this one from Ghostlight. Reckon it'll be going for a fair price point on eBay in a couple of years.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Wow that Elminage looks stupid awesome.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:53 pm

ImageImage

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 am

That started off with the global game jam if I'm not mistaken, it was the one that had to do with evolution

I like "Warriors" games. They're dumb, they hardly ever change, and they're repetitive, but thats kind of what a hack and slash is. I like to get em and mess with the limited combo system, also these games tend to spur me on to reading. I'll play one, remember how good the book its based off is, then go read it again.

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 am

A used PSP 1000, and PS Vita wifi/3G bundle with a 1-year PSPlus membership.

The only handheld gaming I've been doing over the last few years has been on an iPad. These are MUCH more fun.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Mitsuzuki wrote: A used PSP 1000, and PS Vita wifi/3G bundle with a 1-year PSPlus membership.

The only handheld gaming I've been doing over the last few years has been on an iPad. These are MUCH more fun.

I really do not understand people playing games on ipad/phone. I've played a couple of games no longer than mere minutes. Just can't get into it.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 pm

^They rely heavily on touch screen puzzle games and not a whole lot else. I can't understand people who play classics like Vice City or Final Fantasy Tactics on them. It just isn't the same with those "controls".
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Any mobile game designed from the ground up for touch can work very well. Plants vs. Zombies and Angry Birds are the popular examples, but they do so well for this very reason. From the flip side, I would think these games would suck using traditional controllers.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:21 pm

GTA III was horrendous on ipad. Plants vs Zombies I've played myself on PS3, I didn't think there was anything fundamentally wrong with it not being touch screen. If anything I would of thought playing some junk like Angry Birds with a thumb stick and a button would be just as easy, if not better.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming